Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Biscuits

New York City Thread #1582048

lolwut this info boggles my mind :psyduck:

i didn't really know that to do real damage with slayer you would use combos without much j.2k. I mean, I use that move all the time in combos and from what I've seen it seems to be what you would do. What sort of combo would be highly damaging then? Hehe. Sorry, I'm not very knowledgeable in GG. :sweatdrop:

If you watch the guard meter when you do J.2K that shit shoots down everytime you do it. So if you jack up the meter go nuts but Slayer isn't really known for that.

Combos like: BBU-5HS-IAD-J.K-J.K-5HS-IAD-J.K-J.K-5HS-Pilebunker or you could do after air launch 5HS-SJ-J.HS-J.D-J.2k-J.K-into relaunch combo.

When you have time watch Jap slayers do combos, you'll see the difference. (especially Hase, Niga, and Tsujikawa)

when l learn stick i'll start going to cf. lt's so difficult <_>

I have a hard time too, but I would only play SSF4 on stick and eventually it got easier. I can now play GG pretty alright on stick but I still need work. Just find a game to play exclusively on stick and then keep playing it will help tremendously. Right now I play everything on stick except GG and MBAA.

l started playing bb on stick with moderate success but l could only do combos. perhaps buying ssf (and my own stick :v: ) would make things much easier...

l do have gg though so l guess all i'd need is the stick and not the ssf.

but damn sticks are so expensive! >_< it's gonna have to wait a while.

@A3 Hmm, sounds like I've got a new combo to work on. Thanks.

And yeah, I can never play GG on stick. I just can't work with the standard arcade setup where P is your thumb and straight up from there. It feels so unnatural... -_-"

@silent Cool, we're talking about tomorrow, right?

l started playing bb on stick with moderate success but l could only do combos. perhaps buying ssf (and my own stick :v: ) would make things much easier...

On that note I'm selling a TE for $130, anyone want it?

5 dollar stick, discuss

i got u a3 you r completely right about that and from a psychological stand point if your opponent knows u can do high damage combos they block more allowing u to do even more gimmicky stuff and also allows u to bait more bursts since they r inclined to burst incorrectly...cause they r scared of damage

Thinking of hosting something Wednesday. Anyone up for it? I got Tinshi on board already.

If the me going to montreal and apartment situation doesnt get more hectic by wednesday then I'm down Dai.

Why not a weekend? I mean its your choice still... But... :/

Says the guy that works near me 0_o.

Because weekends I do other things possibly, and Xaq/Chazz have sessions.

I mean, l could come but ill probably only be there for a few since it would take too long to get home from there.

Yes but I is scrub. And I'm picking up zappa (which is going so well right now. Haven't been this hype since I... Well, I dunno but I'm pretty hype!)

Yes but I is scrub. And I'm picking up zappa (which is going so well right now. Haven't been this hype since I... Well, I dunno but I'm pretty hype!)

Na its not going well at all Tempest, its going terrible, if it was bb you probably would have been the best zappa in the world.

Ps. DONT BE HYPE SON!

Well..... I left new york. It was a blast playin randoms with people at the chinatown fair arcade. GG's to all the people I played! Had a lot of wins and close games!

Only thing that bugged me was that Shit Fighter IV is way too over-hyped over there! The game is so slow and boring, I really don't know how people can stand to play it...I almost fell asleep watching a few matches in between waiting for people to play BB. I went every friday fro 3 weeks and only fought 3 different people.... is BB dying down in arcades? I'm sure the ridiculous price to play it doesn't help either....

Well, till next time!

PS: I was the random arakune player if anyone happened to just walk by and not play.

1$ a game? No one is paying for that when it's been out on console since Summer (July).

There hasn't been an arcade update to SF4 for 2 years... of course people are going to be hype.

1$ a game? No one is paying for that when it's been out on console since Summer (July).

There hasn't been an arcade update to SF4 for 2 years... of course people are going to be hype.

Play the console version? Sure, if I want to play a bunch of scrubs with bad habits online....

I assumed the arcade would be the ideal location for real comp...

Guess not?

Play the console version? Sure, if I want to play a bunch of scrubs with bad habits online....

I assumed the arcade would be the ideal location for real comp...

Guess not?

$1 per play out of the way for soon to be obsolete game.....