Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EndOfDreamz

[CS1] Lambda Video Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IDudYgXtjc&playnext_from=TL&videos=BLCkX9mQAao&feature=sub

i just got finished watching this vid and i though of you guys and i posted this vid here and i see that severin beat me to it i guess very good lamabda, however horrible jin player in vid though

I still want more videos of aggressive Lambda players, especially Azu.

I've decided while Minori is great, he's boring as hell to watch and I don't want to play like him.

I really liked how goro played, good mixture of range and close range, sick lambda, especially the one comeback against a ragna player... really good stuff

Oh, thanks, Severin, I'll check them out tomorrow when I'm not so exhausted. Just stopped playing BB in player room with XDest and Chance Wizard, we played for over 6 hours

I enjoyed Reria's fights against the Hakumen and Hazama, saved that to favorites. She plays a simple but aggressive Lambda. I like it.

Man though, she looked really helpless in that Tao fight. Has the absence of 2C really made that matchup hard for her now or what? Xdest was telling me that Tao's drives are pretty safe now. It was wierd that Reria didn't do any dps but she did the super DP three or four times (none of which worked). That move is insanely garbage. I used it a few times last night and none of them landed despite my opponents throwing shit out while I was knocked down, it's too slow to really work as a dp.

I have a question. I saw Reria doing 5C for oki pressure. Does Lambda's 2B>2C>j.c>j.2C>j.214D not work anymore on opponents who didn't tech off the floor? I hope it is, I really try to abuse that

2C has been slowed down dramatically. 2B > 2C no longer combos, except on counter hit.

I knew 2C was dramatically slowed down. It's depressing that Lambda can't punish opponents for not teching quick enough now though. I liked scooping opponents up with 2B if they didn't tech fast enough from the floor

I would like to see 2B combo into 5B, but they'd prefer it to gatling into 6B just like 5BB... I wish they would take out that gatling- nothing's wrong with punishing people who don't tech into a corner loop.

I would like to see 2B combo into 5B, but they'd prefer it to gatling into 6B just like 5BB... I wish they would take out that gatling- nothing's wrong with punishing people who don't tech into a corner loop.

5b does pick up some of the cast e.g. ragna.. but to get them into a corner situation is rather rare. beside that on non tech opponents just charge her 214d and break some primers.

Someone needs to post some shit in here. Type in Blazblue Lambda on youtube, almost every video is the fucking same matchup, lambda v carl or lambda v Hakumen. Carl v Lambda is boring as hell, that matchup involves turtling on both opponents

Eck, I'm sure someone will bite me in the ass for saying this, but I thought that Lambda kinda sucked, Kabookie. He looks like he thinks Lambda is Nu. He never tried to close gaps unless he thought cavalier attacks would work. Pretty shitty Lambda, if you're gonna idolize safe Lambda's let it be Minori

The point is: his opponents sucked more. Inconsistent Barrier usages (not enough/too much) and reckless defenses.

Here's a pretty good and recent match:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDP6QQDCqOA (2nd Match)

It makes me sad to see Lambda fail because Bang's Barrier recharged to 51% (and gave him another Primer scapegoat). Under any other circumstances, his Primers would have broke and he would have lost. Props though.

Yeah, Kenja, I agree, the Lambda's opponents were even worse than him. I hope he's not a pro player, because I feel like I almost could play better than him without ever playing CS.

I have a question with this new Bang matchup. In CT I've been able to rush down Bangs pretty hard when I'm not under pressure and without relying on 2C (except for blockstrings)...why and how is this different in CS?/

Urg, actually that vid you posted answered some of my questions, Kenja. Bang throwing a jab, Lambda bursting and Bang blocking it was so fucking stupid.

Once Bang has heat can Lambda even keep pressure with zoning? It almost seems like the threat of Daifunka completely eliminates trying to go for any cavalier, 4DD or spike chasers if the 5DD is blocked. j.2DD even has to be cautious. Along with that she can't afford to grab him with since Bang's wakeup 5A beats her grab. She can't keep any close up pressure since Daifunka/super is so fucking stupid. I think Bang can even super through her blockstring if she tries to go for the TK/TK feint

And for Bangs who are drive happy, how would I go about punishing them if they tried to counter Lambda's 5DD>214D in a blockstring?

Yeah, Kenja, I agree, the Lambda's opponents were even worse than him. I hope he's not a pro player, because I feel like I almost could play better than him without ever playing CS.

I have a question with this new Bang matchup. In CT I've been able to rush down Bangs pretty hard when I'm not under pressure and without relying on 2C (except for blockstrings)...why and how is this different in CS?/

I think you can answer your own question here... but I'll help you get started...

Why were you able to rush down Bang (or almost any character) in the first place?

What were the changes from Nu to Lambda?

How did Bang change between versions?

I'm probably not as good as that Lambda because I haven't taken the time to learn those combos, my TKs suck and I haven't learned what works and doesn't work at which times (do I cavalier after THIS 5D?). Practicing against AI is discouraging as well as people who don't know how to block in the air or 214D on wakeup.

I've taken training mode in CT for granted... but I can't wait for challenge mode.

lol @ Goro being a shitty Lambda.

If a Lambda doesn't rush the opponent down with fancy TK Crescent Feint mix-ups, he's obviously not good.

lol Arcade, I usually don't have a problem with you, but sometimes I find your arrogance highly amusing.

I'll try and answer arcade's question. I don't play lambda so plz correct me if I'm wrong.

The problem is lambda is not as fast as Nu. The recovery on everything Nu does, melee and range, is flawless. She can whiff attacks and the opponent can't punish cause she'll either recover fast enough to block or even counterhit her opponent's attempt to punish. Her already godlike melee/range attacks are made even better with her backdash and get out of jail act pulsar that gets her out of corners. Not the same with Lambda.

Nu's melee and range attacks also come out very fast. Her melee attacks are almost on par with CT rachel, as in they are almost humanly impossible to react to accordingly. And even if you IB, you still can't punish her, just like rachel. Not the same with lambda.

The reason why you don't see many lambdas just rushing down all the time is because you can actually react to her melee attacks now, can actually punish her if she whiffs, she has no backdash to escape pressure, no act pulsaring through opponents once they get you in the corner, 2C isn't the answer to everything, etc.

Lambda's want to rush down, but they also want to keep you at a distance. The last thing they want is to be cornered cause that means death in most instances. Trying to rush down only as lambda will get you killed once you start playing opponents that know what they're doing and how she works.

In CT Nu can do what ever she wants to whoever she wants. Now lambda has to actually play matchups differently. This time, trying to rush down most of the cast, especially characters like tager, bang, carl, litchi, ragna, etc all the time will almost always result in a loss. The damage they'll deal from counter hitting her during her rushdown and the pressure they'll apply after is greater than the damage she'll deal during her rushdown. So the risk vs reward is not in her favor. You have to mix in rushdown with zoning, with your primary focus being on zoning.

That's also why lambda has the best guard breaking ability. It forces her opponent to actually have to do something, other than just get a life lead and run away. Her rushdown is just a complement to it. As in, "If the opponent gets close she isn't completely useless" kinda thing.

Trying to rush down too much will get you killed. Trying to zone too much will have the same effect. She's a rushdown/zoning hybrid, like rachel. Trying to win with only one of her strengths against competent opponents isn't going to work. Her melee attacks are actually punishable now.