Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

hey guys, just found this and thought i would share a (new?) combo i found while messing around in training mode.

j.236BBBBB (last hit only, CH) -> 66 -> 6C -> 66 -> Taunt Loop x6 -> 236CC -> 2D~6 -> j.C -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 [4594]

could work for corner oki, just do high jump -> j.236BBBBB and only the last hit should connect. feedback please?

This is fairly old, I've been using it for a long time. Stole it from a Japanese Tao. You should be doing 236BBBB 66 Taunt loopx8 for 5k. A good way to get into it is (blockstring in the corner) 5D~C j.236BBBB

This is fairly old, I've been using it for a long time. Stole it from a Japanese Tao. You should be doing 236BBBB 66 Taunt loopx8 for 5k. A good way to get into it is (blockstring in the corner) 5D~C j.236BBBB

dat shit dont work on df2k :3

I frequently see experts starting their TL combos and distortion-ending strings with 2A (e.g.: 2A, 5B, 5C, 2C, 326326D;; 2A, 5B, 6A, JC, 2d~b, TL etc.).

What is the purpose of this 2A starter? Isn't is bad in terms of proration? Isn't it better to start everything with just 5B? Or does 5A stand there for it's startup and low block only peculiarities only?

It's part of her pressure mixup, you can't always hitconfirm from 5B or you're going to be too predictable.

2a is great and all for mixup and beating out peoples blockstrings but you are going to get crap damage off of it. I don't think you can taunt loop off it either. Maybe one but i'm not sure.

^^^ My problem

My mixup has been in the crapper since Ive been working on taunt loops.

I guess in order to make the best of a 2a starter would be to combo up to a 5c then hexa edge. However you could go the oki route with a 5c, 236a, drive cancel.

Also, as it wasn't posted on the first post so i would like to mention you can combo Taos astral after an air grab. Just make sure you complete the motion as soon as Tao slams the opponents head in the ground. Simple stuff!!!

2a is great and all for mixup and beating out peoples blockstrings but you are going to get crap damage off of it. I don't think you can taunt loop off it either. Maybe one but i'm not sure.

It doesn't matter if you TL off it or if you go 2A > 3C >etc, the point of using 2A is that it's her best hitconfirming tool besides 5B. Which is why you see a lot of japanese players using it. It doesn't matter if the damage is poor, hitconfirming and getting in everytime is more important.

I am now in the middle of TL learning process, and I feel I almost got the general rhythm and delay. I already managed to execute a deal of TL sections, but the problem is that I use a pad (Dualshock 3). I really feel that most times I drop the loop due to inaccurate execution of 214 on pad. So the stick is really a whole world of difference from the pad, and you basically do want it for TLooping and other expert playing?

No doubt an arcade stick is a whole lot better in general, not just for executing the TL.

I think arcade sticks make fighting games more fun in general. Ya after trying to play tekken on a 360 pad, I decided sticks were way superior.

Also I would like to mention that hexa edge after a 2a combo is not the best use of meter...

I wasn't saying 2a is bad.

2a is good you just won't be able to get major damage off of it.

If I hit confirm with 2a I either go 2a->3c->short combo or 2a->5b->236aaaaa->mixup never hexa edge off of 2a

Has anyone made a combo list with all the damage ratings?

Or at least compiled a list of both taunt combo loop and non taunt combo loops with different starters, and listing the highest damage combo for each one?

Has anyone made a combo list with all the damage ratings?

Or at least compiled a list of both taunt combo loop and non taunt combo loops with different starters, and listing the highest damage combo for each one?

That would take a ridiculous amount of time and effort. If you care enough about it, do it yourself :v:

That would take a ridiculous amount of time and effort. If you care enough about it, do it yourself :v:

I'm not good enough yet to do all the combos, I'd need help of better players to compile it but I can start one :)

I don't know if this has been mentioned, since it doesn't seem terribly practical, but you can link 6c after a CH d~RC. Pretty sure you can still get 10-12 taunt loops off this, but the best I could do was 7 before fucking up. I got this to work off 5d, j.d, 4d, and j.4d, but not 2d or j.2d.

Again, not sure if it's practical, but I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone can make use of it.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, since it doesn't seem terribly practical, but you can link 6c after a CH d~RC. Pretty sure you can still get 10-12 taunt loops off this, but the best I could do was 7 before fucking up. I got this to work off 5d, j.d, 4d, and j.4d, but not 2d or j.2d.

Again, not sure if it's practical, but I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone can make use of it.

I'll test it right now and see how practical it is.

Edit: 9 times for 5628. Not a bad use of 50 meter at all, nice find man. I'd say it's practical, but I'd have to mess around with it in-match to see how many CH drives I get.

Edit Edit: Also I got it to work off of j.2D CH, the timing is just a lot stricter. 2D won't work, since RCing sends you flying off upwards.

Well, you do get almost all of your meter back if it hits, haha. The combo gives you 47 heat. I got 5628 off 5D RC 6C too. I got a little over 5700 off j.4D into it, and 6063 off [2]7D (this one actually had a 10th taunt I think).

Updated with more specific non-taunt information. I categorized the enders by amount of untechable time, and gave examples to get into it and damage for each.

I've been studying the taunt combo for a few days and finally got to try it... It's so freaking hard how can you people actually do it correctly. I can barely do the 2d~b part and even then that's like once ever 30 tries or so. Even harder than that is the BnB taunt start with 6A>JC>j.2d~b. If someone could sorta help me out as I really want to be able to main Tao (I had to drop Nu and Rachel as they got even more difficult for me). Actually I should be asking for help doing even the non-taunt combo's like which one should I be practicing the most because the most damage I've gotten out of a made up combo was 3000 and I could never do it again. I thank you for your help and will be practicing at least the Challenge 4 as I can't even do 5 yet I suck at it too much.

I've been studying the taunt combo for a few days and finally got to try it... It's so freaking hard how can you people actually do it correctly. I can barely do the 2d~b part and even then that's like once ever 30 tries or so. Even harder than that is the BnB taunt start with 6A>JC>j.2d~b. If someone could sorta help me out as I really want to be able to main Tao (I had to drop Nu and Rachel as they got even more difficult for me). Actually I should be asking for help doing even the non-taunt combo's like which one should I be practicing the most because the most damage I've gotten out of a made up combo was 3000 and I could never do it again. I thank you for your help and will be practicing at least the Challenge 4 as I can't even do 5 yet I suck at it too much.

First, don't consider challenge mode combos viable. Just learn the combos listed in this thread. Secondly, Tao is one of the harder characters in BB, you would be a lot better off with Lambda or Rachel. That said, taunt loop is not impossible, it just takes a great deal of time to do well/consistently, but the payoff is amazing.

First, don't consider challenge mode combos viable. Just learn the combos listed in this thread. Secondly, Tao is one of the harder characters in BB, you would be a lot better off with Lambda or Rachel. That said, taunt loop is not impossible, it just takes a great deal of time to do well/consistently, but the payoff is amazing.

So wait shes one of the harder characters... I thought she was an easier character ah well I guess the combo's here are what i need to be practicing then. So um about the Combo starts and combo enders, what does that mean can i mix and match or something?