Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

XDest

[CS1] Taokaka Combo and BnB Thread

np :3

Yeah people have been asking about cat2 loop, so hopefully this will be a help to all newbies who want to see what the loops look like.

I dont mean no offence but it seems pointless learning it now after all it will probably be taken out in cs2,

keyword probably. we don't know for sure, i mean, aslong as i'm learning something with tao, i'm happy. i mean, if they are changing everything, it would be point to practice anything realistically but hey... who knows what the future may hold

Well, I doubt they would drastically change Tao. After all, even with the changes from CT to CS, Tao kept a certain play style. Even if a certain BnB/combo gets removed, you'll still have a "feel" as to what Tao's combos will be. Now only if I could stop being lazy and buy some fresh new buttons for my broken stick, I'd actually be able to learn how to play.

I've read four loketests so far, and they're pretty damn ugly. I'm seriously hoping half of those changes won't be implemented. I really don't understand what was going through their minds when they thought of those changes.

Yeah most of the changes i doubt will stay in my opinion but we will have to wait and see, on anither not i was messin around in trainin the other day and noticed for 3c - 5d, u can wait for the 3c to finish after recovery and drive will still hit, now im not sure if its big chara only but the one change in the lokitest mentioned not able to cancel 3c so we still might be in luck,

Yeah most of the changes i doubt will stay in my opinion but we will have to wait and see, on anither not i was messin around in trainin the other day and noticed for 3c - 5d, u can wait for the 3c to finish after recovery and drive will still hit, now im not sure if its big chara only but the one change in the lokitest mentioned not able to cancel 3c so we still might be in luck,

you could just dash in and do 5b after 3c

For Tao's Challenge Mode #4 part 1 (5b -> 6a -> JC -> j.b -> j.c -> JC -> j.c -> JC -> j.c -> 236bbbbb) I'm having a difficult time getting to my third j.c (seems that I'm accidentally holding j.c or something because the training dummy [Ragna] keeps teching out) and even more frustrating, when I finally do get to the 236bbbbb, often times, the dummy simply slips out after a hit or two. He just drops.

Any suggestions or tips?

That combo is character specific i think. I think it works on bang but not ragna, tell me if I'm wrong. Sometimes after the second cat2 hit they'll slip out.

As for jump cancels you have to learn to

1)Not mash the JC's and j.c's

2) Tap each input, or else a charged j.c will screw it up

3) try the last JC a little slower

4) practice practice practice :3

Jus somethin to think bout, her changes in cs2 wont that affect the combo mode, so they will hav to change that as well right, so if they do that then will also be a start on learning new combos, give us an idea how tao works then,

Jus somethin to think bout, her changes in cs2 wont that affect the combo mode, so they will hav to change that as well right, so if they do that then will also be a start on learning new combos, give us an idea how tao works then,

what

i think he's trying to say that if they change tao's combos altogether, they'll also update her Challenge Mode so we'll get a basic feel of her new bnbs

@RinHara5ak Well, I've been able to pull it off with Ragna a few times, but perhaps those were just lucky breaks :/ I'll find out tonight if I have more luck with Bang. (And btw, your visual guide on Youtube is amazing!)

@Itzwiitard (If I'm understanding you correctly) Possibly... When are the new combos/version update/whatever's suppose to be happening suppose to hit consoles?

And thanks you everyone for the help

どうもありがとうみんなさんm(ー_ー)m

@DemiiPoet

Back when I first started, I had a ton of trouble with using Tao's challenge 4 pt1 combo. From my experience, it's character specific. I suggest that you learn challenge 4 pt2's combo(as it works on all characters), and apply it to starters such as 6C > 236CC and 3C > 5D~B > 5C. After about an hour or two of goofing around in training mode, I was able to pull that off pretty easily.

As for the opponent slipping out of the 3rd j.C and cat2, that's due to each character having a slightly different timing required to land it. As an example, you need to stall a tiny bit in order to land the 3rd j.C and cat2 on Jin (so that you end up being a bit lower than usual), while on Bang, you need to do it a bit earlier so that you're higher up. Just try to fool around in training mode, and you should get the timing down after a bit.

Random question but do you have to mash j236bbbbb really hard to get all the hits to connect? Sometimes it randomly doesn't work.

EDIT: never mind I just suck

You just have to time it so that it comes out as soon as possible (usually after the drive cancel). Half-assed timing gives you half-assed results. :v:

Suggestions for hitconfirming? I know it's sort of variable, but is there some general things I should be doing?

Hitconfirming tips!

2d~5 as an anti-air will allow you to follow up with j.5d~6 -> air combo on hit, j.4d~b -> 5k+ damage taunt loop on ch, or stay safe on block.

j.b/j.c cause a ton of hitstun. you can dash after a max range j.c and still have enough time to combo.

you have an eternity to hitconfirm super after a 6b. Or link a 5b on certain characters.

Suggestions for hitconfirming? I know it's sort of variable, but is there some general things I should be doing?

on ground if you hitconfirm off 5B always go for 6A > TL/taunt combo if the opponent is standing

if you 5C at max distance follow with 2C > drive , if you caught the opponent in CH you can even ~B cancel the drive into TL, or RC and go 3C > combo. Else just ~A/~C cancel to keep up the pressure.

if you hitconfirm a 3C near the corner you can go for TL > okizeme ender/AB2 ender if you have meter

off air to air j.C close to the ground you can follow up with a 6C, else just follow with 5D~6 > j.C > [wait] > your string of choice (also depending on character)

off antiair 2D again it depends on your positioning. If the enemy is right above you and close to the ground you can ~A cancel and follow with 6C, else follow with 5D~6 combo. Or you can do what Tsujikawa does and just and go for 3D~3 > cat2 loop asap by keeping the air string as short as possible while staying as closer to the ground as possible. Though it doesn't grant real okizeme/pressure you'll be on the opponent's face and as their teching near the ground.

Same thing for hitconfirmed antiair 6A: the damage is not really that great so it's better to setup your offense after that than trying to maximize poor damage (unless going for the killing blow) and go for cat2 loop as soon as you're in the air. You can also mess up with the opponent with j.aa > grab / j.a grab whatever (this is an other thing that Tsujikawa often does to fetch for throw counters).

If you land a j.A with both you and opponent close to the ground (with Tao being slightly above) you can 6A right after or even 5AA > 6A as you land, after that you can j.A again/airthrow/combo depending on what the opponent is doing. You basically take advantage of the little stun that j.A gives to make the opponent guess on what to do as he's landing (barrier? try to tech a possible airthrow or making them scared to do that in case of throw reject setups).

Generally speaking if you hitconfirm off not-so-great normals it's always good to try to setup better ones right after. 2B > throw, 6B > (link) 5B, etc. But again, it's really variable depending also on what the matchups is.

Still extremely terrible with Tao and have a(nother) question about drive loops:

With 4b+c -> 236cc -> 2d~9 -> j.c -> 9d -> j.c -> 9d -> 236bbbb, are the 9d's suppose to be hitting or just the j.c's?

Try 4B+C->(214D->44->2D~B->taunt)->236CC->2D~9->2D~C->j.C->9D->3D->236Bx5, and the 9d's are supposed to be hitting.

Still extremely terrible with Tao

I think with all the drive cancels and what not its a little step above what he's looking for. the 9d's and j.c's are hitting after each other.

Its not CT though, so it'll look like 4b+c -> 236cc -> 2d~9 -> j.c -> 9d -> j.c -> 9d -> ... -> 2d~6 -> 236bbbbb. If you can do that then you understand drive loops.