Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TaoFTW

NorCal INSTALL! GGAC, MBAA & T6 Ranbat [Season 6: 6/5/2010]

Brackets from the GG ranbat this last Saturday @ Devry:

1: magz (SL) ($63.00)

2: velociraptor a.k.a Rod (JO/IN) ($18.00)

3: Ehuangsan (KY) ($9.00)

4: PHaethonH (MA)

5: JC's Twin Brother - John Connor a.k.a 10kai (JO)

5: John Connor a.k.a buzzsaw (PO)

7: Shining Aquas (AN)

7: Kijiyama (TE)

9: STenSatsu (AN)

9: KatanaDash (OS)

9: Aurora Borealis (AX)

9: Potechin a.k.a Sync (SL)

13: Riotblade (AN)

13: Tsubasa (MA)

13: qwerty (JO)

13: legz legz legz a.k.a dakanya (JA)

17: CT Warrior (MI?)

17: zyrixion (VE)

050110ggxx-bracket.gif

I posted Melty results on MeltyBread, but forgot to here. ^^;

May Ranbat Results

12 entrants

1 YAT (H-Tohno)

2 CT_Warrior (C-Maids)

3 Tsubasa (F/H-Arc)

4 ○○くん aka Snozz/Nandeyanen (H-Ryougi)

5 Dakanya (H-VAkiha)

5 MakotoCCO aka tenkai (H-Aoko, F-Kouma)

7 Lastelixir (H-Roa)

7 Riotblade (C-Arc)

9 FataCon (C-Miyako)

9 ehuangsan (H-Tohno)

9 Bonita_Applebum aka Sarsapari (F-Miyako)

9 Tone (F-Ciel)

AJ, write in who some of those people are. At least anyone using an alias in the top 3, so John can accurately update points.

Thanks for showing up peops. Even though I came in late, I feel that we're learning a lot about T.O.. So even though we're getting ready to hit it big, I have a concern. The first week of June is the month of finals for students on the quarter system. If we hold a tournament, then we will - most likely - not be able to go to any university/campus. Therefore, I have a few propositions:

1) Take a two month break and prep up for a HUGE August ranbat.

2) Find a venue that's willing to host numerous setups (venue must allocate, at least, 40 people). We can go to a university or a campus facility, but we have to assume that peops are prepping up for finals.

3) Split our ranbat into bi-weeklies. Thus, Rod's home would be our next venture. IF we hold a bi-weekly session, then we have to take out ST and Tekken. We do not have the capacity to support multiple communities.

4) Stop ranbats until the next school year.

5) Go to Hayward.

So unless you guys step it up and find us more venues, we will - more than likely - go to Hayward. That car repair place was a pretty legit venue, but a tad bit small. Since we are going to be hosting Tekken in the roster, I want to know if those guys are okay with a 40+ turnout. If so, then can we get extension cords and extra tables to place setups outside the room?

Who can be our spokesperson?

Wait the title says the Ranbat is on the 5th?? That would conflict with a bunch of NorCal players who were making special trips to the CDC wouldn't it? Maybe a sunday Ranbat would be a better option? Or perhaps postpone it one week???

the ranbat is always on the first saturday! haven't we overlapped with a BB event before? and afaik the overlap between GG and BB players is almost nonexistent isnt it?

Actually the GG and BB event haven't overlapped till now. CDC is different than the usual BB ranbats which is why its on the first saturday. BB ranbats are always on the 2nd and 4th. But this isn't our typical event since its focused on training and practice for the SBO qualifiers so I know a bunch of people are making special trips for it. I know of at least a few people who do both but I dunno what would weighs more in everyone's opinion. Strictly my 2 cents, just thought I'd bring it up since Jon is one of those who play both and I thought he planned on going to the CDC.

Good news everybody! The ranbat is now good to go for June! :3

*happy dance*

*opens the MPR to see all of NorCal in there*

WTF? D: Go home already! You people are too hype, and yet the same 2 people stay and hang out for a bit after the ranbat is done, Aj and Alex. :/ We should play some NES troll games next time.

So with June NorCal Install in less than a week, I better announce that I intend to run a side tourney for Senko no Ronde DUO. I'm thinking $1 buy-in, but if not enough people want to throw down money on a game they'll probably be playing for the first time, I can make it free entry. I should be able to get two setups up and running the game, so people can play a bit before I begin the tourney probably in the evening. GET HYPE!!

I am working full-time + part-time so I can no longer make it to NorCal INSTALL ranbats. But since other people are taking up the torch, I leave the fate of NorCal in your hands. The only thing I'm, still, trying to press for is the NorCal 'MINOR' Install Tournament.

:( aww John, thats unfortunate. Well, I'm happy that you're working and still preserving that MONEY INSTALL, but thats sad that you wont be able to join our hype train.

Is the next one this Saturday the 5th?

I'd like to come but I am terrible at fighting games.

At least I can make new friends I guess.

also does the event end at a reasonable time? don't want to stay out till midnight.

not really an evening owl...

I will be done with my Saturday shift at 5pm. I will probably stick around for the CopperDabbit challenge, but I'll head off to Devry for the post-ranbat festivities. Also, we will move our - following - ranbat towards the end of July to make room for EVO. I suggest we move the date to July 24th because BBCS will be out on console...and they will join in on our ranbat.

I've always wondered, is adding CS to this going to be a good thing?? assume the following is equal to the total MBAA/GGAC group, thats gonna make our ranbats have 80 people!! i know thats a bit of an exaggeration, but even a 20 person CS crew would make things really tight on space AND time. 20-30 for CS isn't even that unreasonable either given the sudden surge of people in Sacramento expressing great interest in travelling for things like this.

I dunno I'm just thinking out loud a little...

I've always wondered, is adding CS to this going to be a good thing?? assume the following is equal to the total MBAA/GGAC group, thats gonna make our ranbats have 80 people!! i know thats a bit of an exaggeration, but even a 20 person CS crew would make things really tight on space AND time. 20-30 for CS isn't even that unreasonable either given the sudden surge of people in Sacramento expressing great interest in travelling for things like this.

I dunno I'm just thinking out loud a little...

That's GOOD! Cause now I can start pitching our tournaments to hotels. :3

Yeah true I forgot about that. I was assuming DeVry as our venue of choice but yes, a large following for CS would open doors for hotel venues. I swear its like leveling up our tournaments by adding more people!

Next level up: 20 people! Reward: Hotel Venue!

Am I the only one who's in the mood to XP grind in Final Fantasy now :psyduck:

EDIT: How would we adjust for time?? Assuming we can't finish everything in one day, would we actually expand the ranbats to full weekend things??

Yeah true I forgot about that. I was assuming DeVry as our venue of choice but yes, a large following for CS would open doors for hotel venues. I swear its like leveling up our tournaments by adding more people!

Next level up: 20 people! Reward: Hotel Venue!

Am I the only one who's in the mood to XP grind in Final Fantasy now :psyduck:

EDIT: How would we adjust for time?? Assuming we can't finish everything in one day, would we actually expand the ranbats to full weekend things??

We would still hold ranbats at Devry. But for the MINOR install, we could do a full one-day event. I'm still looking at fudds and other potential venues, but if we do host at a hotel, then everything MUST start on time to get the ball rolling.

Edit: I'm, currently, placing a reservation at The Country Inn and Suites in Sunnyvale. For those of you who are not familiar with this venue, it was the same place where, "The Crazy Ass Fighting Game" tournament took place last year. If I get the green light, then we will be hosting our tournament at 8/7 from 10am - Midnight.

I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS! You might be asking, 'How can I help with a big event?' The answer is simple - spread the word and COME TO PLAY. I'm hoping for this event to extend to SoCal.

We would still hold ranbats at Devry. But for the MINOR install, we could do a full one-day event. I'm still looking at fudds and other potential venues, but if we do host at a hotel, then everything MUST start on time to get the ball rolling.

Edit: I'm, currently, placing a reservation at The Country Inn and Suites in Sunnyvale. For those of you who are not familiar with this venue, it was the same place where, "The Crazy Ass Fighting Game" tournament took place last year. If I get the green light, then we will be hosting our tournament at 8/7 from 10am - Midnight.

I NEED YOUR HELP WITH THIS! You might be asking, 'How can I help with a big event?' The answer is simple - spread the word and COME TO PLAY. I'm hoping for this event to extend to SoCal.

We should go the way of the CDC and get someone to whip up a flyer and get people from all over the state to post them up! You and me and Jeff could handle De Anza/SJSU area, Scott and Coopa could throw some up in Sacramento due to the rise in hype there, Rod could maybe get a few around SF State and if SoCal gets involved, ask Mike Z and Xie or whoever can to get some flyers around AI, LA(UC included of course) and San Diego.

I know thats not the WHOLE state, but it would be a start right???

Does that mean we're going to rig the brackets so all the main crew will be on the same side of the bracket, and we'll have some random scrub with 3 byes getting 3rd place?

hallo ranbat is tomorrow. i could use a ride

if no one will drive you i will, since you're on the way anyway.

Does that mean we're going to rig the brackets so all the main crew will be on the same side of the bracket, and we'll have some random scrub with 3 byes getting 3rd place?

fighting ricky in the first round :(

hey, i ALMOST won