Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teppelin

West Coast Warzone II - Long Beach, CA - Apr. 2-4 2010

I think she should be allowed, since if you lose to someone who has no clue how to use her, you're a scrub anyway. If someone's got the balls to use a character they've never even seen in a tournament, they should be allowed to do so. I don't mind the tourney being on 360 if that's what it takes to have it there. As long as I can borrow someone's stick... ^^;;;

I don't mind the tourney being on 360 if that's what it takes to have it there. As long as I can borrow someone's stick... ^^;;;

This..

I think she should be allowed, since if you lose to someone who has no clue how to use her, you're a scrub anyway. If someone's got the balls to use a character they've never even seen in a tournament, they should be allowed to do so.

I don't mind the tourney being on 360 if that's what it takes to have it there. As long as I can borrow someone's stick... ^^;;;

But what if we get something like Arakune bug spam in CT, that no one has any clue what to do with until minor practice but is unrealistically easy to use? Then we could have the single most unhype tournament ever, with videos of a crap scrub tactic winning out against practiced professionals simply because it was never encountered and couldn't be practiced against.

I say Mu-12 can only potentially de-hype, and couldn't possibly add hype. Lets record some casuals with her if she exists, but nothing more.

i have no opinion on mu-12. as for 360... this may be a problem... depends if they fixed that bug that was in the BB:CT 360 version. This version didn't have the scaling option where it cut off teh edges of the screen in 4:3 so it was possible for attacks to come offscreen that normally would appear at the edge of the screen. This was a problem for v-13 (v-11) users since their 4D attack would effectively come from offscreen. hopefully taht explanation made sense.

i have no opinion on mu-12.

as for 360... this may be a problem... depends if they fixed that bug that was in the BB:CT 360 version. This version didn't have the scaling option where it cut off teh edges of the screen in 4:3 so it was possible for attacks to come offscreen that normally would appear at the edge of the screen. This was a problem for v-13 (v-11) users since their 4D attack would effectively come from offscreen.

hopefully taht explanation made sense.

I didn't even know this..

Legitimate concern.

I agree with dacid's point, it'd just be alot of "oOoo that's interesting", and "wtf was that?!" if someone picks moo~~~. she might be like a selectable boss character.... hmmm wasn't v-13 a boss character? considering the story it is pretty likely

she might be like a selectable boss character.... hmmm wasn't v-13 a boss character? considering the story it is pretty likely

hakumen was a selectable boss character

Re 360

If the options are "have CS @ WCW on 360" or "not have CS at WCW", then I'll take the former, and I think everyone else here would too.

Also, if having it run on 360, despite the relative lack of stick availability, will make the tournament run smoother in general, then go for it.

While running it on PS3 is obviously the preferred option, if that's not a realistic option then we shouldn't waste everyone's time discussing it.

Re mu-12 (IF she's playable at this tourney (which is already a big if))

Why not have her be the "final boss" for the tournament, then? Have the 1st place winner fight her 2-out-of-3. This will essentially have nothing to do with the tournament, and would be purely an exhibition of the character.

mm, is it ok to ask how many people registered so far? I got some stuff to do on April 3rd, so have to leave around 3pm. I'd like to know rough estimation about what time it'll end.

If CS will be there for console, I will 100% be there. And I have a working 360 stick. I would be willing to let people that I know (i.e. Render, Zong, etc) use it.

If CS will be there for console, I will 100% be there.

And I have a working 360 stick. I would be willing to let people that I know (i.e. Render, Zong, etc) use it.

Yay!

Smoke out coming your way, buddy.

I think a "brain trust" might be a good idea. It'd be best if we got an idea who would be coming though. If people in the BB community are coming outside of Cali, it might be harder to seed if we don't know ahead of time.

I will probably have someone reputable in the community like Tushar seed the tournament.

:psyduck: Is he even going?

I think you certainly have the right outlook on this whole thing John, seems like a great tournament. Looking forward to it.

This tournament would be sick but it will be okay since TvC is not on the list. I will be going for broken Marvel vs Capcom 2. Here I come, Hakan!!

I look forward to seeing Copper rape with Arakune since I no longer play CS.

It's better than TvC...