Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Xie

Arcade Infinity - BB:CS Tournament/Ranbat Series (OMG LOOK AT ME: 5/27/10)

I'm posting on here for interest check. So here are my concerns:

1) Would SoCal be willing to get their top 5 players to compete in a NorCal vs. SoCal exhibition match?

2) Mike Z, assuming I can get a venue, I will be - more than willing - to help you promote your Skull Girls alongside the tournament. I've always been a fan of doujin fighters and want your game to gain some ground. Therefore, (a) can you come up to NorCal, (b) could you create an 3v3 or 5v5 exhibition match?

3) Do people still play Guilty Gear?

4) Is the 2nd week of August a good day for you all?

Feel free to share any thoughts, feedback, concerns, issues or jokes.

Also, Winson's birthday is May 15th. I expect all of you to be there to celebrate his birthday with lots of CAKE.

TaoFTW, we need to talk. Got to inform you about the logistics with IPW and stuff regarding the event. Don't get your hopes up yet though. You still got a lot of work to do, but it's still very possible.

But since IPW's support at Fanime (well, we will be at Super NCR, but the point is on paper supporting you) might help you get a sponsor by Aksys, I highly recommend you talk to Haunts.

Right on Mr. Coopa. I appreciate your efforts!

I'm still busy up to my ass with work and, frankly, I've been busy trying to get them done in SOME particular order. SO, keeping that in mind, I appreciate your efforts. The reality is that I need to have somebody back me up in case I can't pitch this minor. In the event that something - outside of my control - happens, I need to know that we can have backup.

With a fair amount of meditation and feedback, here's my - unofficial - pitch:

Guilty Gear AC (Hosted by: KatanaDash & Tenkai)

- 2v2

- Singles

- 5v5 NorCal vs. SoCal Exhibition

Melty Blood AA (Hosted by: Tsubasa & Dakanya)

- 2v2

- Singles

Blazblue CS (Hosted by: Spirit Juice & Aginor)

- 2v2

- Singles

Tekken 6 (*Pending?)

- 2v2

- Singles

- *5v5 NorCal vs. SoCal Exhibition

ST Turbo (**Pending?)

- Singles [On Dreamcast]

* = I want to talk to the Tekken community and see what's their take on this gig. I, barely, dabbled into their scene and don't want to leave a bad impression.

** = I, also, don't have much say in the ST community, so this is still up in the air.

We simply don't have the staff and volunteers to run a, grandose, minor. So, based on feedback from the community and tournament organizers, SSF4 is out of the question. The whole point of NorCal INSTALL! is to revive a - supposed - dead scene with hopes to extend our reach to a new generation of FGers.

As for the Aksys sponsor, I can only hope and - cross my fingers - that they received my voicemail and respond ASAP. And I sure hope that Koogy would be, more than willing, to lend us a hand. Thanks for the advice Mr. Coopa. I will give you a free 720 on my Rawrgna.

And since Winston is having a BDAY, here's the new schedule:

5/1: NCI GGAC, MBAA, T6 Ranbat

5/8: SVGL BBCS Doubles

5/15: GINSENG LAN PARTY! *Pending

5/22: SVGL BBCS Singles

5/29: Fanimoo

Things to do to get Minor high-n-rolling:

- Secure a venue: (Convention Space or Hotel)

- Secure sponsors: (AksysGames, KOOGY-CON)

- Contact big names from SoCal & NorCal: (Haunts, Mike Z, Goryus/CopperDabbit, etc.)

- Organize, discreet, MM: (SPRTJUICE SAILOR MOON MM)

- Organize, discreet, sidebets?: (Coopa, you're going have to help me on this one)

- Equipment and setups: (What's the best way to secure setups? Do we ask the community to bring equipment or do we buy our own setups?)

What is the best way to minimize theft? Post-its don't work, but what works?

- Streaming: (Feel free to share ideas)

NorCal INSTALL! Magz stream site

IPW

- Organizing Exhibition matches: (WHO?!, what, where, why, HOW?! Do we have to charge people for a buy-in or give some sort of cookie to the winner?)

- Date: (Aginor suggested the 2nd week of August, is this legit to everyone? Also that's the week of Aginor and I Bday. :3)

That's all I can think out of the top of my head. Feel free to add to the list.

Would prefer to have the ranbat on Sunday...

Me too! The last SF4 ranbat is canceled, me thinks, so moving to sunday wouldn't hinder anyone!:eng101:

Officially moved to Sunday.

To everyone who suddenly can't make, sorry, this was the only way.

NO REGRETS.

NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!!!!

But yeah I'm all for Sunday as well.

Also- I probably won't be trying out/applying/competing to be on SoCal's team.

Wayyy too far to go up to SVGL.

Might want to change the date on the thread topic lol...

Yeah, it's such a pain in the ass not being able to do it myself. I have to ask a mod to do it for me. :vbang:

date changed. you sure you can't change it yourself james? try double clicking on the thread in event announcements.

Yeah... when I double click it, it just takes me to the thread. I think? I might be missing a step here. :psyduck:

double click on that table cell, not hte link itself, my bad. I'm sure mods can do it for the area they mod, but i don't know if you can do it for threads you've made.

Um...if you own the thread, go to Edit for the first post; you should be able to change the title right from there.

(^.^)

double click on that table cell, not hte link itself, my bad. I'm sure mods can do it for the area they mod, but i don't know if you can do it for threads you've made.

Ah yeah, I can't do that, cause I'm not an event announcement mod. I can see the little table cell in the Lambda forums though.

Um...if you own the thread, go to Edit for the first post; you should be able to change the title right from there.

(^.^)

That changes the little tiny on the top of the top post, to the right of the date of the top post. It won't change how it appears as a link in the actual forum. :eng101:

Maybe there's a setting that will allow post owners to do this? :psyduck:

I may go to this unless my friend can go to a sweet metal concert, Yeah that is right Finntroll, Swallow the Sun and Moonsorrow. So a slight chance I may go.

Fuck AI, I'm going to that concert with Tronzilla.

I'll bring some ladies, too, don't worry.