Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

i don't see any american tao's at all placing high in tournaments

i plan to change that in the next few months :kitty:

as for japanese players to watch, i would watch only tsujikawa and kazu. i'm not saying keita and denpa are bad, but i think that tsuji and kazu play a lot smarter and understand tao better. just my opinion though. and like everyone has been saying, don't get down on yourself. it took me about 3 months to get the taunt loop and i'm still not even close to understanding all of the character specific combos (F mu's hitbox). the best thing is to just keep playing, enjoy yourself, and learn from your matches. do you play in tournaments?

i plan to change that in the next few months :kitty:

as for japanese players to watch, i would watch only tsujikawa and kazu. i'm not saying keita and denpa are bad, but i think that tsuji and kazu play a lot smarter and understand tao better. just my opinion though. and like everyone has been saying, don't get down on yourself. it took me about 3 months to get the taunt loop and i'm still not even close to understanding all of the character specific combos (F mu's hitbox). the best thing is to just keep playing, enjoy yourself, and learn from your matches. do you play in tournaments?

no but the people, i play with do. My tao is too bad for tournament play. If, i suck in casuals then tournament play lol don't even ask lol .

You will eventually get use to tao if you keep at it. Tao is not an easy mode character.

In your first vid it did look like you were hitting buttons a little late.

Or maybe im just seeing things. :v:

Do you play on stick?

yeap, i play on stick... the only way to play fighters imo but there's some god like plaeyrs on bad.

@rin

if you could make a tutorial on how to do the 3d3 loop that would be perfect( also to show your hands ), then that would be cool as fuck. I hold the joystick in my pinky and ring finger, sort of like the wine glass method.

Hey i was jus curious if anyone had managed to try my combo and give me thier thoughts on it, works well against litchi, tsubaki, hazama. The 3 hardest to combo properly, comboo is:

5b - 3c - 5d'6 - j2d'b - 5b - 2d'6 - j2d'c - j2d'c - jc - j9d'9 - j3d'3 - cs2,

or if there is a way to tack more damage on it if possible

Wouldn't

5B->3C->6D~6->j.C->..->8D~A->2D~5->6D~6->j.C->9D~9->j.C->9D~9->..->3D~3->j.236Bx5 do more? I think it does around 3650, same as a double j.2D~C combo.

Ah ok then dude, i didnt know that one lol, i was jus messin around n found that out, well the good thing is with mine it crosses over mid combo, so if ur in the corner it will take the opp back to the corner, but thx for that one xdest ill give it a shot

yeap, i play on stick... the only way to play fighters imo but there's some god like plaeyrs on bad.

@rin

if you could make a tutorial on how to do the 3d3 loop that would be perfect( also to show your hands ), then that would be cool as fuck. I hold the joystick in my pinky and ring finger, sort of like the wine glass method.

Yeah, i can make a video tommorow. Its not going to be very elaborate and well thought out, its just gonna be the video's slapped together side by side. I'll do slomo though, I'm sure you'll appreciate that.

On the same note, the best way to practice it is TaoFTW's method -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MbAPkEVkUc#t=00m16s

When doing drive loops, such as 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> (j.c -> 5d~6) x3 -> j.a -> j.c -> j.c -> j.c -> j.236bbbb , are you suppose to time your j.c and 5ds or can/should you constantly mash one until the hit lands, then mash the next (so, j.c j.c j.c *hit* 5d 5d 5d 5d *hit* 6)?

I'm having trouble with these loops and for a while, mashing the button constantly until a hit is confirmed seemed to have helped a bit. But I wanna know how it's suppose to be done.

ありがとう〜 (arigatou)

22C fun lalala:

5B->6A->JC->2D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~A->8D~5->6D~6->j.C->...->9D~9->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236Bx5 (~3600 tauntless, 4000 1 taunt, ~4200 2 taunts)

*doesn't work using JC->5D~B 3:

j.C/j.B->5B->6A->JC->2D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~C->j.C->9D~9->j.C->9D~9->3D->j.236Bx5 (~3400 tauntless, ~3500 1 taunt)

*work using JC->5D~B, just do the 22C after the first taunt or taunt->214D->2D~B->22C, both work fine but without the 214D->2D~B you don't need to jump very high to do the 22C)

4B+C->214D->44->2D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~A->8D~5->6D~6->j.C->...->9D~9->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236Bx5 (3850 tauntless, ~4200 1 taunt, ~4300 2 taunts)

j.B+C->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~A->8D~5->6D~6->j.C->...->9D~9->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236Bx5 (3900 tauntless, ~4300 1 taunt, ~4400 2 taunts)

*use the tauntless version against Noel since the taunt doesn't hit her after the air grab

2C(FC)->6C->66->taunt->214D->2D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~A->8D~5->6D~6->j.C->...->9D~9->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236BBBBB (~5700, don't remember the others)

*I only really tested with only 1 taunt because you can't do 4 j.236B using more than 1 taunt...and 4 j.236B is fucking fun :3

Extra Note: If you use JC->5D~B taunt loop, you can use taunt->214D->2D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->j.C->9D~9->3D->j.236Bx5 as finisher instead of taunt->236CC->etc etc. The damage is almost the same as the 2D~B full taunt loop, maybe less 50 or 100 damage :P

Edit: forgot one combo

2D CH->j.4D~B->22C->2D~6->2D~C->2D~A->8D~5->6D~6->j.C->...->9D~9->3D->j.236B->3D->j.236Bx5 (4,6k tauntless, I don't remember the damage with 1 taunt...I think it was +5k...but it's easier to do without the taunt)

Hey i was jus curious if anyone had managed to try my combo and give me thier thoughts on it, works well against litchi, tsubaki, hazama. The 3 hardest to combo properly, comboo is:

5b - 3c - 5d'6 - j2d'b - 5b - 2d'6 - j2d'c - j2d'c - jc - j9d'9 - j3d'3 - cs2,

or if there is a way to tack more damage on it if possible

is this a corner combo only ?

No final its not corner only, on hazama on use the one j2d'c, man i hate his hit box

ok so, just omit one of the j2dc's ?

Also, i have a pretty dumb question. in combo enders can you do something like 236cc 2d6 jc 9d9 jc 9d9 j2dc jc 3d3 j.236bx5... it worked on hakumen

edit

it does 3266 . for some reason, i can land the j2dc every time but when i do something like, 236cc 2d6 j2dc jc ... i can barely ever land the j2dc it always seems like shes never wants to hit the person.

edit

it does 3266 . for some reason, i can land the j2dc every time but when i do something like, 236cc 2d6 j2dc jc ... i can barely ever land the j2dc it always seems like shes never wants to hit the person.

Delay the j.2d~c. You have to let Tao level with the opponent first. If they're too high though it'll never hit.

On that note I do have the visual tutorial vid footage for your tauntloop/cat2loop needs, but I've been slammed with this video for SCR right now I dont have time. I did it in both directions, AND on joystick and pad. So you can fully see it. It'll be up when I get time.

Also, i have a pretty dumb question. in combo enders can you do something like 236cc 2d6 jc 9d9 jc 9d9 j2dc jc 3d3 j.236bx5... it worked on hakumen

That shouldn't be possible. You can't do a c cancel after doing 9d~9 twice. I think it's possible j.2d without a cancel could work and let you hit j.c afterward, especially on Haku-men, since his hitbox is bigger/different than normal.

Delay the j.2d~c. You have to let Tao level with the opponent first. If they're too high though it'll never hit.

On that note I do have the visual tutorial vid footage for your tauntloop/cat2loop needs, but I've been slammed with this video for SCR right now I dont have time. I did it in both directions, AND on joystick and pad. So you can fully see it. It'll be up when I get time.

Thanks man, I really appreciate it, a lot. I really am glad the taos here are so helpful ;3

That shouldn't be possible. You can't do a c cancel after doing 9d~9 twice. I think it's possible j.2d without a cancel could work and let you hit j.c afterward, especially on Haku-men, since his hitbox is bigger/different than normal.

Try iit out yourself, it does work. From a raw 236cc 2d6 jc 9d9 jc 9d9 j2dc jc 3d3 j.236bx5. I was bored and trying shit out, it does 3266. I guess for noobs like me, its a place to start. Maybe I'm wrong but can anyone else, test it out? I promise you it worked on hakumen. I can make a video of me doing it, but I rather you guys try

I feel as though this has been answered before, but I didn't see it in the OP :/

j.c -> (j.a -> j.c)x2 and other such combos, am I suppose to be jumping between each j.c and j.a? I would think there'd be a "JC" if I was. Or am I suppose to only jump after the (j.a -> j.c) bit, then repeat? I'm having a difficult time understanding which to do ><

I don't even know why you are training such combo, I think nobody uses that combo since there are better and more pratical combos.

I think his question is how do JC's work in drive-less BnB's.

Yes, it literally looks like j.c JC j.a j.c JC j.a j.c. It does terrible damage though, and you cant even do a full cat2 ender off of it. But to make you understand JC timing better, try random stuff off of 5b 6a. A good one to understand JC timing is 5b -> 6a(2hits) -> JC -> j.b -> j.c -> JC -> j.a -> j.c -> JC -> j.c -> cat2.

In the end though if you want more damage with Tao you're gonna have to learn more intricate combo's. But if you're still new just mash dat stuff out :333

Question for the admins of this forum, im curious if this thread will be deleted after the patch comes out as the old combos will more than likely be non existent, so the information will be false, perhaps start a new sticky after

Has anyone tried that combo that I said earlier. I guess since it only does 3266. No one cares lmao . Thats chump change dmg lol. But I was wondering why iwas abel to do. 4 drive attacks and still get full dmg from her cs2

Has anyone tried that combo that I said earlier. I guess since it only does 3266. No one cares lmao . Thats chump change dmg lol. But I was wondering why iwas abel to do. 4 drive attacks and still get full dmg from her cs2

Nah...I tried but it's more easier to do 3C->5D~B->5C->236A or 3C->5D~6...and prorate doesn't affect CatSpirit 2 damage at all