Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Simple Questions and Answers Thread (Read the guides first!)

obviously we were all talking about Hakumen, and this thread is talking about a Hakumen Move called Tsubaki.

which is actually a good Tsubaki!

This is my first post but i've been surfing these forums looking for an answer. i was playing as Tsubaki and i was wondering if charging her Install to a certain level (lets say 5) had any effect on her normal or special attacks damage output.

Basically, is it like Hakumen where the good attacks need the Meter to be charged or can retaining charge offer some benefit to her overall damage output i.e. would having five charge in stock allow 236 A or B or C to be stronger or is Install's only purpose to allow access the D moves? i just can't find a clear cut answer to this question.

This is my first post but i've been surfing these forums looking for an answer. i was playing as Tsubaki and i was wondering if charging her Install to a certain level (lets say 5) had any effect on her normal or special attacks damage output.

Basically, is it like Hakumen where the good attacks need the Meter to be charged or can retaining charge offer some benefit to her overall damage output i.e. would having five charge in stock allow 236 A or B or C to be stronger or is Install's only purpose to allow access the D moves? i just can't find a clear cut answer to this question.

All of Tsubaki's moves have different types. 236A/B/C/D for example. the A B C versions don't require charge, but the D version does. Most of the time D versions of moves are better and end up doing more damage. Does that help?

Install meter's only purpose is to allow access to the D specials and to add damage to the D version of her distort.

The real question is should Tsubaki have a move that's called Hakumen and it loops during her install?

Only if it's off of 6D. That is, a move that has no hitbox and does nothing and is actually 5D because there is no such move as 6D.

Deleted couple posts, getting kind of off-topic. Granted nothing is ever really discussed here since nobody really played Tsubaki vs other players other than me and a few others.

Back on topic, the Tsubaki Install super works similarly to Hakumen's mugen super. When using the super, you are granted "unlimited" charge to use for your D specials until the gauge drains out. When you do a D-version Super during this state, it will use up all your remaining charge, and its power will be equivalent to what you originally started out with.

For example, if you did Tsubaki Install at full charge, your super will do equivalent to full charge.

All of Tsubaki's moves have different types. 236A/B/C/D for example. the A B C versions don't require charge, but the D version does. Most of the time D versions of moves are better and end up doing more damage. Does that help?

Yeah that helps i was just wasn't sure. i was practicing in sparring mode and it felt like her combos were doing more damage at a higher charge without the use of D moves. if that isn't the case its not a problem, i was just looking of an answer. Thanks

What should I be doing with charge canceling? I normally just do 5BB 2BB cc 66 B+C, but that's getting old fast. My friend really likes to air-dash away from me whenever I charge cancel, and the only way I've found of punishing it is via air-throw, which is horrible for Tsubaki. Any help?

Use charge cancel sparingly, and if they jump away, that's probably the end of pressure for you (except for a few particular situations). If the game goes back to neutral, charge if you can, and look for a way to get in again.

EDIT: Moved several posts to the general discussion forum, continue tsubaki discussion there, ask simple questions here.

Hi. 2 questions:

1.) Is there any practical use for 214C?

2.)Other than 236B, are there moves that have projectile invincibility?

1) Used as a reset opportunity/guard break.

2) 214B has more projectile invincibility during its active frames (around startup). 22B has auto-guard projectile properties.

Are 5 charge Tsubaki Install combos worth learning? Just in case I find myself getting a throw in the corner with 50 heat and 5 charge...lewl

Yes, you never know when it might come in handy. :)

I'm having so much fun with 22B auto projectile guard. It beats so many things like: Lambdas spikes from the floor, hazamas grapple, jin his wake-up pressure ice arrow or block string ender ice arrow and his 5D and 2D. Hell, it even beats litchi's dp and on counter hit you can combo into a 2000 combo without charge, and if you are within corner range you can up that damage with some charge use.

Does anyone know any other moves that are beatable on reaction with 22B?

i saw in some vids that carls energy ball shot by nirvana is blockable. i guess shuriken would also be then...or any other projectile...which is cool:3

maybe u can test it?

About Tsubaki's Mugen-like Distortion, is it best to use it when you have 3+ stock or can you use it efficently with less than that (I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to ask)?

I've noticed that Tsubaki's other Distortion is low on the damage side. Does not having a distortion that does as much damage as most others in the game take away that option toward her playstyle (I've seen a decent amount of videos where no one uses Tsubaki's distortion(s), that's why I ask such a question)?

Is it worth using her distortions or is it better to save your heat for Rapid Cancels? In most video's I've watched, I rarely see her distortions used in battle, this is why I have such a question.

Sorry for the mass amount of questions, just a few things I've noticed and would like answers from those who's knows her playstyle (Still learning Tsubaki :P ).

About Tsubaki's Mugen-like Distortion, is it best to use it when you have 3+ stock or can you use it efficently with less than that (I doubt it but it doesn't hurt to ask)?

I've noticed that Tsubaki's other Distortion is low on the damage side. Does not having a distortion that does as much damage as most others in the game take away that option toward her playstyle (I've seen a decent amount of videos where no one uses Tsubaki's distortion(s), that's why I ask such a question)?

Is it worth using her distortions or is it better to save your heat for Rapid Cancels? In most video's I've watched, I rarely see her distortions used in battle, this is why I have such a question.

Sorry for the mass amount of questions, just a few things I've noticed and would like answers from those who's knows her playstyle (Still learning Tsubaki :P ).

There are certain setups which enable you to use Tsubaki Install well with only one or two charges. If you have 2 charge and get a 22D hit in the corner, you can get 5k using Tsubaki Install.

Tsubaki's super (236236C) is mainly used as a combo-ender, to stack on extra damage. Her other super (236236D) Is only really used in Tsubaki Install combos, and even then rarely.

What you use Tsubaki's heat for is up to you, but you should mostly be using it for counter assaulting, or for RCing.

There are certain setups which enable you to use Tsubaki Install well with only one or two charges. If you have 2 charge and get a 22D hit in the corner, you can get 5k using Tsubaki Install.

Tsubaki's super (236236C) is mainly used as a combo-ender, to stack on extra damage. Her other super (236236D) Is only really used in Tsubaki Install combos, and even then rarely.

What you use Tsubaki's heat for is up to you, but you should mostly be using it for counter assaulting, or for RCing.

OK, thanks for the Advice. I thought using her heat for RCing was a good use, and I almost forgot about Counter Assault, I use it all the time (When Needed) :P Thanks for the advice.

236236D is a 5+0 invincible super.

Like order sol's level 1-3 tyrant rave but bad damage.

Its alright to reversal with since people are already using gauge to CA.

Good thing is that they have to outright bait it. They can't RC or block on reaction since its 0 frames after freeze.

What sort of character is Tsubaki? From the videos I've watched she seems like a rush down character, but I've heard people say otherwise.

What sort of character is Tsubaki? From the videos I've watched she seems like a rush down character, but I've heard people say otherwise.

The silly thing about Tsubaki is that she's a rushdown character, but she needs charge to get any sort of damage from that rushdown. Charging removes all the pressure you had on your opponent, and some characters (Lambda, Hazama) don't give you the space to charge.

The silly thing about Tsubaki is that she's a rushdown character, but she needs charge to get any sort of damage from that rushdown. Charging removes all the pressure you had on your opponent, and some characters (Lambda, Hazama) don't give you the space to charge.

So...does that mean that her Okizeme is charging lol?

Or is she just bad (or have bad matchups)?

If she just has those bad matchups I'll still probably try her. I mean, Arakune has those two as bad matchups two, I think.

No idea if that is her okizeme (I don't think so if I'm remembering the definition correctly) but she does need charge to be able to do some heavy damage in her combos. You have to get creative in charging for some match-ups from what I've seen.

Those two are not her only bad match-ups... she's pretty low tier haha. She has a tough time against the top 3 and it's a up-hill battle against most of the other characters since they can interrupt her charging or catch her while she's recovering from charging. She's not that bad but it's gonna be hard.