Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr.Biscuits

New York City Thread #1582048

i'll be bringing 2 ps2s,

one u.s. and one japanese.

i'll be bringing:

marvel vs capcom 2(ps2)

guilty gear accent core

hokuto no ken

melty blood

i am NOT bringing A core plus.

but i only have 2 controllers to go around so 4 the luv of god, BYOC or sticks.

get hype 4 casuals!!!

So when we enter next level do we have to pay a venue fee? or we just pay to play per game? I shall join this casual craziness and level up session!

Right now it's free atm. Unless you wanna play AE.

I might come by later. I have to go to this city to play card games on motorcycles for now.

I'll have my revenge next week, NerdJosh! I was playing like ass last night ;_;

GGs to Mahouko in Arcana today. I wasn't really expecting to play against someone who could actually do combos, much less beat me even one round. Not that I'm complaining. Good shit.

Also 3C RC 3C = wtf.

I only played 2 or 3 matches of Arcana with my scrubby, non-combo using, and 2A-mashy Zenia, but it was still fun. It made me realize that I should learn a game that's not BB.

Like Arcana Heart 3, Guilty Gear, and Melty Blood.

Good games to Justice, Mahouko and Axl. I forgot the other guy's name. Oops.

Also 3C RC 3C = wtf.

The funny thing is that it worked on me too despite the fact that I saw it happen to you like twice.

Now I need to meet SKD in person...

I heard mahouko left like 2 hrs before i arrived :( i really wanted to get some games in....

all well, there is always next time .... I had mad fun today trolling with slayer and random select....

I am loving the new venue!!!!!!! Oh man I had lots of fun yesterday, and was really weird because for once I was having fun playing blaz. Melty blood was alot funner then i expected playing it for the first time. Good session in Guilty, AND ARCANA WTF???!?!?!?!?!?!?! It was great.

Great Games to Axl_M4ster, Justice7541 (that lillica T_T), and Zevali!!! Time to bring the scene back to life =). Also gotta get that Arcana for psn on the 19th yaaaaaaaaaaaay

Sorry about that Josh, and Sine -.-, had to leave at 8 because it was getting dark. Me wanted to get matches in as well

I missed Mahouko!? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! </3:(

i didn't.

since i was on the receiving end of his DESTRUCTION UNLEASHED!

frcs,rcs, loops, pins, u name it...it was done upon me.

lol.

wanna read something funny?

so, i just finished setting up GG.

mahouko is standing there.

keep in mind i have no idea who he is.

i ask him "would you like to play?"

he says "uh. not right now. for now i'll just watch."

and i ask him"do you know how to play Guilty Gear?"

......O_o'

after the thrashing i got from him...i realized asking him that question is like asking Einstein "do you know physics?"

.....O_0

so, yeah, he says"yeah, i've played in tournaments before." i go "ok."

like 20 minutes later..he decides to play me....

and i find myself getting bedazzled by spectacular shit i never even thought possible....

and i'm caught in some vicious loop...and i'm just staring at the screen,....with my character getting inescapably yo-yo'ed and i already gave up even trying to escape it...and i got my arms crossed against my chest... and i say to myself...

"ahhhhh. so that's how you play guilty gear. what have i been doing all this time again?"

but there's something to be learned from getting bodied by great players.

plus, its inspiring to behold.

great guy btw.

i wish i would have gotten to play melty with him and his friend.

DaiAndOh...you slay me brother. when you started yelling while you were eating "Hey, Axl...show me how you've Mastered Axl"

and i was like "huh? what? naw. i haven't played axl since 08...C'mon, i can't remember how to even play him."

and you were like "No excuses! show me your Axl ...Now!!!!"

LOL!

ahhhhhhhhh! god that was funny.

too much.

meanwhile, i did use him once...while me and Sine were playing and Sine was just trolling me with his own axl....i decided and said, "fuck it. i'll pick axl so it'll be axl v axl. even if i lose badly from not remembering a damn thing about him"....i somehow by only miracle, pulled off a win...and said "DaiAndOh! DaiAndOh! did you see my Axl just now! my scrubby, noobish, haven't played since 08 axl?"

and i looked over and you missed my axl. you were too busy watching the Darkstalkers session that was taking place.

i told Sine, "i pulled my axl out of retirement 4 one match...and i'm putting him back in. Daiandoh will never get another chance to see my lame axl ever again."

welp. i had a great time.

great players. great people. great sessions.

also.

i played ah3 terribly.

it sux not having ah3. and the only thing i have to practice is ah2...which actually, imo, hurts my game rather than helps, cuz that game is snails pace slow, arcana 3 is lightning fast, and trying to play ah3 after practicing/playing ah2(ps2) makes your inputs/reactions super slow.

every time i play ah3 i feel like my character is moving through molasses or something. not because my character is super slow....but because I'M SLOW. my inputs/reactions that is.

i'm everconstantly compensating for ah2's super duper uber lag/slowdown while playing ah3....and that makes my inputs always 2 seconds behind.

ugh.

people have the same problem with ah3 online....but when they go back offline...their brain quickly re-adjusts.

there is no re-adjusting from ah2.

is lag central 24/7.

100% of the time.

plus i can't practice any ah3 combos on ah2 port.

phooey.

the timing for inputs are so off between both games its just deranged.

it takes me like 4 hours for my brain to get used to the timing adjustment.

i'm just not gonna continue attempting to play ah2 anymore.

ah2....a pox on thee. really.

out the window you go.

useless.

*yeah i know, wall of text, u can tell i'm not drowsy just yet*

Axl_M4ster dont worry, we all get blown up by mahouko :P, it was fun, got to meet some new guys and finally getting involved with the nyc community. Justice7541 and Zevali blew me up in Arcana. Mahouko we need to get you a mobile trainer for when we ride the train, you looked pretty bored on the N and L XD

l never played maho in gg before, l was too busy being trapped ._. we should play soon.

Axl_M4ster dont worry, we all get blown up by mahouko :P, it was fun, got to meet some new guys and finally getting involved with the nyc community. Justice7541 and Zevali blew me up in Arcana. Mahouko we need to get you a mobile trainer for when we ride the train, you looked pretty bored on the N and L XD

Get him a PSP lol. He can play BBCS2/Accent Core Plus.

@ tempest, yea mahouko's cosplay is as deadly as his skill in gg XD... @ justice lol i wud get him oneof his own, but the bastard won a ps3 and my 360 got fried so im inclined to hate at the moment cuz he's gonna get AH3 while i gotta fork out $ to get a new 360 T-T... his brother has a psp and he likes BB and GG so im guessing at some point he might get it

Mahouko's stick is even deadlier.

@ Axl I saw bits from the ditto. Dat trolling. Mahouko too bad you're loli and can't stay up past dark cause I came through later.

loool mahouko, you've been branded a loli XD, looks like we shud make the may cosplay a reality so i can do johnny cosplay, cuz i dont wanna be the silly john that fell into the trap, even though that would be epic too XD

@Nova, me never saids anythings about tis may cosplay....... and instead of worrying about me you should focus on the other "monsters" that are waiting for you to enter the tourneys and take your money =). You have seen me play but you still havent played the people who are on a totally different level. Very scary.

@nerdjosh- Im not weird!!!

@Dai- O_O im a loli now......

BUT more importantly, when is the next meetup at next level???? I want to play everyone again because it has been waaaaaayyyyy toooo long, my buri has been sleeping for very long time -.-

yo mahouko, why u gotta be busting balls only hours after I leave ur place, XD and its not that im ignorant of the NYC "monsters", it's like parents tell their kids, cant be afraid of the boogieman and shyt forever, facing u is mental prep, gameplay exp will come through playing said guys (hope to face you guys casuals and otherwise, tho MM is probably gonna be a no-go till i get my new xbox) so imma keep raiding ur place till i lvl up XD and another casual during spring break would be awesome

@Nova, me never saids anythings about tis may cosplay....... and instead of worrying about me you should focus on the other "monsters" that are waiting for you to enter the tourneys and take your money =). You have seen me play but you still havent played the people who are on a totally different level. Very scary.

@nerdjosh- Im not weird!!!

@Dai- O_O im a loli now......

BUT more importantly, when is the next meetup at next level???? I want to play everyone again because it has been waaaaaayyyyy toooo long, my buri has been sleeping for very long time -.-

Well it's not all of a sudden. You always were.