Sign in to follow this  
Nehle

AC: Combos

the spacing to air throw when burst baiting aerial gattling is realy tight and yeah no random reaction :vbang: i've done this several times but it's a lot easier to just block and punish... but seeing my oponent breaking his jaw when i throw his burst attempt is priceless *evil grin*

anyone have some killer combos off a FRC'd 2H counter hit lauch?

There is only 421S into Bubble "loop", if youre looking for bigbaddamage . If you have tension, do 2HS, 632146S OD, that does OK damage and takes them to the corner + knockdown.

Otherwise, far S ... or 6HS, jc ...

2H FRC > 2147K > j.H > (land) > dash > 421 > jump > j.H > 214K ]S[ > j.H (pop) > (land) > jump > j.S > DJ > j.K > j.S > j.D

Is that only off of CH 2H?

Ya, counterhit only. BTW excellence that's an interesting combo, I'm assuming the first laser is hitting Ky between the 2S and the 421 right?

Another 2H (counterhit) combo, works midscreen: 2H > 214H~H > dash > 5K > f.S > icespike FRC > IAD > 214K > (laser) > j.H > (land) > 421 > jump > j.H > 214K ]S[ > j.H (pop) > (land) > jump > j.S > DJ > j.P > j.S > j.H

Works only if opponent is launched into the corner by the icespike. Substitute j.H with j.K if you need to hit sooner.

Ya, counterhit only. BTW excellence that's an interesting combo, I'm assuming the first laser is hitting Ky between the 2S and the 421 right?

yep... and forgot to add, it's also ch combos

I need some help on making my (dust) combos untechable. At specific points when I actually get out a dust, I do the j.D, cancel on the 2nd hit, and summon the k bubble, as I prepare to hit both the opponent and the bubble, my friend is somehow able to tech out. Also he recovers after I've popped the bubble and prepare to re-jump and do the AC from the bubble stun. Am I not executing it correctly, or is the combo fully techable? Need some help, here. BTW, the way the combo I'm refering to is: D /\ FD j.D (2 hit) 214K j.H |> j.K j.S jc.S j.D (165) Also, need a reply for the anti-air combos starting with CH cr.S, are they garanteed as well?

That's most likely because you hit the j.D too late. Basically, immediately after the homing jump starts you tap FD (preferably only 1f) and then immediately after that you hit j.D. You'll notice it's a proper Impossible Dust if they keep spinning like in a dust after the second hit of j.D. If they do, you should have plenty of time to land the j.H on the bubble if the j.K fails, try doing sj.K j.S j.D instead

That's most likely because you hit the j.D too late. Basically, immediately after the homing jump starts you tap FD (preferably only 1f) and then immediately after that you hit j.D. You'll notice it's a proper Impossible Dust if they keep spinning like in a dust after the second hit of j.D. If they do, you should have plenty of time to land the j.H on the bubble

if the j.K fails, try doing sj.K j.S j.D instead

Well, it will fall into muscle memory soon enough, but my real problem with the j.D is that if done too soon, then the character falls below my bubble after its pulled out and the j.HS whiffs, they recover, etc.

BTW, what is the most common bubble loop set-up you employ that does decent damage and able to be set up semi regularly? I ask this with the oki flowcharts listed in this thread http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2887 in mind.

Well, it will fall into muscle memory soon enough, but my real problem with the j.D is that if done too soon, then the character falls below my bubble after its pulled out and the j.HS whiffs, they recover, etc.

I have never, ever, had a character fall below the bubble on this dustcombo. What character are you trying against?

I have never, ever, had a character fall below the bubble on this dustcombo. What character are you trying against?

Working with Ky in practice the other day. I launched with Dust, followed with the j.D, I think before the screen turned blue. I let go of the bubble and Ky was already falling before I could hit him/pop the bubble.

Working with Ky in practice the other day. I launched with Dust, followed with the j.D, I think before the screen turned blue. I let go of the bubble and Ky was already falling before I could hit him/pop the bubble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxSWcRq4kaQ

This is how it should look. Notice the FD in the beginning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxSWcRq4kaQ

This is how it should look. Notice the FD in the beginning

I notice you did it in the corner. It is only untechable in the corner? Can't I do the dust combo midscreen?

BTW, the video represents what I have been doing recently - sometimes I mess up because I do j.D to quickly or slowly but like I said its not really a problem, just wondering if it was untechable at any point.

doing it too quickly isn't really an issue if you can time the hieght when you cancel into K bubble. Get an imaginative ruler and mark it at the perfect hieght. Within the active frame of dust it should have enough untechable time mid screen or corner. You could subsitute J.d with J.hs which might be the better alternative.

doing it too quickly isn't really an issue if you can time the hieght when you cancel into K bubble. Get an imaginative ruler and mark it at the perfect hieght.

Within the active frame of dust it should have enough untechable time mid screen or corner. You could subsitute J.d with J.hs which might be the better alternative.

I appreciate the 'ruler' advice, but that's honestly too much for me to think about when I'm in the middle of a match. For me, its easiest to learn by muscle memory, and as of late I seem to have got it pretty much down pat. The main problem is getting the dust off in the first place. :v:

The dustcombo listed also works at midscreen.

Okay, cool. I always take things literally, so when I see someone make a combo vid where its executed in the corner I have to wonder if it's able to be done mid-screen or not :psyduck:

Also, I guess no one saw this in my previous post, so I'll post it again:

BTW, what is the most common bubble loop set-up you employ that does decent damage and able to be set up semi regularly? I ask this with the oki flowcharts listed in this thread http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2887 in mind.

I can't answer the question about Bubble Loop cause I can't really do it myself still, but there's a simpler dust that often works too. I start it off with 5D, homing jump HS 214K HS | j.k j.s dj.s j.d. If you can't land the second j.s just go with j.d right away. I notice though, that if you do the version with the FD fall, you can go into 421S for bubble loop shenanigans instead of doing the air combo after landing. I've got it a few times, but my timing is still off so it's as consistent as.. something not consistent. Also, the key to landing a dust for me is normally mixing it up in my block string with Fish, since I tend to go for lows often if I throw a dust out it'll catch em unawares, and it's possible to combo into a Dust with K-P fish if they don't block the low. Goes something along the lines of Throw, 214K_P dash 2k bite c.S bite 5D.

about the common bubble loop... imo the easiest one to setup would be corner oki hs_p fish>dash>2k>laser>dash>2k>2d>bite(1)>iad j.d(1hit)>bubble+bite(2)>bubble pop... this is one that i use regularly and does around 180 damage with no tension(tested on Ky, Jo, Sl,Te, Fa, Ch, Po) while the other starter're just to hard to use on reflex by me for eg: 2s(mid air ch) need the right spacing 2hs(ch)->fish cancel bubble loop/frc bubble 6p>air pike ... corner only and won't work on some character, u better off with f.s ice spike kd and point blank tkbubble,2hs,dash in,214... ugh, the setup is realy an ass

I can't answer the question about Bubble Loop cause I can't really do it myself still, but there's a simpler dust that often works too. I start it off with 5D, homing jump HS 214K HS | j.k j.s dj.s j.d. If you can't land the second j.s just go with j.d right away.

I notice though, that if you do the version with the FD fall, you can go into 421S for bubble loop shenanigans instead of doing the air combo after landing. I've got it a few times, but my timing is still off so it's as consistent as.. something not consistent.

Also, the key to landing a dust for me is normally mixing it up in my block string with Fish, since I tend to go for lows often if I throw a dust out it'll catch em unawares, and it's possible to combo into a Dust with K-P fish if they don't block the low. Goes something along the lines of Throw, 214K_P dash 2k bite c.S bite 5D.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing - using Dust after you conditioned your opponent to block low after blockstring or oki pressure - its fine for experienced players that actually have a brain, but for people that mash constantly, I'm liable to get hit.

about the common bubble loop... imo the easiest one to setup would be corner oki hs_p fish>dash>2k>laser>dash>2k>2d>bite(1)>iad j.d(1hit)>bubble+bite(2)>bubble pop... this is one that i use regularly and does around 180 damage with no tension(tested on Ky, Jo, Sl,Te, Fa, Ch, Po)

while the other starter're just to hard to use on reflex by me

for eg:

2s(mid air ch) need the right spacing

2hs(ch)->fish cancel bubble loop/frc bubble

6p>air pike ... corner only and won't work on some character, u better off with f.s ice spike kd

and point blank tkbubble,2hs,dash in,214...

ugh, the setup is realy an ass

Hmm, I'm liking the sound of that one. To be honest, though I thought everyone would say something along the lines of the bubble loop using 6+HS and the homing pike - that's the one I've been using recently. Bizzaro also noted its great as a meaty during oki and blockstrings and seeing as I have mash-happy people on wake-up at my college I think it works rather well.

I'm going to give that corner one a try, though. I'm really interested in the set-ups that Nehle listed later in his combo thread that are more difficult to set up and execute - those seem to be the mark of a good Dizzy player.

Hi, noob here needs help pls! Is it possible for someone to give a vid of that homing pike bubble loop cuz I just dun see how the timing works on that thing. By the time my 6S is done the pike is already next to my opponent so by the time I use the bubble the pike is long gone. Thanks.

to answer your question. If you hold "s" during the special you can keep it in mid air and will activate after you've release "S". Its a matter of simply timing the release. Btw... what is 6s? do you mean C.S?

to answer your question.

If you hold "s" during the special you can keep it in mid air and will activate after you've release "S". Its a matter of simply timing the release.

Btw... what is 6s? do you mean C.S?

I think he means 6+HS, that command normal that takes 18 frames and makes dizzy's tail turn into a large, red beast that stuns on the first hit and launches on the second.

Yeah I mean 6+HS, bah I keep thing S is "high slash" because S is higher than H lol. Right now the pike releases right before I shoot the bubble, but fails to pop the bubble so I guess I just have to work on my timing. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this