Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndOfDreamz

[CS1] Lambda Video Thread

Does anyone have vids of the Taiwan Lambda Player, Azu?

I watched his stuff (could only find 3 of him) and I find him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun to watch than Minori's. It actually made me think how stiff his is compared to this guys. Would love to watch more vids of this guy, I think he's the Lambda I wanna base my play off of

more offensive orientated can looked fun but not ideal if we look at risk and returns.... lets see where SBO this years goes since there hasn't been a foreign team that has pass the first rounds of SBO yet to my knowledge.

I know. I'm not saying he's necessarily better than Minori. He's really fun to watch and was Taiwan's SBO representative.

I think Inoue played a unique Nu, I can believe AZU can with Lambda as well, very different from the others I've seen, by far

more offensive orientated can looked fun but not ideal if we look at risk and returns.... lets see where SBO this years goes since there hasn't been a foreign team that has pass the first rounds of SBO yet to my knowledge.

The Taiwan representative (a Nu player) made it to 3rd round at SBO last year.

edit: wait, that WAS Azu, lol.

The Taiwan representative (a Nu player) made it to 3rd round at SBO last year.

edit: wait, that WAS Azu, lol.

Well, then his agressive Nu/Lambda is totally viable. Inoue himself was aggressive hell too, he abused the shit out of spike chasers

After how aggressive I've gotten with Nu and corner raping the shit out of players, I sure as hell tend to play a rush down Lambda, I'm almost beginning to think 2B is my most used move by Nu right now :v:

I know I'm just a net scrub player, but it's working really well for me, I'm beginning to use Nu's standing drive attacks less and less, hoping to make a good transition to Lambda

I know I'm just a net scrub player, but it's working really well for me, I'm beginning to use Nu's standing drive attacks less and less, hoping to make a good transition to Lambda

i'd be funny if they rebalanced her to have linkable standing drives and a shorter backswing.. :yaaay: that would make me happy.

I hope they leave Lambda alone for the console release, she's possibly the most balanced character in CS now

of course, but once they change other people around, she won't be any more. at the very least, remove the gravity timer. so much fun was had in CT by extending combos with gravity.

I sorta agree with Arcade Fire. Well okay, I don't sorta agree. I totally agree :v:

I think that a rushdown Lambda is totally viable. She has just about all the makings of a good rushdown, it's just risky, really. But risky can be good. Risky means that not everyone in the world will be doing it, so it will be hella more difficult to predict. Anyone who's fought a Nu more than twice is going to know how to approach through swords. The same principle is going to apply even moreso with Lambda. We know that she's less sword-focused. So taking it a step further and playing her aggressively is not really all that far fetched.

And besides, it is more fun to watch :p

of course, but once they change other people around, she won't be any more. at the very least, remove the gravity timer. so much fun was had in CT by extending combos with gravity.

But that would make her untouchable given how invulnerable she is when using that move.

But that would make her untouchable given how invulnerable she is when using that move.

It's like, -20 on block, so it's punishable as hell.

Probably better to avoid wakeup DPs unless you have 50 heat, that shit looks too scary.

I am looking foward to being able to DP in people's blockstrings though

Gravity needs the timer, everyone would just gravity well>214D>repeat>guard break>repeat

How about turn her CA into an Act Parser that teleports through the enemy at full invincibility. I would prefer to have an escape tool than a tool that knocks them out of pressure some of the time.

How about turn her CA into an Act Parser that teleports through the enemy at full invincibility. I would prefer to have an escape tool than a tool that knocks them out of pressure some of the time.

No, that was one of the hugest complains about her in CT, the whole, "what the fuck, I cornered her, now she can escape!" They're kinda right, learn to fucking block, she has a dp so we can use that on assholes who do predictable strings we had trouble getting out of :v:

Besides, if you got rid of her CA she would have to be completely remade since all her good shit comes from it. Besides, they're good pressure tools, they just can't be used idiotically. We don't need assholes teleporting and doing 3Cs all day, that shits annoying. Be happy, Lambda's no longer a scrub character, she's actually going to take some thinking and a little techicality with her TKs and TK feints

Giving her a runaway teleport would encourage more running away and zoning, they didn't want her to be another Rachel in CS.

No, that was one of the hugest complains about her in CT, the whole, "what the fuck, I cornered her, now she can escape!" They're kinda right, learn to fucking block, she has a dp so we can use that on assholes who do predictable strings we had trouble getting out of :v:

Besides, if you got rid of her CA she would have to be completely remade since all her good shit comes from it. Besides, they're good pressure tools, they just can't be used idiotically. We don't need assholes teleporting and doing 3Cs all day, that shits annoying. Be happy, Lambda's no longer a scrub character, she's actually going to take some thinking and a little techicality with her TKs and TK feints

Giving her a runaway teleport would encourage more running away and zoning, they didn't want her to be another Rachel in CS.

I'm just trying to comprehend this.... But the idea was suggesting turning her CA into an act pulsar of CT which is the same as noel teleport CA. This doesn't mean its spam-able since you would need 50% heat which lambda burns often to get her BnB off..

CA assault is an escape method which everyone has it doesn't change the idea behind it.

I'm just trying to comprehend this.... But the idea was suggesting turning her CA into an act pulsar of CT which is the same as noel teleport CA. This doesn't mean its spam-able since you would need 50% heat which lambda burns often to get her BnB off..

CA assault is an escape method which everyone has it doesn't change the idea behind it.

OHHHHHHHHHH. Counter Assault/dead angles. I thought he meant her Zwei attacks, for some reason, I'm not sure how I got the names confused.

I do have to agree, Nu/Lambda's CA is pretty garbage

I spent an hour typing up a rebuttal only to find out it was all a misunderstanding... lol.

Anyway, everyone else is dead set against any other type of buff to her for console release- and after fighting some actual people this past weekend, I'm fine with those other techs not getting buffs (except I want a jump cancellable 4D on hit). If they change her Counter Assault, it probably won't be better, but it will give her breathing room against the faster characters like Bang and Tao.

O_o? Nu's CA has always been one of the better ones, imo.

meh, imo, the simple "hit him away" CA's are the worst ones, since the ones that dont have that kind of CA get to combo off them, like arakune's throw, haku's counter slap, and noel's dodge.

as for her dp, i think its perfectly fine the way it is. True, the meter is annoying, but taking into consideration it has more uses and combo possiblity than the other dps balance for it.

Surprised no-one has mentioned Calamity Sword as a wakeup move yet. Do people only save it for when you can RC the fatal counter?

Nah, Mac, her CA is really garbage. I've used it in tight situations, only to have tiny little leg mix because someone jump cancelled their blockstrings to avoid it.

Arakune's got a pretty overpowered CA (as far as they go). In the online tournament I had against Ryo, I was crushing him pretty bad round 1, nearly going for the perfect. I went up to him for an attack and he did his dead angle, then did a distortion into it, then cursed me from the distortion and made a full comeback from being cursed by something that was kinda almost unavoidable.

Noel gets a chance to punish big time if the person is stuck in a blockstring (with Nu, you had to bait them with a single 5D or get fucked).

Nu's DP is pretty sweet though, considering it's a DP the damage is pretty nice. Doesn't seem as punishable either.

I'm gonna be cautious as hell to use those things on wakeup unless I have 50 heat to blow though, I'm most excited to use it in people who keep continuing their pressure strings

Wakeup calamity sword isn't that great. You can still get hit from it. I've also had someone nearly in mid attack for oki not get hit by it. I think it's not too great, and way too risky in CT.

I know I'VE had some mirror matches where I was practically pressing 2B and managed to avoid the wakeup calamity.

^^ /\'s dp is so punishable. i've probably seen it whiff more than hit.

Thats more likely due to its lack of hit box.... its is more likely to whiff on far pokes.. With that sad its a good Dp vs attacks that are forward moving which shifts hit box forward.. its something you learn when you're confident enough.. for now just DP all of noel D strings...

Arakune's got a pretty overpowered CA (as far as they go). In the online tournament I had against Ryo, I was crushing him pretty bad round 1, nearly going for the perfect. I went up to him for an attack and he did his dead angle, then did a distortion into it, then cursed me from the distortion and made a full comeback from being cursed by something that was kinda almost unavoidable.

to me that is more broken than OP since its giving him a free curse method even though it uses 100% people shouldn't have to bait it... and its more funny being chip to 0 health than dying to bugs from random places.