Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Biscuits

New York City Thread #1582048

Were you the random person walking around campus in a Team Sp00ky shirt?

Nope, but I should get one, lol

CF *IS* closing, val popped off without knowing. He even said with Derrick tomorrow is the last day. CF is not moving to williamsburgh, it would move to East New York to American Hero which closes at 8 for a reason and not because of peoples bedtimes..

Henry talked about if the court hearing doesn't work out he'd open his own establishment with tea and all. SO IF YOU WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO CF GO TODAY OR TOMORROW!

What court hearing?

Damn, I was going to go Saturday one last time before I head out to a concert I have tickets to. I don't think I'll be able to make it today, and to make it gloomier, it's all rainy.

CF officially closed down today, stay free you non-believers I blame you as much as the DDR kids that break GG. :p

looking 4 tournys, meet ups, and what not in 3 games in NYC/Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx area.

Melty Blood Actress Again

Arcana Heart 3

Guilty Gear Accent Core

just throwing that out there again.

Looking for venues.

And I have this thing called work now so I can't even do the looking so much :(.

Guard Crush was going to do theirs at The Cube Lounge in Queens before they cancelled for whatever reason. Was there a problem with that venue? Too far? I know a guy who works there is why I'm asking, if they were down for Guard Crush they will probably be down for us

56-06 Marathon Parkway

Douglaston, NY 11363

That's accessible by bus/train for the most part right? Nyuckas are broke these days ;_;

tbh i have no idea but there must be buses at least

For those of us not in deep Queens, it was REALLY far out. Like further than LI further.

Guard Crush was going to do theirs at The Cube Lounge in Queens before they cancelled for whatever reason. Was there a problem with that venue? Too far? I know a guy who works there is why I'm asking, if they were down for Guard Crush they will probably be down for us

56-06 Marathon Parkway

Douglaston, NY 11363

Because that place was super deep. If the venue is not within 30 feet of their bedroom and totally free (venue fees) people won't show up. Everything has to be super convenient for this new breed of unemployed players. Any travel that requires the transfer of more then one train you are looking at a serious drop in turnout.

Kinda the sad state of things nowadays.

i know 4 me, that if there isn't a train station/stop reasonably near the venue, then i ain't going.

What's up with this bullshit venue fee EVERY FUCKING TOURNAMENT seems to have? I understand for large tourneys in hotels but in a fucking store? Eat shit.

like i said before, i'm cool with bronx,manhattan,brooklyn,queens....i.e.,if its(venue location) is on a nyc MTA train stop/station map....i can go.

nj, upstate, l.island,staten island...

then hell no i can't make it.

no car.

and i ain't a journeying over hills and down valleys like if i'm lurking 4 the holy fucking grail.

you can get almost anywhere in NY via MTA transit. even long island iirc?

Long Island you need to the take the LIRR which has transfers from certain subway locations (such as Atlantic Ave and Penn Station).

But you still need to get about a 7 dollar ticket.

And Booty it was REALLY far out for me. Sheepshead Bay Holla BK Lee :P.

But Razor's post made me throw up on the inside. How the hell is a venue going to you know...make money?

Oh and NY thread shoutout to TD taking 2nd at Winter Brawl.

l thought we went through this already during the snowstorm. NYers are stingy, trash-talking bitches.

we know.

@dai, thanks <3

Wow NYC niggas is hella stingy. Niggas really expect no venue fees?

I use my allowance to pay my venues -_-

And TD, congratz!

Shoutout to Nerdjosh and team spooky for mahvel!

I use my allowance to pay my venues -_-

"Allowance". I haven't had one of those since I was sixteen and landed my first job.

Holy shit Maho, I feel old. Please stop dating yourself.

If it makes you feel better, I had an allowance up to last week.

Dai i think this place might be good.

http://www.brooklynlaunchpad.org/

I haven't had a chance to check it out but they do have a "gaming" night which might mean they have CRT's at the location. I'll try and give them a call this week maybe i can check it out by this weekend or some shit.

Or if anyone is around that area stop in a ask.

"the arts, community programs, technology, and anything else that captures the imagination."

All 4 seem to fit the bill lol.

What? When you play Venom it becomes Art, I swear.

^ 10 miles closer to me than gamepad was. i'm down lol.