Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndOfDreamz

[CS1] Lambda Video Thread

Pretty good. Is this a tourney in Taiwan? EDIT- that Rachel player is Madao, right? Fucking sick, up there with Matsu.

Those Rachel/Lambda matches were definitely entertaining :P

That lambda does lots of j.2dd -> j.214dc -> j.2dd

That's not the best part.

It's how he plans his IAD's to always put him in position.

0-0 wtf?! 214d mid combo?!

4dd -> 236236d -> (Dash to corner) -> 6c -> 214d -> 2dd -> 6c ~>>>

Those 5a -> 6a -> 2147d's are great entrances to loops after ??? -> 2c -> j.c -> j.2c 214d's..

Minori is unbelievable for sure. Lol..

Is it just me or does it seem like no one knows how to quick wake-up? I noticed it extensively in that Taiwan video. I see the majority of people bounce and seldom use roll. Not that it's extremely useful or has any invincibility (except for grab) over the other ways, but the animation does end faster than the other ones. Everyone just about expects bounce wake-up and times an attack accordingly based on the white flash and sound. More often than not, I quick wake-up and catch someone off guard and cause a complete reversal. People not doing it means no one expects it. There are counters that apply to quick wake-up, but fail against bounce or roll; this applies to the vice-versa. People need to mix it up and stop being predictable. Edit: Yes, I do mean 2A/B/C. The Ragna in the videos does a couple of 2A/B/C and successfully catches Jin off guard. It's gimmicky and not too useful, but it has its moments and surprises a single track mind.

Quick wakeup, I'm assuming you mean 2A/B/C once knocked down. It's hard to judge it useful in a lot of matches. It's also really dependent on how your opponent fights. If they rush at your corpse and don't do low attacks, use it. If they're a 2B happy Ragna, I wouldn't recommend using it. I don't use it against Ragna and Haku specifically, but others, it'll be player experience dependent. Quick wake up is basically a gimmick, and we all know how much everyone here on the Nu forums hates gimmicks.

It's character specific and has stricter timing, I also managed to do it on Noel but haven't checked the others. It does around 600-700 more damage which is really nice.

Your previous moderator going at it in the last SVGL Ranbat I recorded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95FlgF0yU5A

A couple things that were pretty interesting. He taught me a gimmick in which if you do your 236236d special, you can Cavelier twice, and get the perfect spacing for the next combo. You can see him do it at 2:15

0:31 He does his RC -> drop -> air dash -> drop -> j.c -> 5c combo. I never had a full video of it, now you see it! :333 :yaaay:

I know there's a bunch of Lambda videos in General, but I think we're getting a little too lazy to post them here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW3LcyKIsL4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpC2hV91pPQ

There are a lot more on kouhatsu's Channel and from General so I'll post more up sometime tomorrow if someone doesn't beat me to it.

minori's actually gotten sloppy as of late. he's still miles better than most other /\s, but he used to be more ruthless. like his first set against shadow, he could have put him away a good number of times, but he dropped combos and used the wrong sword multiple times.

Does anyone have vids of the Taiwan Lambda Player, Azu?

I watched his stuff (could only find 3 of him) and I find him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more fun to watch than Minori's. It actually made me think how stiff his is compared to this guys. Would love to watch more vids of this guy, I think he's the Lambda I wanna base my play off of