Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

XDest

So you've finally got yourself into our little AB2 fetish? :3

The taunt delay must be a tricky part, since you end already high, there is a possibility for an opponent to tech. However, I found three more tricky parts. First is that you must input your super back jump just as immediately as possible after 6CC, unless you won't hit your CAT2 on time. Second, I often whiff when jump-cancelling into second set of CAT2. Let me see, my last hit of CAT2 1st set sends an opponent to the wall, than I should forward jump cancel to collide him with my CAT2 2nd set there, at the wall, right? So he often techs out of his wall-knock out state before first possible hit of my CAT2 2nd set connects. Last, one very essential thing about the CAT2 sets, is NOT, NEVER extra hit after fifth hit connected. The sixth CAT2 hit will freak up the wall bounce strategy.

About continuing it with 236236D for fanciness, that sounds cool, but also there must be a chance for tech trap, if in your 3rd set of CAT2 you'd hit the 6th hit.

I curiously wonder, how should CAT2 ender behave with so called 'corner oki ender'? I figured, if it could be connected after the whole oki ender, it would be a whole new world of damage. And it may even sound reasonable, since the oki ender leaves you some window for action, after last hit of it has been performed. What if, instead recommended 236236D try out 236236B with immediate 6C etc.?

Warahk

The input is: 6C>TL>AB2(activate)>Taunt>236C>6Cx2 (there must be 4 hits to send the knockdown opponent flying as high, as it needs)>37(backward high jump cancel)>j.236BBBBB>9(air forward jump cancel)>j.236BBBBB>8(air jump cancel)>j.236BBBBBB(Japanese players add the sixth hit to the last set, since its damage is almost identical to the fifth one).

kataridragon

No-no, twice as for input, hence - 4 hits in total. With just 2 hits the opponent is sent flying not high enough for your CAT2 to reach him. (Unless Dest discovered something different)

However, it is strange, I tried it on Jin, and double 6C didn't work the way it was supposed, but at the same time it worked on Rachel well. I cant get the point, hope XDest has something to say to clear the blurry parts.

BTW, kataridragon, what's with those links to nico-nico with previous AB2 ender version? Do you have them? I can't find them in this topic... don't remember where they originally were... could you repost them, please?

However, it is strange, I tried it on Jin, and double 6C didn't work the way it was supposed, but at the same time it worked on Rachel well. I cant get the point, hope XDest has something to say to clear the blurry parts.

BTW, kataridragon, what's with those links to nico-nico with previous AB2 ender version? Do you have them? I can't find them in this topic... don't remember where they originally were... could you repost them, please?

Dude I cant find it anymore....

anyways what the *cuss* I cant seem to get this ab2 ender its madning. My 6c never wants to connect either i try to eairly and the link doesnt come out or it seems late and bluebeats :(

Ill keep trying though....

I cant get a 6cc either and super jumping is not helping... sigh*

Edit: So in the video I noticed that it looks as though the tao after ab2 does a taunt, 236c, 6c then air cat2 but what I notice is that the combo counter goes from 20 at the ab2 to 28 before cat2... meaning there is another hit and you must hit with all hits of the second image is 6c the extra attack and I have a very hard time with hitting all of the second images.... hmmm

I do believe its anouther 6c but you must hit with all of the second images

On Rachel it worked fine. When you connect 236C to knockdown her, 6C connects definitely. And second 6C as well (since it is cancelling nature of AB2 mode), but the tricky part is that you must input your Backward high jump cancel right the moment you have executed second 6C. Pay attention: not the moment second 6C animation starts, but the moment you press the (second) 6C input.

I'm worried how Jin manages to escape that very second 6C (first 6C sends him bouncing against the wall, and he manages to slip through the second 6C, which is meant to send him higher). It probably may by me who is failing the execution, but I fear this is the difference between Rachel and Jin's proportions. It might happen that after all the only universal AB2 ender is that hard version with many inputs in first Japanese video.

I have been trying to do Taokaism's AB2 ender using 3c->AB2->6c->236a->4d~6, but I got more luck doing the normal 3c->AB2->6c->6c->sjc backward->etc etc. Using taunt loop, the Taokaism's AB2 ender works fine...maybe not against Arakune and Tager.

Ok I got it to work w/o the taunts. The start was 6cc in Ab2. For the first cat2 go for a super jump backwards and cat2 as soon as you hit with the second 6c (like cryingvoid said). Jump cancel and quickly go into cat2. Then Tk the third cat2.

this one?

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11441160

edit: thanks for the inputs

Surprisingly, I found this video yesterday myself, but the forum was down to post it. If moderators could save this video in the first post, of smth else, it would be great, and it won't be lost again.

Also! I think I got the last tricky part here (thanks to the video above). The secret of success in "6Cx2" part lies in (one may not believe it) the DELAY between first 6C and second. I figured, the opponent slipped my second 6C because it was too fast, so the original Tao's strike literally matched the clone Tao's strike, and did not connect. Speaking clearer, you want the following to happen: You input 6C first time; Orig. Tao's animation starts: you DO NOT input 6C the second time right after that, but WAIT for Clone Tao's animation of first 6C to start; you DO input second 6C when animation of Clone's first 6C started; you immediately backward high jump cancel, while both, orig. and clone animations of second 6C run.

Even better solution for the tricky delay part between two 6C's is even not to delay the second input, but to CHARGE it, you see, this way it would be both delayed and comfortably timed. Gotta try it out :3

kataridragon

Of course, since the count is small there. It is better be done 'to the last taunt' straight, and as for oki ender, I wondered above, what is to try AB2 after the full oki ender? When you CAT2 him to the wall? Barriage Super seems to connect, so AB2'ed 6C also might.

Almost got it off in a real match online with a 3C -> taunt loop. I blue beated the 236C->6C, but the rest of the combo landed for 7.7k. I smiled.

So, what do you do after AB2 -> 236A -> wait -> 6C ? I can't figure it out, but I can't help but think that this is a bit easier to get off in a real match.

Final advice on normal AB2 ender: Keep the opponent low in the taunt loop, do AB2, mash taunt after AB2 comes out, and 236C->6C shall work.

Learning the Taunt Loop. The 214D is the most important waiting period? I've been waiting at the wrong inputs xDD

So, what do you do after AB2 -> 236A -> wait -> 6C ? I can't figure it out, but I can't help but think that this is a bit easier to get off in a real match.

Final advice on normal AB2 ender: Keep the opponent low in the taunt loop, do AB2, mash taunt after AB2 comes out, and 236C->6C shall work.

Ok So its 6c, Tloop x9 (keep opponent low), ab2, taunt, 236c, 6cc (dont hit the second 6c at the same time as the after image from the first 6c), SJ (backwards), 236b x5, 236b x5, 2369 x5.

Im having touble getting my 6cc to combo after my ab2 taunt it always bluebeats on me... :(

Edit: Ok so you dont have to stop at 9 loops. you can do all the loops before ab2. Maybe my timing is just shit....

It's 6C 6C. Four hits.

Also, you might not be doing the taunt after AB2 at the right time, it has to pretty much be right away so they're propelled back up just enough for the 236C to barely hit. The other way is to have them higher then delay the taunt after the AB2 to just the right height, but that's more difficult to get consistently.

Hun...sometimes the opponent can tech before the third jc->236bbbbb...this has been happening a lot with me. Any tip about this?

KM Riku

I suppose it is a matter of mere execution... I'm having a problem connecting even the second set of CAT2. Also the point may be an a jump cancel. You are free to jump cancel almost at any moment of your CAT2, so try to be quicker. Don't wait and clue yourself to animation. Try to orient on your feeling, rhythm and button sound instead. At least it is true to 236C>6C>6C>HJC 7 part. Let me see... it must generally feel as if you want to outrun yourself, that is.

Doing Taokaism's ender, I can get it right more times than doing the normal version. I tested it against every character, it doesn't work against Tager and Arakune like the normal AB2 ender. However, the timing on Litchi and Makoto is a pain in the ass...somehow it's harder to combo it against them.

I finally did the stupid combo I came up with in the arcades last night. It was off a front throw and TL till the corner, ended with my combo and it was at a high end 6k+++ damage.

I guess it's pretty practical.

And yes, it doesn't work on Arakune and Tager due to their odd hitboxes. I'm thinking of ways to actually connecting them. Perhaps it's just timing.

and yes KM Riku, you have to use 2368BBBBB for the final hit instead of 8236BBBBB.

Using the latter will allow opponent to tech before your last hit connects.

Ya Riku TK that last cat2 takakaism says 2368bbbbb but 2369bbbbb works as well.

Continuing on. I was thinking, what would be the best combo from a dead angle? Is it cancelable like regular drives? It could be well worth it if lets say haku jumps in for a j.b to a block~dead angle for whatever damage.

I would test this myself but i probably wont get any game time today.

I was messing around one day and saw that if you do a j.236b and mash it in the air while letting the last 2 hits hit your opponent(on the ground) it will launch them and you can follow up.

so kinda like, run at opponent, than time a jump that when you hit the ground you will be infront of them, and as soon as you jump do j.236bbbbb.... spam, if you time it right there should be 2-3 hits on the opponent including the last one which will launch them(similair to 6C) and will allow you to follow with 5D or 6C against a corner than further combo

@SushiMooshi

What you said is common knowledge. Im pretty sure most people reading this thread or view this forum period knows this. I suggest you read the rest of this thread (I know its a lot). Another good way to set that up is to do cat jump (214d) then while in the jump do a 236bbbbb for that wallbounce. You could even try a 2d~a, b or c then go for a 236bbbbb. there are many options.