Sign in to follow this  
Nehle

AC: Combos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY8hNsEtCF0&feature=related#t=3m02s

I have been trying to do this combo for a long time now and I can't seem to get it to work. I have tried all sorts of different timing/positioning but I can never get past the icespike FRC IAD j.2S j.H land j.K part, Johnny always seems to recover before the j.k comes out.

So now I guess it's about time to come bother people on the internet because I can't figure it out. Any tips/suggestions/etc would be appreciated.

After watching the highlighted part in the vid and then trying the combo out in training mode, it looks like after the Ice Spike FRC hits, the IAD j.2S>j.H has to hit JO low in the air in order to followup with a j.K>aircombo after landing from the IAD stuffs. My guess is that you were hitting JO higher up in the air with the IAD stuffs which didn't allow for a followup j.K>aircombo cause he was able to tech out. Range could be an issue as well cause in the vid the Ice Spike FRC looks like it hits at a far range which allowed the IAD j.2S>j.H to hit JO while he was already falling low in the air, then allowing for a successful followup j.K>aircombo afterwards. Hope that helps.

I guess it's just pretty tight timing, I can do it like 20% of the time now. I also found that the alternative method of using 2S or 5P after landing from the j.H makes it much easier to connect with the air combo. I don't know if it prorates more or something but it's much more reliable if you have sloppy execution like me.

1) HP Fish, IAD j.2S, laser, ad.2S j.H, land, bite (short dash) 6P > 421 > bubble loop The short dash is not always necessary

Combo from the vid:

214HP, IAD j2S, AD j2S jH, land, 6P 421, iad jH 214K ]S[, land, slight walk backwards, f.S 5H 236H

Okizeme setup for bubble loop + KD ender.

Good stuff.

Yea. it's from a very basic oki, and that's pretty much the usual way needed to lift most most people. The important thing is of course that you can get KD off of the followup combo without spending 50% tension for IR or settling for less damage.

The hardest part here is that the j.H after the 421 will need to be delayed as much as possible, so the opponent will have fallen enough, and that dizzy is far in enough that the bubble will be popped by the spike and not by an extra normal (which will lift them too high for the f.S to hit). If it doesn't get popped though, be ready with a j.K > bubble pop for either air combo or IR KD

Walking backwards is of course so you don't get an accidental c.S :)

I was asked to cap my best corner combo for a friend. So if anyone still reads these forums, here's a video of the best corner combo I can come up with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pS3Xzcx_OI

It's

• Tensionless
  • Knockdown
  • 231 damage on Slayer

sorry if this question is a little noobish but i have to know

is there a trick to the IAD > j.2S > AD > j.2S ?

i can't seem to be able to airdash a second time after the first j.2S :wasted:

Get the first j.2S out early, so that you recover in time to do another AD.

also Nehle, have you tried ending that combo with the bubble loop, instead of the f.S-HS>IceSpike?

also Nehle, have you tried ending that combo with the bubble loop, instead of the f.S-HS>IceSpike?

thanks a lot that worked like a charm :yaaay:

though i feel pretty dumb for not figuring that out myself :vbang:

Yea, but for many characters you are too far away to lift them again with the kunai. It works on Potemkin and I would guess Faust, since they have a rather large horizontal hitbox.

In my opinion, the damage you gain at that point doesn't really justify the harder execution and losing the tensionless knockdown.

Does anyone know a good way to combo into Gamma Ray? Not that it's a good idea or anything, I was just curious, and it could be amusing to end a match with it in casuals or something.

Well you could dust and hope you get them right when they are coming down! Never tried this and probably will fail.

5k or 2k, 5S (5 hits), Gamma ray works anywhere but the corner. Doesn't need counter hit. Scaling tears the damage to shreds with 2K but the 5K version does decent damage. Maybe 35% on Ky from the 2K version, 45%ish from 5K. Not a ton of damage, but you're not doing this for practicality. It's still Gamma Ray :P

Just curious, I've been trying out more of Dizzy's BnBs and there is one that has been giving me a fair amount of trouble -> 2K c.S 5H 2H 236H FRC IAD j.2S j.H -land- j.K j.S dj.S dj.D from midscreen (specifically they tech between j.H -land- j.K). I checked up on the previous post with the reference to the Johnny vs Dizzy match along with that "all character combo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZb45qYEjY at 6:46-6:54 which does a very similar one and still haven't gotten it to work. I noticed however that in both vids that they always start from the corner through midscreen to the other corner. I'm curious if the combo is impossible, or just more difficult, at midscreen vs being cornered. ty ^^

Just curious, I've been trying out more of Dizzy's BnBs and there is one that has been giving me a fair amount of trouble -> 2K c.S 5H 2H 236H FRC IAD j.2S j.H -land- j.K j.S dj.S dj.D from midscreen (specifically they tech between j.H -land- j.K). I checked up on the previous post with the reference to the Johnny vs Dizzy match along with that "all character combo" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZb45qYEjY at 6:46-6:54 which does a very similar one and still haven't gotten it to work. I noticed however that in both vids that they always start from the corner through midscreen to the other corner. I'm curious if the combo is impossible, or just more difficult, at midscreen vs being cornered. ty ^^

The part of the combo that you have trouble with: (specifically they tech between j.H -land- j.K)

is/was the same problem that Effenhoog had when he made a reference to the combo in the "JO vs DI" match vid he had posted.

I then replied with the following post:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?3175-AC-Combos&p=451372&viewfull=1#post451372

Basically, after the Ice Spike FRC hits the opponent, the follow-up IAD j.2S>j.H needs to hit your opponent when they are low in the air, in order to follow-up with a j.K>air combo after you land from the IAD stuffs. You are probably hitting your opponent higher up in the air with the IAD j.2S>j.H, which allowed them to tech before you could connect with the follow-up j.K>air combo.

It may seem tricky at first, but with enough practice (against various chars), you should be able to get a 'feel' for how the IAD j.2S>j.H hits and then be able to follow-up with a j.K>air combo afterwards.

Edited by Kurokun

Depending a bit on the distance, you can usually skip the 2H before the ice spike, which makes them float lower, making the combo slightly easier. Or if you have 50% tension, just do IR instead of the air combo and you ave a nice corner setup!

I've been messing around in training mode a little more and I find that when I delay my j.2S and/or start the ice spike FRC at max range I either still hit too early (just bad reflexes on my part) or the j.2S OTGs or whiffs altogether. I'm guessing the timing for the j.2S has to be really exact (though it could just be my bad execution) but thanks for the help. I'll keep at it til it works somehow. And that IR followup is really really nice, does bout the same damage w/ oki :yaaay:

sorry to wake a somewhat dead thread but ive been trying to learn the bubble loop and its proving pretty difficult

i understand it but i cant execute it 100% of the time

so you 412 > JC > j.h > bubble > ]s[ > pop > follow up

my question is when during the casting of the bubble should i let go of the spear?

i usually let go right as i start the bubble, but then i dont have enough time to pop it with a j.p

my question is when during the casting of the bubble should i let go of the spear?

i usually let go right as i start the bubble, but then i dont have enough time to pop it with a j.p

Bubble Loop

The bubble loop is by far Dizzy's most damaging combo technique. Generally, it means that you have a homing pike out while you aircombo the opponent and then release it after a j.H to give you time to summon a bubble that strikes them. The timing for the bubble loop can be pretty strict but, it's usually worth it.

Sometimes the bubble will be popped by the homing pike, other times you have to manually pop it after the pike lands. I usually do a j.K after the bubble is summoned, since in most cases it will hit the opponent only if they weren't lifted by the popped bubble. j.H can also be used to pop the bubble for extra damage, but the timing is significantly harder

This should help.

The one thing about wall stick is it seem be anywhere on screen as long as lazer fish hits on air hit, which can set up more combo opportunity. Although it is something that requires a keen eye, since I can never hit confirm my CH ice spike into fish summon lol.

Well this post remind me some stuff i need to ask, about ch ice spike combos specifically for the light weight Baiken ... I'm using yomi ice spike against full screen iad tatami, that makes her launch very high ... i'm not even sure i get a knock down with it... So, what is the optimal/practical combo route for her mid screen?

CH Ice Spike gives KD.

Went into training mode to try some stuff out:

CH Ice Spike > dash 5K > f.S > Ice Spike

- full-screen to outside of 3/4 screen

CH Ice Spike > dash f.S > Ice Spike

- a litle less than full-screen but still long range (outside of 3/4 screen range)

CH Ice Spike > dash f.S > Imperial Ray (dash afterwards for the full amount of hits and KD)

- same as above combo in regard to distance

CH Ice Spike > dash 2H > Ice Spike FRC > whatever

- Ice Spike FRC combo

No prob.

For the 3rd one, it helps if the f.S hits close before you do Imperial Ray so that it can connect better and you get the most hits/damage and KD.

It works pretty well at around 3/4 screen.

Sign in to follow this