Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RedBeard

[AC] Johnny AC Discussion

Is the OD triggered right in the middle of the dash or at the end ? Meaning at the apex of his leap, he suddenly stick back to the ground thanks to the OD animation ?

middle

Okay, thanks again. Unable to practice yesterday, I'll try again later. Though the question was kind of scrubby and the answer obvious, I just wanted to double check. :psyduck: To be sure I grasped the theory, I'll also try to jump cancel the dash into ground based moves such as : - dash > JC > MF or - dash > JC > coin It should be easier to perform.

Yup, it should work on #R too since it does not involve AC mechanisms. If you plan to do that online though, the lag may hinder you from successfully doing it. At least, I heard about some lag and assumed there is, I never played GGXX#R online myself.

I've done the slayer one using 6k when he does BBU

I read a few stuffs about dash ensenga or OD. The command looks hard. Is doing it that way faster than doing just dash - ensenga or dash - OD?

If you're fast enough to do it as 66321469HS, or 66412369HS, then go for it. Just so that we are clear on what this should look like, it's mid hop Johnny busts these moves out. Not: hop, finish hop, do move.

Hello community, I had a question. I've recently bought AC and found out that the CPU manages to pull off insane 20 air combo( and ground combos) with johnny but even with about 2yrs of playing with him the strongest I can pull off is about 10 on a good day. Is it that the CPU is just too precise or is it that I may be over looking something. I would appreciate if some veterans would give me some advice to make my game better. Thanx and take care all! Isaac

I've never seen CPU Johnny do anything above 15hits, but then again I don't fight the CPU much at all. In any case, make sure you are teching correctly. copy&paste:

When you are able to tech, you can tech:

Forward Tech; 6+Any button, but Dust

Backward Tech; 4+Any button, but Dust

Neutral Tech; Any button, but Dust

You are able to For/Backward Tech before you are able to Neutral Tech.

Like Chomite mentioned, if you ever see the beat counter go black, that means you missed an opportunity to escape the combo.

Ok thanks, i will see if that works cause i think that's my last step in mastering johnny is his geetting out of combos and perform ing them myself. He seems to be more difficult than most to pull off very professional combos with, especially with AC. Thankz again ^_^

I remember someone asking on how to do the fastest possible MC, and then I also, just, remembered that you don't have to hold down Punch, Kick or Slash. You can just do whatever, buffer in the 236P, then time a tap on HS and it will cancel it before the Mist Finer is released. I think, so long as you don't get a Mist Finer, you're getting the fastest MC you can get. After my finals, I'll see if I can figure out a way to test this out, without include a whole bunch of extraneous variables. If anything, you can atleast use this method to practice faster MC, and use the hold method when playing.

Oh just little tip for guys who didn't know...the fastest Mist Cancel can be identified by whether you can see the mist levels above your tension bar. If done correctly, you shouldn't see what is the lv of mist finer.

is there a list of char that can be crossed-up on wakeup? i tried doing it on testament the other day and it doesnt seem to work at all.

crossed up with what? and from what setup? Anyways, I've been able to do iad.S crossups on the whole cast. Provided they are standing. Some short/thin chars like ABA and Millia you have to be very tight with your timing/spacing.

2d mc into dash jump k, s. the k is used to time the slash to be cross up. i can do this on anji and slayer but i cant do it on axl nor on testament.

I'm doing it fine. Are you taking into account the different wakeup speeds? Slayer and Anji have similar face-down wakeup speeds, while Testament's is a few frames slower.

nope. can u give me some suggestion to take into account of the slower wakeup speed beside delaying dash jump? ;D

I guess if you don't want to delay your dash jump, you can just slow down your MC a little bit.

lo its hard to try mist canceling slower i have opted to learn the delay timing on the dash jumps. thanks! anyone have the following JO vids? i saw them on youtube but i want to download the original pretender この子の七つのお祝いに piratenmeer noname fly away thanks!!

yeah I got them all.

I can up them somewhere. Any particular place you prefer? Megaupload, rapidshare, etc?

I've upped them to here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/8nuh4j

if sendspace doesn't work for you, we can work something else out.