Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

But think of taokaka challenge 10, now that uses one taunt for 5.3 k damage, they cant change that now, so it must be after the first loop it takes effect,

and to be fair i prefer none taunt combos myself, look alot better, tho the damage is not the same gotta play for style right, thx for the inspiration on that vid xdest

6C -> 5D~B -> 22C -> 2D~6 -> j.2D~C -> j.2D~A -> 9D~5 -> 6D~6 -> j.C -> .. -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236B -> 3D~3 -> j.236B -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 does 5301 I'm pretty sure, and uses no taunts.

6C -> 5D~B -> 22C -> 2D~6 -> j.2D~C -> j.2D~A -> 9D~5 -> 6D~6 -> j.C -> .. -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236B -> 3D~3 -> j.236B -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 does 5301 I'm pretty sure, and uses no taunts.

hey xdest is this practical... if you land a 6c ch ? just curious. Like are 22c combos worth the difficulty. I mean, since double and single tl are still going to be pointless ( according to you ) is 22c the next best thing to learn ?

As far as I remember, there are two taunts there...

yeah there is, the actual, tl then the taunt then 236c.

5b - 3c - 5d,b hit - 3c - 2d - (j.2d~c - jc x2) j9d'9 - jc - j9d'9 - jc - j3d'3 - cs2

how is the 3c part possible, or is that 1c the one where she swings her claw while crouching backwards?

To post above, i cant quote as im on my phone, but it is defo 3c dude, and i did say only use it on litchi, due to 5c - 2d does not work well on her, im still tryin to find something that works better on haz and tsubaki, everyone else i 5c or 22c if im close enough

5b - 3c - 5d,b hit - 3c - 2d - (j.2d~c - jc x2) j9d'9 - jc - j9d'9 - jc - j3d'3 - cs2

how is the 3c part possible, or is that 1c the one where she swings her claw while crouching backwards?

I can't say for certain, but I think if you time it right, you can get the first hit of 3c to connect and immediately cancel it into 2d. I've randomly done that while screwing up my inputs a few times, I'm pretty sure you can get it to red beat.

Lurch is right, 1st hit od 3C can be used to redbeat combo after 5D~B, but from what I recall it makes little difference between that and 5C pickup. Might be wrong on that though.

Lurch is right, 1st hit od 3C can be used to redbeat combo after 5D~B, but from what I recall it makes little difference between that and 5C pickup. Might be wrong on that though.

3C -> 2D~6 works on Litchi and Tsubaki while 5C -> 2D~6 doesn't (in a non-taunt situation). So it's a character specific combo to make some non-taunt combos work on characters like that.

Also, I said that single taunt being useful depends on if they force it to still be 110% bonus for the first taunt or not. Because otherwise every taunt will be 30% making it useless, or every taunt after the first will be useless if it still gives a bonus. We'll have to see.

I'm wondering, does 3C(1hit) > 2D6 has more leeway in terms of range then 22C > 2D6? If so then it is indeed useful,

Yeah, 22C's good because it prorates less than anything else, but it has range issues.

3C actually prorates more than 5C. But it has no range issues and works on those 2 chars.

Well it dont work on tsubaki that well i noticed, at the moment i still 5d'b whiff combo with her and hazama till i find somethin little better, at least thats more realiable

So XDest made a nice non TL video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3eYKAJi1I

And I've got some questions about it!

1. ch 6c ->236c[x2] ->2d6 ->j2d~c ->j2d5~a ->9d~5-> 6d~6 ->j.c ->...->9d~9 ->3d~3 ->236b ->3d~3->236b[x5] 18 hits 4781

How does that 236b ->3d~3->236b[x5] connect? After the 236b the 3d~3 just won't connect.

2. ch 5b-> 3c-> AB2(Activate) -> 6c-> 6c-> 6c-> 6c-> HJC7 ->j.236b[x5](3 hits)-> JC9 ->J.236b[x5] (3 hits)-> JC9 ->j.236b[x5] 18 hits

Can someone break this combo down for me? The whole thing is giving me trouble, I can't always combo the 3th and 4th 6c. And after that

my Taokaka will not always hit the enemy with 236b in the air (it kinda hits them while he's laying on the ground).

Thanks!

So XDest made a nice non TL video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI3eYKAJi1I

And I've got some questions about it!

1. ch 6c ->236c[x2] ->2d6 ->j2d~c ->j2d5~a ->9d~5-> 6d~6 ->j.c ->...->9d~9 ->3d~3 ->236b ->3d~3->236b[x5] 18 hits 4781

How does that 236b ->3d~3->236b[x5] connect? After the 236b the 3d~3 just won't connect.

Delay the first 3d~3. The 236b 3d~3 should always connect unless its a strange hitbox.

2. ch 5b-> 3c-> AB2(Activate) -> 6c-> 6c-> 6c-> 6c-> HJC7 ->j.236b[x5](3 hits)-> JC9 ->J.236b[x5] (3 hits)-> JC9 ->j.236b[x5] 18 hits

Can someone break this combo down for me? The whole thing is giving me trouble, I can't always combo the 3th and 4th 6c. And after that

my Taokaka will not always hit the enemy with 236b in the air (it kinda hits them while he's laying on the ground).

Thanks!

You're missing a 2b inbetween the 6c 6c and the 6c 6c

after weeks and weeks and hours of endless practice. I'm really starting to fully get her taunt combos down... and the enders lol. i can actually do her 3d3 j236b 3d3 j.236b ender oh my fucking gosh. I know most of you guys have been doing it for a while( i have only been playing her for 2 months), but man, i really love the fact that i got it down. Well, it's at about 60% of the time but hey, one day it just clicked, i swear... it was just like... i did it once and knew how to do after that. well, even though it's too late, because all this shit is changing or might be changing, i still feel good.. sorry for trolling off topic

after weeks and weeks and hours of endless practice. I'm really starting to fully get her taunt combos down... and the enders lol. i can actually do her 3d3 j236b 3d3 j.236b ender oh my fucking gosh. I know most of you guys have been doing it for a while( i have only been playing her for 2 months), but man, i really love the fact that i got it down. Well, it's at about 60% of the time but hey, one day it just clicked, i swear... it was just like... i did it once and knew how to do after that. well, even though it's too late, because all this shit is changing or might be changing, i still feel good.. sorry for trolling off topic

just in time for CS2 to take them out completely, yay! ^_^

well, it must have been a fluke that day... because, today i sure as hell can't do her cs2 loop lol

here's somethings, and also... fuck man, i don't know what the hell i was doing wrong for the cs2 ender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2MH4tlFF5w

this second video is actually me practicing tl by itself, you don't have to check it out, but it's just me doing TL OH Well, it's going to be gone anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzuBd1eWW-U

i have a few questions.

1. what is taos most damaging combo into her hexa edge, using normals only.. like 3c or 6c... what ever ?

2.tao has alot of enders but for the one's mid screen, non tauntloop is 2d6 j.2d~a 9d5 6d6 jc .... 9d9 3d3 j.236b the most reliable? because, on some characters the jc whiffs sometimes.

3. combos from her 6b, i don't really see any, is it because no one does them, or you guys only just combo into her distortion right afterward.

well, it must have been a fluke that day... because, today i sure as hell can't do her cs2 loop lol

here's somethings, and also... fuck man, i don't know what the hell i was doing wrong for the cs2 ender

Looked like u input the wrong command on the 2nd loop.

U should be using 2d in the air, not 5d.

try this method: press 2(D)36b

-you press 2d and slide to 36b all in one motion

the 3 reps will go like this: 2d36b -> 2d36b -> 2d36b

hope this helps

this second video is actually me practicing tl by itself, you don't have to check it out, but it's just me doing TL OH Well, it's going to be gone anyway.

Not only are you not 2ding after the second loop, but you're also not holding forward, and therefore tao keeps flying back, resulting in a dropped combo.

A technique that may remedy this (I say may because everyone plays differently), is to go to 2d~6 -> 236b -> 512d~36bbbbbb. Your motion in your "loop" is from what I see all entirely 3's and 6's. Thats not good. You need to make it slower, and you need to input the 2.

Also another factor is the angle you're holding your joystick/controller. It happens to me sometimes.

If you want I can just make a short video on how I do it

i have a few questions.

1. what is taos most damaging combo into her hexa edge, using normals only.. like 3c or 6c... what ever ?

2.tao has alot of enders but for the one's mid screen, non tauntloop is 2d6 j.2d~a 9d5 6d6 jc .... 9d9 3d3 j.236b the most reliable? because, on some characters the jc whiffs sometimes.

3. combos from her 6b, i don't really see any, is it because no one does them, or you guys only just combo into her distortion right afterward.

1. There is no reason you should be looking for highest damage potential for hexaedge, and instead, just look for moves gatling into hexaedge at all. This is because for the most part if you get a sweet hit with a possible high damage combo (eg. 6c CH), what would you rather do, TLx12 for 6k+ easy? or into Hexaedge for like 3k or something? The only reason I use hexaedge is- 1) Tao's only DP. Once she hits 50 meter she now has an OPTION to get out of pressure, and a fully finished hexaedge is a good oki position. 2)To finish the enemy off, with out worrying about them bursting. All super's and throw's (until the followup hit) is unburstable.

2. I dont understand the question you're looking for a tauntloop/non tauntloop... ender... not mid/only corner..? :v:

3. 6b CH goes into 5b combo's easy. 6b normal hit can hexaedge i think. I never really use it, because tao's mixup sucks. Instead, go into more pressure/mixup by 236b -> j.5d~b after or something creative.

Most of times, you do:

2D~6 -> j.C -> 9D~9 -> j.2D~C -> j.C -> .. -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5

or

2D~6 -> j.2D~C -> j.2D~C -> j.C -> .. 9D~9 -> j.C -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5 (this one doesn't work right against every character though)

Off 236CC, 3C, 2D or j.C/j.B CH->2D:

2D~6 -> j.2D~C -> j.2D~A -> 9D~5 -> 6D~6 -> j.C -> .. -> 9D~9 -> 3D~3 -> j.236B -> 3D~3 -> j.236Bx5

Hey there, i have found a new combo for litchi, haz and tsubaki, does work on everyone but there is better combos for everyone else, well here it is:

5b - 3c - 6d'6 - j2d'b - 5b - 2d'6 - j2d'c - jc - j9d'9 - j3d'3 - cs2: for 3382 damage,

its easy to do but hav not fully tested for bigger damage yet,

edit: after a couple of hours of testing i found a couple of things out, u can do the j2d'c twice to take it over 3500.

The other thing is if u start with 5c or 3c u can also add another j9d'9,

works on a counter hit 6b as well but not on a jc regretably, i hope this helps u all, and keep u updated if i find anything else

Yo, man, I can deal with this character. I have put so much time into this character and still struggle doing her combos. I can do some of the most complex one frame links in ssf4,so I know its not my execution but I struggle so much with this charcter. Most of her combos are character specific, and some starters you can't use on other characters and to make it worst, in the middle of her combos, her d cancel c and a are specific for hit confirmation with characters, that's just retarded. You can mash jab or dp through her mix ups, and man idk

She goes 5-5 with almost every character, and gets hit with two combos and gets killed by every charcter except tsubaki and hazama. You put in so much work, and have some pretty shitty, normals and no reversals to get people off you. I just don't get it man,...fukkkkkkk

Hey calm down dude, every chara mixup u can jus dp it, so bait it, hit them with fatal do big damage n continue, the execution is alot different from sf, she dont hav no reversal but she can get out of block strings, instant gaurd, air instant gaurd nd punish, its not that hard, and tao is not the only chara for chara specfic combos, all chara are like it jus the way it is dude

Yo, man, I can deal with this character. I have put so much time into this character and still struggle doing her combos. I can do some of the most complex one frame links in ssf4,so I know its not my execution but I struggle so much with this charcter. Most of her combos are character specific, and some starters you can't use on other characters and to make it worst, in the middle of her combos, her d cancel c and a are specific for hit confirmation with characters, that's just retarded. You can mash jab or dp through her mix ups, and man idk

She goes 5-5 with almost every character, and gets hit with two combos and gets killed by every charcter except tsubaki and hazama. You put in so much work, and have some pretty shitty, normals and no reversals to get people off you. I just don't get it man,...fukkkkkkk

Don't get down on yourself, two people have said things to me to keep maining this silly cat-

"You play one of the most execution heavy characters in the game. You have a perfectly good reason to have a hard time."

-Dacidbro

"Tao's number ONE priority is SPACING. If you cannot space correctly, your game has become twice as hard."

-TaoFTW

I've been playing Tao for a year and a half. It took me FOREVER to understand her game. It took me like a week to pick up Nu/Lambda :v:...

I highly suggest watching JP vids and high level American play. Dont het down on yourself for losing, look at me, the scrubbiest norcal player mains Tao, I lose all the time =w=. Try to instead, enjoy Tao, you will actually absorb more mid match experience ENJOYING the game rather than getting frustrated and going tryhard.

Hey calm down dude, every chara mixup u can jus dp it, so bait it, hit them with fatal do big damage n continue, the execution is alot different from sf, she dont hav no reversal but she can get out of block strings, instant gaurd, air instant gaurd nd punish, its not that hard, and tao is not the only chara for chara specfic combos, all chara are like it jus the way it is dude

i know, i haven't been playing with tao that long, maybe like 2 months consistently. for me to get tl, it has taking me a solid 3weeks to get it down, i dont' have it perfected but i can do it.

yeah, i just dont understand her drive cancels.I'm use to single inputs but it just seem like you can mash it out, or i really don't know.every game has character specific combos , but to have combos that are character specific in the middle of them, i just can't deal with having to adjust my timing for j.2d~c and a cancel combos it just seems a bit much. I mean, one frame links in street fighter, i can pretty much play one of heaviest execution specific characters in street fighter, not at the highest level but, i can do all of her shit. i know, it's different but it seems like, i have poor execution with tao, i just don't understand how her combos functions.

Don't get down on yourself, two people have said things to me to keep maining this silly cat-

"You play one of the most execution heavy characters in the game. You have a perfectly good reason to have a hard time."

-Dacidbro

"Tao's number ONE priority is SPACING. If you cannot space correctly, your game has become twice as hard."

-TaoFTW

I've been playing Tao for a year and a half. It took me FOREVER to understand her game. It took me like a week to pick up Nu/Lambda :v:...

I highly suggest watching JP vids and high level American play. Dont het down on yourself for losing, look at me, the scrubbiest norcal player mains Tao, I lose all the time =w=. Try to instead, enjoy Tao, you will actually absorb more mid match experience ENJOYING the game rather than getting frustrated and going tryhard.

i do, watch alot of japanese videos, sorry to sound like a weeboo but, i don't see any american tao's at all placing high in tournaments. i watch, keita, denpa, tsjuiwara, and kazu. I mean, they all play different. tsuiwara is more mix up and dmg, keita is very run away, get dmg and haul ass, denpa is just balls out rush down and keita is just a technical, get dmg from every possible angle. I just don't know how to use her drives effective, it just seems like, the players i play against, just need to do basic things, like this hazama player,nu, bang, and ragna bodies me.... i mean, i get my win after a while but still i have to work, so hard then i get it once, and die basically

i have poor execution with tao

You will eventually get use to tao if you keep at it. Tao is not an easy mode character.

In your first vid it did look like you were hitting buttons a little late.

Or maybe im just seeing things. :v:

Do you play on stick?