Sign in to follow this  
Nehle

AC: Combos

In the right situation, dizzy can do both damaging and stylish combos. However, most of the time she's going to have to stick to her basic low-damage stuff and instead make sure she gets a knockdown. Basically, there are only three kinds of combos you want to aim for

1) Get a knockdown (preferably in the corner)

2) Do tons of damage

3) Kill the opponent

That means that, unless you get at least 70 or 80 extra damage from your combo or it kills the opponent, going for flashy followups that removes knockdown is very seldom worth it

Basic Combos

2K 5S 5H 2H 236H (102, Knockdown)

-> FRC dash f.S (4 hits) 236H (136, Knockdown)

-> FRC IAD j.2S j.H |> j.K j.S jc.S j.D (156)

airdash j.2S j.H |> c.S 5H 236H (154, Knockdown)

-> FRC IAD j.2S j.H j.K j.S jc.S j.D (220)

airdash j.2S j.H |> c.S 2H 236H FRC dash f.S (4 hits) 236H (200, Knockdown)

(on crouching) airdash j.2S j.H |> dash c.S 5H 2H 236H (177, Knockdown)

-> FRC dash f.S (4 hits) 2H 236H (224)

-> FRC IAD j.2S j.H j.K j.S jc.S j.D (237)

(on crouching in corner)

airdash j.2S j.H |> dash c.S 6P 421 short dash 6h ]S[ j.K j.S jc.P j.S j.D (225)

Anti Air

2S jc.K j.S j.2S j.D (125)

2S 2H FRC j.K j.S jc.S j.D (155)

Basic Dust Combo

D /\ FD j.D (2 hit) 214S, late j.H |> backstep 236H (144, knockdown)

D /\ FD j.D (2 hit) 214K j.H |> j.K j.S jc.S j.D (165)

Bubble Loop

The bubble loop is by far Dizzy's most damaging combo technique. Generally, it means that you have a homing pike out while you aircombo the opponent and then release it after a j.H to give you time to summon a bubble that strikes them. The timing for the bubble loop can be pretty strict but, it's usually worth it.

Sometimes the bubble will be popped by the homing pike, other times you have to manually pop it after the pike lands. I usually do a j.K after the bubble is summoned, since in most cases it will hit the opponent only if they weren't lifted by the popped bubble. j.H can also be used to pop the bubble for extra damage, but the timing is significantly harder

Bubble Loop Setups

Homing pike already out:

6H (2 hit) IAD j.H ]S[ 214K |> j.K j.S jc.S j.D (247)

This is a good setup to practice with, also try without the IAD. But don't hesitate to try it in matches, release the homing pike to keep you safe from punish if they block 6H

2H CH > 214H short dash 2H 421 j.H 214K ]S[ (pops bubble) |> j.K j.S jc.S j.D (260)

2H CH > 421 j.H 214K ]S[ |> j.S jc.S j.D (232)

Use this If you cannot summon fish (most likely because you got a 2H CH from punishing someone striking it)

D /\ j.D (2 hit) 214K j.H |> 421 j.H 214K]S[ j.K (pops bubble) sj.K j.S j.D (203)

This doesn't work well on heavy characters, on some you can substitute the first j.D for j.H or do a just one hit j.D (delay it a little)

Anti Air:

2S CH 421 j.H 214K]S[ |> j.S j.S j.D (216)

On crouching, in corner:

j.2S j.H short dash c.S 6P 421 IAD j.H 214K ]S[ j.K |> sj.K j.S j.D (230)

Combovid Combo #1

Throw > 214H,H delay IAD (crossup), laser, airdash back j.2S j.H 2H, laser, 421 dash 6H j.H 214K ]S[ (bubble pops) |> j.S jc.S j.D (281)

Combovid Combo #2 (corner)

214H,P IAD j.2S |> 2K 2D, fish bites, IAD j.D 214K, fish bites, j.H land 421 j.H 214K]S[ j.K (bubble pops) sj.K j.S j.D (236)

Ice Spike FRC

The ice spike FRC, arguably one of the harder in the game, is a must to know if you wish to master Dizzy. The good news, however, is that it isn't used as widely as it was in the old X2/#R days. Mainly because the ice spike forced proration doesn't make long loops worth it anymore. However it still has its uses:

1) Transporting enemy into corner

2) Getting time for setting up oki

3) Safe a blocked/whiffed ice spike

4) Shaving of that very last bit of health on your opponent

Anyways, I recommend you learn it by muscle memory, as waiting for audiovisual cues means you can't concentrate as much on other important aspects of the game at that moment. But until then, there are a few tricks to help you out.

First of all, there is an echo for the "KACHING" noise, the FRC is pretty much at the same time as that echo.

Some other tips:

i press the 3 button when:

1. if hit, just a moment before the victim launch ^_^"

2. whiff, i look at the base of ice spike and press the 3 buttons just a moment before the freezing fog(whatever-_-") completelly disappear

wtf is this shit .. frc point for teh spike is when the dust dissapears at the base

2D Special Cancel

Dizzy can, in fact, special cancel her 2D using the same technique as slayer does when he chea... back dash cancels. What you do is basically you jump cancel the 2D, and then after the 2D, but before the jump, you execute the special move and bingo, special cancel!

I have three different ways I go about when I special cancel 2D:

1) The correct way

Do 2D, tap up, and then input special command:

Fish example:

2D8214K

2) The smooth way:

Do 2D, press up and then drag in a smooth motion to include the special:

Fish example:

2D8963214K

This is what I find is the easiest way. Though it doesn't work for 421S for obvious reason

3) The Accidental Way

Do a tigerknee'd version of the special move:

Fish example

2D2147K

This is not so much a good way to perform it as a warning that 2D > TK bubble might go wrong if you time it bad.

That's all for now, I'm pretty sure I've covered most of the basic stuff.

Dunno if this is the right place to post about Dizzy Ice spike Frc,... but honestlly i never used looking at any frame or listening to any sound as a signal for me to press the frc (my other mates're to damn noisy) on real match, it's a big help on practice, but in match i wouldn't say it's practical. On Slash i still got failure occasionally but in AC as long as it hit, it almost guaranteed for me to pull the frc either for combo extension or safe maneuver on blocked string i found the timming is very familiar for my finger, that's Gun Flame Frc point on slash, i can even pull the frc with my eyes / ear closed i can't confirm if this is true or not eversince i'm the only one who can pull of this FRC regularly on my neighborhood, but seriouslly on Slash i often say BIG FUCK!!! with the Frc point of this moves but in AC the frc is miraculouslly to easy to be missed out for me (;^_^)a, and i mess up with Sol GF frc point on AC as well for few 1st match... just want to add some input for "AC Ice Pike FRC Timming on Hit is the same as Sol GF FRC in Slash" ;) btw i <3 that 2HCH bubble loop setup :yaaay:

Blocked combos Corner after knockdown H/P Fish Dash, 2K, Dash, 5K, 5S, j.2S, S Bubble, IAD j.2S, IAD, j.2S, j.H, 2K, 5S, 2H, Ice Spike And pointless combo that looks flashy: Midscreen 5K, 5S, 2H FRC, dash, 5S, 2S, jc.K, j.S, djc.S, dj.D

Does anyone know a good way to combo into Gamma Ray? Not that it's a good idea or anything, I was just curious, and it could be amusing to end a match with it in casuals or something.

Well.. you can try to end your combo with gamma ray instead of doing the bubble loop.

Ex 1. D /\ j.D (2 hit) 214K j.H |> 64641236H

Ex 2. (midscreen oki after throw) 214H,H IAD 214S (laser hits) j.H |> 64641236H

So you just replace 421S with 64641236H.

EDIT: @Necrosis http://youtube.com/watch?v=MoJmcln0S4M

Can someone actually confirm that that works? It would be pretty awesome to end a round with that, so if it works I would want to learn it.

Anyone try that corner infinite against tall characters? I'm just doing, IAD, j.k, j.p, 2s, HS, land, repeat. I can only do two reps and I was sitting there trying to do it for about an hour hahaha. It's probably not a useful combo, but it's helping me get better at low IADs much like doing the XX Jam IAD loop did.

I'm learning Dizzy sorta and I was wondering about throw combos. I'm surprised there isn't a basic throw combo in here. I know usually it's like dash 5K/2K into f.S ice spike. I was wondering if you can get a better combo in the corner. Also if you frc the spike, can you get a combo midscreen or do you need corner? what's best after the frc? sorry for all the questions

cool I'll try that out, what's the version you'd do to keep knockdown? i did f.S into another ice spike and it gave knockdown but i only got it in corner, is that what you're supposed to do?

i did f.S into another ice spike and it gave knockdown but i only got it in corner, is that what you're supposed to do?

Yes.

In the midscreen, you can do a followup like 2p, f.s, 236hs for knockdown, only if they are kinda close to you when they get hit by the ice spike.

you should take note of characters weight. e.g. Bacon (Baiken) (light/Corner), just ice spike after throw or f.s > ice spike if your greedy. or your can 2.hs ice spike frc loop them if your feeling generous tension wise.

Against Baiken though, know that she can always tech after ice spike, so if you gor for combo to ice spike in corner, and then summon, she will have no problem punishing you at all. So from throw., simply setup your okizeme without any combo, and if you do land a combo on here, you might as well go for max damage followups - knockdown is not THAT helpful against her anyways.

you should take note of characters weight.

e.g. Bacon (Baiken) (light/Corner), just ice spike after throw or f.s > ice spike if your greedy.

or your can 2.hs ice spike frc loop them if your feeling generous tension wise.

2H FRC ice spike loop is a real waste of tension, as ice spike has 70% force proration.

hypothetical combo (maybe someone could test it, I can't get it down >_>) after knockdown TKed 214D AD (should still work if the TK wasn't to low) j.2S j.H 5K 421S [bubble loop] (<- this is where I fail) it lacks a fish though, so maybe its hard to connect.

Dizzy's ground throw can lead into knockdown for every character. (Yes, tested f.S -> Ice Spike against Baiken). shyo: Doesn't work 'cause they can tech after 5K. You can air spike after j.2S popping the bubble, though.

On some occasions, I'll do a throw followup combo: -to 'push' opponent into corner if they are in its vicinity -if it has the potential to kill off opponents' last bit of health Nowadays I just use: throw-->okizeme, corner and midscreen Getting that fish summon out to start okizeme off a knockdown is quite nice except when your opponent is in your face AS you fish summon after they tech a throw followup combo.

2H FRC ice spike loop is a real waste of tension, as ice spike has 70% force proration.

It's 85% porate unless im mistaken, and for me against Bacon any amount of damage is good since locking bacon in the corner doesn't do much unless your trying to bait ouran.

are there any other characters that can always tech after ice spike besides baiken?

I find 2p--> f.s against Jam useless, 2k would give you knockdown but harder to land that 2k.

May is also one of those annoying one.

It's 85% porate unless im mistaken

This is correct, my mistake. I don't know where I got the number 70 from,

and for me against Bacon any amount of damage is good since locking bacon in the corner doesn't do much unless your trying to bait ouran.

My point is of course that you can do more damaging combos without burning tension on ice spike FRC, never said anything about locking her in the corner. In fact, i think I said quite the opposite :8/:

Sign in to follow this