Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

damn, i'm back for good and i will tell you, man i missed tao but taunt loops are fucking so hard to get down. But i guess trying to get them in one day is asking too much lol. HELLLO EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :kitty:

Haha what? Which mission based combos could you be using more than taunt loops?

Edit: Yeah, just went through challenge mode again, none of those combos are at all practical. Are you trolling?

I guess 4k combos aren't practical for people who mash buttons. Point taken. :3 The reason I said they're practical is because, I don't know, they work. I find myself using mission #10 combos for most of my finishers.

I guess 4k combos aren't practical for people who mash buttons. Point taken. :3 The reason I said they're practical is because, I don't know, they work. I find myself using mission #10 combos for most of my finishers.

So you're saying off of FC 2C rather than doing the 6k combo+ oki or the 7k combo, I should do the 5.2k combo with no oki and less damage? And define what you mean by "they work". Do you mean they work for you more often than taunt loop?

So you're saying off of FC 2C rather than doing the 6k combo+ oki or the 7k combo, I should do the 5.2k combo with no oki and less damage? And define what you mean by "they work". Do you mean they work for you more often than taunt loop?

If you can tell me that you've managed to, repeatedly, FC off of 2c in a high level match; if you watch JP matches of tsujikawa against galileo; if you can tell me you've taunt looped off of 2a or any other repeated proration normal; then you may have a case. Tao's taunt loop is her primary bnb. So you're right in saying that you should always maximize damage, but the reality is that Tao does not revolve around taunt loop. Taunt loop revolves around Tao. The mission combos are a good example of what Tao can do outside of taunt loops. This is also coming from Xie, who is one of the QAs from Aksys, that helped to - mind you - create/test the missions.

Work

noun, adjective, verb, worked or ( Archaic except for 35, 37, 40 ) wrought; working.

- the result of exertion, labor, or activity; a deed or performance.

with object

to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.

Question:

Most damaging combo off anti-air 6A? Since her 6A has been improved and it's definetely a must use now especially in certain matchup (like vs Hakumen).

You can actually do around a high 3k+ damage off 6A

6A -> j.8D~A -> Land -> j.8D~A -> Land -> j.8D~A -> Land -> 2D~8/C -> Your choice of ender.

While this may not be practical, it yields one of the highest damage off a 6A.

Unless, of course, you're aiming for a 6A CH into 6C

So I was tinkering around with 6a and the combo I said earlier works...and with 3k damage. The downside is that you have to hitconfirm 6a and then gatling to 2d.

damn, i'm back for good and i will tell you, man i missed tao but taunt loops are fucking so hard to get down. But i guess trying to get them in one day is asking too much lol. HELLLO EVERYONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE :kitty:

For awhile, it'll be like OMFG WTF I HATE THIS EXECUTION FOR THIS LOOP and then 3 days of mashing after you'll be like *taunt loop all day *whistles

Seriously, its a big barrier you have to get over, but once you get past it, its no problem at all. Again, look up my "Taunt loop timing" vids for the audio cues :P

Please dont get my hopes up XD.

-btw- wich connection color was that match? (blue, yellow, red?)

I dont remember the color xDD it goes by number now. 4 is best, 0 is crap. And that match was at 2. It was mediocre. I've gotten up to 3 taunts on a shit connection before it lag spiked and got me killed FTL... lol.

You're Chromatic Kitty, you romped my ass in CT, you'll do fine in CS. =w=

I dont remember the color xDD it goes by number now. 4 is best, 0 is crap. And that match was at 2. It was mediocre. I've gotten up to 3 taunts on a shit connection before it lag spiked and got me killed FTL... lol.

You're Chromatic Kitty, you romped my ass in CT, you'll do fine in CS. =w=

Tks for the info man, I might just main tao again. I'll get the game on tuesday/wednesday (if luck will have it...) and I'll see.

If you can tell me that you've managed to, repeatedly, FC off of 2c in a high level match; if you watch JP matches of tsujikawa against galileo; if you can tell me you've taunt looped off of 2a or any other repeated proration normal; then you may have a case. Tao's taunt loop is her primary bnb. So you're right in saying that you should always maximize damage, but the reality is that Tao does not revolve around taunt loop. Taunt loop revolves around Tao. The mission combos are a good example of what Tao can do outside of taunt loops. This is also coming from Xie, who is one of the QAs from Aksys, that helped to - mind you - create/test the missions.

Work

noun, adjective, verb, worked or ( Archaic except for 35, 37, 40 ) wrought; working.

- the result of exertion, labor, or activity; a deed or performance.

with object

to bring about (any result) by or as by work or effort: to work a change.

The question wasn't if FC 2C is viable or if it happens in-match, the question was how is challenge 10's combo viable in an actual match? I know the mission combos are a good example of what Tao can do outside of taunt loop, but they're still inferior to taunt loop. Also the definition of work wasn't needed nor did it prove any sort of point. Taunt loop "works" in that sense too.

FC 2C is primarily for punishing blocked DPs though, for the most part. The more you bait DPs, the more you get to use that combo. That's all there really is to that one.

Although plain 6C itself can hit bad players just doing random shit midscreen too.

FC 2C is primarily for punishing blocked DPs though, for the most part.

Isn't it a better idea to 6C into 7k meterless from a blocked DP? I don't main tao, just throwing that out there.

Isn't it a better idea to 6C into 7k meterless from a blocked DP? I don't main tao, just throwing that out there.

FC 2C->6C does the same damage as 6C itself. 2C has a 14 frame startup. 6C has a 23 frame startup. 6C itself is better for whiff punishing and beating people out midscreen because of its generous hitbox, although it's still pretty slow for those purposes.

Since FC combo's elongate hitstun for that combo, how many more taunts can you get? I heard you did 13 "But it was hard"... has anyone figure out any more damaging options off of FC 2c 6c?

Since FC combo's elongate hitstun for that combo, how many more taunts can you get? I heard you did 13 "But it was hard"... has anyone figure out any more damaging options off of FC 2c 6c?

I do 13 and it works just fine. I've never whiffed it, unless I messed up the taunt loop.

You can actually do around a high 3k+ damage off 6A

6A -> j.8D~A -> Land -> j.8D~A -> Land -> j.8D~A -> Land -> 2D~8/C -> Your choice of ender.

While this may not be practical, it yields one of the highest damage off a 6A.

Might not be practical but it's worth to know it, thanks I'll give it a try.

Unless, of course, you're aiming for a 6A CH into 6C

I totally forgot about that setup. Considering how a lot of opponents don't respect Tao when approaching air-to-ground, the chances of getting a CH 6A are still pretty high in a lot of matchups. Damn good stuff.

o_____0 NEVER TRUST A LAMBDY WITH YOUR CAT :3 Flappy flaps dont know what they're talkin about lol

Just drill the crap out of that motion lol

The only reason taunt loops can be doable online for me is because I steamrolled the same goddamn motion OVER AND OVER for like 4 months strait. It doesn't really get effected online if you have the motion, unless there's a lag spike, which is annoying as HELL lol...

HAHAHA well im just starting to learn this loop so....im probably gonna be a while before i make it online with it :P im doing pretty well against people that used to beat me on CT

but yeah i can probably fake them out with one loop to get them burstin and if not its also just an added hit to the usual combo i hit em with

i was aware it was doable online when i saw the guys at the top of the leaderboard shortly after buying the game XP

Is there someting I'm missing when it comes to combos against crouchers? I've been practicing 6B, 5B, 6A, Taunt Loop against crouching opponents, and decided to record the CPU doing it just to test it on everyone, but for some reason, I can block the 5B if I had assumed a crouching guard during 6B. Is this a mechanic I've not heard of? Does using a crouch guard prevent the extra combo ability against crouchers?

6B -> 5B is character specific, it says this in the first post. It only works vs. Noel, Hazama, Tsubaki, Rachel and Litchi.

6B -> 5B is character specific, it says this in the first post. It only works vs. Noel, Hazama, Tsubaki, Rachel and Litchi.

I saw that, but I've gotten it to work on Ragna. He's actually the character that made me post that, since it works if he DOESN'T assume a crouch guard, but he can block the 5B if he does. Weird hitbox?

I saw that, but I've gotten it to work on Ragna. He's actually the character that made me post that, since it works if he DOESN'T assume a crouch guard, but he can block the 5B if he does. Weird hitbox?

On counterhit, it works on pretty much everybody.

Edit: Make that everybody.

i'm about to go crazy, i can't get the 3d cs2x5 as a ender consistently... they either go flying the other way or the go flying under them... any tips Also what is the best combo ender or more practical, i should say .

i'm about to go crazy, i can't get the 3d cs2x5 as a ender consistently... they either go flying the other way or the go flying under them... any tips Also what is the best combo ender or more practical, i should say .

Relax, you're rushing the inputs. If you're wiffing the j.2d, then you're pressing it too early. If you're not able to get the full hits, then you're late on your CS2. Regardless, you have more time to hit them than you think. HIT CONFIRMATION AND SPACING, apart from execution, IS EVERYTHING!

hey guys, just found this and thought i would share a (new?) combo i found while messing around in training mode.

j.236BBBBB (last hit only, CH) -> 66 -> 6C -> 66 -> Taunt Loop x6 -> 236CC -> 2D~6 -> j.C -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 [4594]

could work for corner oki, just do high jump -> j.236BBBBB and only the last hit should connect. feedback please?