Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ginseng

[CS1] Tsubaki Simple Questions and Answers Thread (Read the guides first!)

Long time reader, first time poster :D Guys, what's the timing on the 3c > JC landing C? I can't get it right. And about the 6cc cancel: you cancel it on the end of the blade animation or during it? I'm having problems performing this, and without it she has no damage D: Ty in advance.

what are tsubaki's overheads, and what are there gattlings to and from, on hit and block and does she have a command overhead? does she have a command move in the air like Barrel edge, you know an attack that brings her out of the air quick in but quick like a rachel use 2C. If she does, is it an overhead, does any of her aerial moves cancel back into j.A or backwards at all. does j.D stop the raise of your jump like hakumen's counter. does she have loops.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7854

I beleive that has most of the info you seek.

Long time reader, first time poster :D

Guys, what's the timing on the 3c > JC landing C? I can't get it right.

And about the 6cc cancel: you cancel it on the end of the blade animation or during it? I'm having problems performing this, and without it she has no damage D:

Ty in advance.

3C> jC land 2CC only works on like maybe half the cast or so around there, you basically hit jC as late as you can from the jump and you jump as soon as 3C hits. On CH 3C> jC it probalby works on everyone so just learn to hit jC when ur somewhat close to the ground... and hit 2C when you land asap. also depending where the other character is situated, you might have to tweak ur jump from either neutral or diagonal , basically 8 or 9.

you hit 6CC when ur still doing the first 6C so within animation... and depending on what type of starter you started it off with 6CC might not connect after 6C, so refer to the combo list and see which ones lets you follow up with 6CC.

and emphasis on practice, alot of stuff people can't tell you where or what timing exactly, its all feel, and experience and practice... (just thought i throw this in here while i am at it this timing issue)

I take it we will have to rely on 5B to hit the opponent from a fair distance? How are her shoryus? How do they compare to Jins, Litchis, and INFERNOU DIVIDAH!? I noticed in one video that a player shot a ball of light in the air as a projectile. How does that work? How useful is her anti-air (2CC?)? Do most, if not all, of her Bread 'n' Bologna combos work on everyone? How often should we attempt to use the mugen-like distortion of hers? Thanks for answering in advance. :3 EDIT: What does 'dead angle' mean? I never understood what it meant.

I take it we will have to rely on 5B to hit the opponent from a fair distance? How are her shoryus? How do they compare to Jins, Litchis, and INFERNOU DIVIDAH!? I noticed in one video that a player shot a ball of light in the air as a projectile. How does that work?

How useful is her anti-air (2CC?)? Do most, if not all, of her Bread 'n' Bologna combos work on everyone? How often should we attempt to use the mugen-like distortion of hers?

Thanks for answering in advance. :3

EDIT: What does 'dead angle' mean? I never understood what it meant.

5B is her longest range move, but the problem is if you hit it from max distance, it wont connect. You could connect if you counter hit and do a 6CC or you can keep pressure by using 5b, charge canceling and dash in for more pressure. Her SRK is pretty much known to be the worst one in the game... her D version is the only one with full invincibility and the B version has invincibility BEFORE the active frames.

I don't know why you would like to compare those specific players, but she's about even with Jin, bad against Litchi and Ragna. Her 2C is REALLY good as an anti air because it has upper body invincibility. You would want to use it as 2C, dash, 5B, 2CC to air combo on counter hit. 2CC by itself isn't too good. Her BnB works on everyone... Her only specific combo is the 3C, jC combo. Her mugen combo is still in works, I believe...

Dead angle is the counter move that you do for 50% heat. While blocking, press 6A+B and it should do a counter move.

I feel like these questions could have easily been answered if you checked out her combo and beginner thread... Check those out:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7854

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7873

Inoue has been the best but I haven't seen any vids by him lately. Kaqn has been getting better and there's a new player (Ten?) who has been pretty good as well.

Are Tsubaki's A normals really bad?

Not TERRIBLE, but not great either. 6A is her normal overhead, and it looks a LOT like 6B, so it's a good mixup. Her jabs are really fast BUT it has short range.

What are some combos that put you in a safe position to charge?

Her BNB (5BB, 5CC, 236A, 214A, 22C) should put you in a good position to charge (anything that finishes in 22C should put you in a good position). Counter hit j.214x should also give you some time to charge.

For the combos that use Tsubaki Install, is the timing really strict on the D version moves for the 1 charge one?

Nah, not really. For the 22D after tsubaki install (if you do the throw combo), you basically time it around when her "reddish aura" wears off (about half a second after that gold halo over her disappears).

Having a terrible distortion actually makes her more fun to play imo because it creates an incentive to rapid her unsafe specials. Using her specials for approach seems a lot more fun than using her distortion for reversals or extra combo damage.

I have a question though, can you cancel her 214 or 236 specials into other specials on block?

Having a terrible distortion actually makes her more fun to play imo because it creates an incentive to rapid her unsafe specials. Using her specials for approach seems a lot more fun than using her distortion for reversals or extra combo damage.

I have a question though, can you cancel her 214 or 236 specials into other specials on block?

No. You can rapid them like you said. The D version of the 236 special is pretty safe (except against Tager). 214 is better used in a combo too.

No. You can rapid them like you said. The D version of the 236 special is pretty safe (except against Tager). 214 is better used in a combo too.

D specials can go into other D specials on whiff and/or also on block.

How is 236D not safe against Tager?

Long time reader, first time poster. When on the the discussion of Tsubaki. I've encountered the term 'Mugen', such as activating her Mugen. What does it mean? I've searched quite a few BB Mechanics threads and have no result.

Long time reader, first time poster. When on the the discussion of Tsubaki. I've encountered the term 'Mugen', such as activating her Mugen. What does it mean? I've searched quite a few BB Mechanics threads and have no result.

Mugen is the name of Hakumen's super which drains his meter, granting him unlimited use of it until he runs out. Don't remember what Tsubaki's super with the same effect is called, or know its input (I don't play her), but whatever the one with that effect is.

Mugen is the name of Hakumen's super which drains his meter, granting him unlimited use of it until he runs out. Don't remember what Tsubaki's super with the same effect is called, or know its input (I don't play her), but whatever the one with that effect is.

Thanks alot. I understand.One of her situational DDs does that.

+Knowledge gained.