Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cyringohn

Translations for Zappa's New Voice Sets?

I'll translate his burst quote...I think it means... AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Ok.....I'm done being useless.

"Would you forfeit for 200yen?" "CAPTAIN! THE SHIP IS SINKING!!" "Mom!!! Where you a boy?" are the only ones i remember hearing from vids. but they are others.

i sooooo would like to have zappa's translated in game quotes can anyone post them? in sword mode he says shidamte or hizamtee or what? :)

You mean when Golf ball comes out? I think it says 'far!'

If its saying four or fair thats even better.

I never knew Zappa said such insulting stuff to the opponents haha, I guess its in reference to Regan Macneil.

The writing does say Four, and Zappa really does like to insult his opponent. Though, most of the time when he talks during an attack, he's saying something like "HELP ME!" or "GET AWAY!", or something to that effect. He also likes to announce his summons in some fashion, though the sword summon sound is difficult to catch in the middle of a fight because it's so low (I think he says The Great Razor or something, I read it in the quote database a while back, so I can't remember exactly). Obviously the most famous one is the ghost summon, a.k.a. mamamamamamamamamamamamamama... But that's probably because thats the only sound americans can reenact lol, I'd love to see someone do Raohs voice perfectly. Edit: On another note, his reaction to certain characters in arcade mode after beating them is interesting, particularly when S-Ko freaks out at Johnny, and she also reacts to Jam for some reason. Surprisingly, she doesn't react to Axl, possibly debunking the myth that she's Axl's old girlfriend? Who knows, but man is it funny to see what he says about people (Anji's an exhibitionist apparently).

From what i remember: "What?? It's not a robot inside?!" "Oh, its a catapult." Raou goes "I will not leave behind even a fragment of your soul!" Or something to that effect. (Read it in a quotes database before) Of course, shouting umareru means something like "BORN!" or giving birth. His alternate shout for his overdrive is "History's worst nightmare!" and of course, my favorite: barabarabarabarabarabarabarabara IYAAAAAAH.

Here's some more from the quote database:

Henage no edage! [split nose hairs!] (Random)

Mate, nakami ha robo janai no ka!? [Wait, you're not really a robot!?] (Random)

MaaaaiiiiuuUUUHH!! (Random)

Saikin kami ga nobi teki te sa, ano ningyou! [Recently the doll's hair grew back when I cut it!] (Random)

Zen'in, Wapu ni sonae ro! [All Hands, Prepare for Warp!] (Random)

Ikuze! SHOUNE MODO! [Here goes! POWER-SAVE MODE!] (Random)

TARGET SCOPE OPEN!! (Random)

This isn't all of them, so check out http://www.guiltygear.ru/files/faqs/Guilty_Gear_Quote_Database.txt for more (special thanks to Blade for this :yaaay: )

Edit: One more for the sheer awesomeness of it:

INU KOWAEE!! [FEAR THE DOG!!] ("Dog")

You mean when Golf ball comes out? I think it says 'far!'

Actually that's "Four!" it's a joke about people hitting golfballs off the course and into windshields and other stuff.

Also, in case anyone wants them, I finished the quotes a while ago, check GG.ru for details.

Oh jeez this thread still exists. Also that's the best response anyone could have posted evilben.

To keep this post relevant, you guys think Zappa/the whole cast will get an english VA for Xrd? I dunno how they'd do the craziness in english, and really dunno if they could make it fit. Would be nice to understand him though.

personally, anytime a game gives me the option for VA language i put it japanese. american voice actors are so terrible

(the jp ones may be bad too... but i cant understand them so it doesnt matter!)