Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Biscuits

New York City Thread #1582048

We'll see.

So here's some interesting news....apparently Gamepad is closing in a couple of weeks.....yeah....

NY Venue ideas?

Well, this is quite a predicament. If I had some investment capital I'd definitely rent a small venue, but being I don't have said money, the ny community will need to figure something out, cause I still need to level up in gg and lack of gatherings is not good:kitty:

Well, this is quite a predicament. If I had some investment capital I'd definitely rent a small venue, but being I don't have said money, the ny community will need to figure something out, cause I still need to level up in gg and lack of gatherings is not good:kitty:

They are selling. I'm trying to investigate the matter further. Sadly I was too shocked and sick to further detail and today is freaking Thanksgiving so I gotta wait on that.

According to BC on SRK, the owners are moving to Florida or something like that. They're trying to sell the place, but yeah - it's a video game store and idk how successful it is, so it's possible that it'll be bought for real estate and close down. Though it's also possible that it'll just have new owners. No solid info yet.

LOl @ mahouko aracana heart full is easy modo to learn... no need to go in to the lab for more than an hour... GG's and thanks for coming...

if any one wants to drop by on this monday or wednesday PM me and you can..

Oh you mean AH3?

No word on another venue yet guys. IMO i would go to Kings Games. They have a large space with setups (from what I've seen on the website). I'm not sure what the situation is there seeing as i haven't spoken to them but this would be the best bet. Other then that we were gonna try 8 Bit and Up. But according to Mike and a couple of other people this venue is very small and would HAVE to have a 32 man cap because of space issues.

We cannot move Guard Crush there (Kings Games) unfortunately because of issues between Mike and one of the "managers" in the past.

No word on another venue yet guys. IMO i would go to Kings Games. They have a large space with setups (from what I've seen on the website). I'm not sure what the situation is there seeing as i haven't spoken to them but this would be the best bet. Other then that we were gonna try 8 Bit and Up. But according to Mike and a couple of other people this venue is very small and would HAVE to have a 32 man cap because of space issues.

We cannot move Guard Crush there (Kings Games) unfortunately because of issues between Mike and one of the "managers" in the past.

KG is odd in regards to this. Let's just say they're far more suited and more willing for Card games than fighters.

BFA was mostly ran there because Empire has connections to the owner. I heard Mike heard about something in Williamsburg? least that's what Triforce told me yesterday.

Yeah, King's Games is decent sized but pretty much is all card games all the way. Went to a few FNM there back in the day.

oh man, I cant wait to see you guys/nj tearing it up at NEC. RIP THOSE WEST COAST GUYS IN HALF!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck is going from WC not named Z0ng?

In anime that is.

ok im trying to also look up some areas where we can host future bi-weeklies and im not to sure about this one. I will see if i can check it out sometime, but the place is called Press Start Video Game Arena. Sadly it has no reviews but i will try to look it up as soon as possible.

also quick question, is the triforce guy triforce johnson?

ok im trying to also look up some areas where we can host future bi-weeklies and im not to sure about this one. I will see if i can check it out sometime, but the place is called Press Start Video Game Arena. Sadly it has no reviews but i will try to look it up as soon as possible.

also quick question, is the triforce guy triforce johnson?

Well let me know. They don't got a website -_-.

.....of all the terms you could have used to describe him....really?

ok so my brother talked to 8 bit and up and they said they are willing to do tournaments, and apparently they are also interested into doing the tournaments. And I believe guard crush is going to start going to 8 bit and up for their tourneys as well. The thing is the spacing is the only problem we are concerned with right? We cant have just 2 games rotating every bi weekly?

ok so my brother talked to 8 bit and up and they said they are willing to do tournaments, and apparently they are also interested into doing the tournaments. And I believe guard crush is going to start going to 8 bit and up for their tourneys as well. The thing is the spacing is the only problem we are concerned with right? We cant have just 2 games rotating every bi weekly?

I don't know how the numbers would work out. I plan to attend the recent SF events in NY as part of venue scouting. If that's what it comes to I guess....

On another note, we may have a warehouse type venue thanks to a contact of NerdJosh. Depends on the rent and setups.

I don't know how the numbers would work out. I plan to attend the recent SF events in NY as part of venue scouting. If that's what it comes to I guess....

On another note, we may have a warehouse type venue thanks to a contact of NerdJosh. Depends on the rent and setups.

Where is this warehouse?