Sign in to follow this  
Senxo

The Fighter Mentality

No star ocean 3 lol. 3rd playthrough... I'm at 250 hours or something. Best game EVAR.

albel the wicked... sorry just remembered that badass....... in a skirt

also star ocean 4 is coming to PS3:yaaay::toot:

No star ocean 3 lol. 3rd playthrough... I'm at 250 hours or something. Best game EVAR.

oh god that game! your fucked.

all SO vets know 1 and 2 is where its at trust me.

FYI i did 6 play through's of 3 so i know what i'm talking about.

SO3 is garbage.

SO4 is a garbage phoenix...still garbage.

My strategy to prevent rage in BB matches (Online) -

Because honestly, if you're not upset you will be soon enough.

1. Find a ranked match opponent (Make sure they're not so high of a level that you rage when they perfect you, but not so low of a level so you cry when they somehow beat you)

2. Pick your main

3. Play

4. Go for the Astral (CRUCIAL POINT HERE, THIS WAY YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE IF YOU LOSE AND A GLOATING TOOL IF YOU WIN, DO THIS SHIT)

5. Run to the Dashboard regardless of whether you win or not

6. Turn on your computer

7. Start playing Melty Blood

8. ??????

9. PROFIT

And why are we talking Star Ocean, Persona 4 and preventing rage on BB online again?

Posted Image

It helps that the Noels who visit the Noel forum are real pro. Lol.

fine ill rephrase it

90% of the noels that i can name and that i've fought already :v:

Not to further derail the thread but I like playing: Hadoolket (Noel v Litch turtle matches =/) Ladon (fuck ID/ tsubame) Latinkid (a ragna that actually switches up mixups) Bludika (really nice hakumen, but why so angry?) Rei-scarred (I still suck vs Bang) Yaya (TK is so broken) Phagtas (Wish it wasn't laggy though) Then a few rachel players whose name I can't remember. I used to play a lot of Jins but they all disappeared. I don't think I've met a single arakune who knows how to combo =/ everyone just DIVES wooooooohoooo.

I could list all the people I like playing, but you all know who you are. I guess if I had a hit list... Isuyaru Ladon SKD Wingspade Rei-Scarred ( with love of course, no homo) Yaya#### I just like playing against people who body my ass. I'm a glutton for punishment I guess.

Not to further derail the thread but I like playing:

Hadoolket (Noel v Litch turtle matches =/)

Ladon (fuck ID/ tsubame)

Latinkid (a ragna that actually switches up mixups)

Bludika (really nice hakumen, but why so angry?)

Rei-scarred (I still suck vs Bang)

Yaya (TK is so broken)

Phagtas (Wish it wasn't laggy though)

Then a few rachel players whose name I can't remember. I used to play a lot of Jins but they all disappeared. I don't think I've met a single arakune who knows how to combo =/ everyone just DIVES wooooooohoooo.

What is this list i dont even-

Ladon (fuck ID/ tsubame)

Yaya (TK is so broken)

Then a few rachel players whose name I can't remember. I used to play a lot of Jins but they all disappeared. I don't think I've met a single arakune who knows how to combo =/ everyone just DIVES wooooooohoooo.

what can I say, noel drive is free punishment :>

Ladon (fuck ID/ tsubame)

Yaya (TK is so broken)

ur so off my 5

My list. Online, of course. :3 Nu: DB72331 (or something like it) Hakumen: Ka-ru-ra / Bludika Tager: MojoPlenty / Heroic-Legacy Bang: Lord-Cruxis Litchi: EvBot Arakune: I don't play vs. Arakune Carl: Electrorobotic Taokaka: Ronove-The-Earl / TaoFTW Noel: SKD / Moemoekyun Rachel: Otakuspeedvibe / Zinac Ragna: Abelcru (used to kick his ass every encounter... now he kicks mine) Jin: Moi_X7 / ChrissCr0ss I'm sure there's better players out there, but this is my hit list.

what can I say, noel drive is free punishment :>

It's not even during drive, you DP when I 6B, or try to get you in a blockstring w/ jump attacks. Then of course my favorite IB my 5A and DP while I dash :psyduck: Then I try to bait you and you don't DP GOD DAMN IT

ur so off my 5

Awww but we're like Noel buddies, it's a whole another level.

Oh, and to add some Tagers to the list... Naikou, OneWingedTenshi, and Mojoplenty (just got to play him tonight) are always humbling to play against.

Anyway, derail over. Here are my two cents regarding fighter mentality. (it's probably been said already)

I think accepting the game as it is is pretty helpful. I used to rage pretty hard whenever I'd lose to Arakune or Nu, but now I just try my best and see what I could've done better. It's easy to blame the game, but the fact is, since we don't play at the highest level possible (that would be the Japanese arcade players), balance matters less. I think I can always improve to read opponents quicker, even if they have a favorable matchup against my char.

Combos, punishes, and setups to certain situations should be auto-pilot. It allows you to focus on the things that really matter in the match.

Ask yourself where you affix your gaze during a match. Is it on your own character? If so, then you're doing it wrong. What you should be doing is looking at the space between you and your opponent. Once you are aware of this distance, then you will know what options are available to you and your opponent. If you know what options are available, then you can narrow down what your opponent will do and counter by anticipation rather than reaction.

Good post here Kro.

I tend to watch pros how they do matches. I'm impressed about how the Japanese play their games, they never complain and rage about losing and for them everything is like a lesson. We Europe and America players tend to rage when we lose, forgetting that there are lessons to be draw from our losses. At least that is what i have notice so far.

Day9 actually said something I thought was pretty brilliant for any gamer's mentality, "Play to not lose" begin difference between trying to win.