Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ShoMeYaMoves

[CS1] Bang Forbidden Ninpo: Combo Thread

Yer sorry i forgot to mention it was the first combo. But n/v bro , i got it now. It was 66C > 623B, not d.j4C > 623B which is why it was so freaking hard lol.

But now i'm stuck on the part right after it (still first combo on vid). WHen you land you do 2B > 6C > dj C right? Well aftger the 2B the dummy keeps teching out. I'm doing the exact same setup as shown in the vid. I'm wondering if it works on console version. Hope so cos it looks mint.

Also, how do you cancel after the throw and continue to combo? You throw a nail or something? I duno.

Also, what's the combo to combo into astral heat? I heard you could combo it off a throw or something.

Thanks for any help, this game rocks!

That combo works as is, console version included. The only thing I can think of is you're doing that d.6C>j.623B too early, which causes certain characters to be able to tech the following 2B part. Even though he catches Ragna relatively high in the video, you normally would want to catch them much lower. You'll notice the difference because for certain combos even if you land it correctly they'll be able to air tech instead of getting regular oki. That's one way to know your timing is right for certain combos.

The throw>B nail cancel is just that. After the throw but before the hit you want to do the B Nail motion, and due to how it works, the nail won't come out and instead you'll be able to continue the combo. I believe there is actually a Challenge Mode combo that has this, so just go through that as it gives you an actual demonstration.

Bang can combo into his Astral off CH 2D anywhere, CH 5D/6C in the corner, CH Gold Burst...but it is stupidly hard timing, easiest setup is in the corner off a throw. Just let the throw hit and do Astral and it combos. Another setup that isn't really legit is off a throw NOT in the corner and cancel into BEFORE the actual hit of the throw. It catches people because they can tech after the throw grab (which most times they'll do), but if they don't press anything they'll fall and it'll whiff.

Or you could be like me and just do run up TK Astral on oki and see how many people get caught by it. They can simply just duck it but more than likely you'll catch some people, even if they try to attack since it has a guard point. BUT that's not legit either, so results may vary. Easiest legit setup is corner throw.

Hey thanks guys. the problem i had with that combo was i was actually hitting the 2B too late. I started hitting it a lot earlier and it's connecting sweet.

Sweet so i got these combo's down. I know that astral one is impractical, i just wanted to learn it to show off when facing someone who don't know how to throw tech lol.

Sweet now i got my offense down. I think i just have to look after my defense and movement.

Hey guys. How do you combo2D into j D? I've seen Dora do it plenty times and it looks easy as. But it don't work for me. I'm on console version too.

That's more or less a timing thing. You'll just have to get used to it. Assuming you're talking about landing the initial d.2D. As for landing j.D off of the 2D, that'll be specific to certain characters. On some of them the timing is stupidly tight to make it almost not even worth trying, while others are a lot easier. THEN even if you land that part, the rest of the combo is also going to be character specific to a certain degree.

This is all stuff I was testing a long time ago, but no one seemed to care at the time so I stopped.

I think he's just talking about the 2D j.D link in general. It's easy on CH, on regular hit you have to superjump on some characters and superjump delay j.D on others. I don't think it works on Tager at all, but there's a different 4-seal for him. I don't remember what it is though. I think it's 5B 2B 6C j.D 2B 623B d.2D j.623B d.6C j.D j.236C 5D.

Oh kk. It's pretty hard ay. I'm just trying it on Ragna, regular hit , because i'm assuming he has the most general hit box in this game. I'ma start trying it with super jump and delaying or w/e. And yer i'm just talking about the 2D>j.D. Not any combo specifically. I just seen dora start combo's with it affter the auto guard thing and shit.

edit: What i shoulda said was most common hitbox. Like the same hitbox as most chars have. KK i'll try Jin, thanks Zeth.

Oh kk. It's pretty hard ay. I'm just trying it on Ragna, regular hit , because i'm assuming he has the most general hit box in this game. I'ma start trying it with super jump and delaying or w/e. And yer i'm just talking about the 2D>j.D. Not any combo specifically. I just seen dora start combo's with it affter the auto guard thing and shit.

Ragna is one of the characters where the timing is really strict, which is why you probably aren't landing it consistently.

EDIT: I'd say the character with the most "general hitbox" or the character where almost all of his combos work no matter what, is Jin.

Ragna is one of the characters where the timing is really strict, which is why you probably aren't landing it consistently.

EDIT: I'd say the character with the most "general hitbox" or the character where almost all of his combos work no matter what, is Jin.

Jin just happens to be easy for 2D j.D since you can just normal jump and mash out j.D. Otherwise he actually has a pretty stupid hitbox. I remember ton of shit not working on him in CT.

Ragna isn't really a "typical" character either since he's so tall. I don't think there's really any character with a "standard" hitbox. Noel's hitbox is pretty typical of a lot of characters (Nu. Mu, Makoto, Hazama, Valkenhayn, etc.) but for the rest I can't think of any other characters who really "represent" the fat people.

Oh yer i started getting it sweet after the enlightenment of the super jump cancel lol. I'm trying to do the first combo in this vid here. The one that sets up for FRKZ madness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkqp1s6tO1o

After the 2D>sjc>j.D>2B>623B i can't connect the d.2D. I'm trying it on Litchi to stick with the vid setup. I'm doing the dash 2D super freaking quick but it still misses her. She looks at about the same height that it works on in video too. On the console version. Actually are there any combo's that don't work on console version?

You have to do the 2D on the first possible frame after the dash. It might not necessarily be a one frame link but it's pretty fast. If you're having trouble with that, just do the easy version (throw > 2D j.D delay j.2369C j.D j.2369C 5D). Costs you an extra nail but if you're going into FRKZ anyway I doubt you care.

Hey i'm gona try that way you recommended. Do you do the bolded j.D j.D throw > 2D j.D delay j.2369C j.D j.2369C 5D while still in air from throwing the nail or do you land and quickly j.D? Duno, having trouble. Thanks in advance.

Hey i'm gona try that way you recommended. Do you do the bolded j.D j.D throw > 2D j.D delay j.2369C j.D j.2369C 5D while still in air from throwing the nail or do you land and quickly j.D? Duno, having trouble. Thanks in advance.

You have to land after any C nail. The move has really long landing recovery that pretty much forces you to go to the ground no matter what.

Hey guys, I'm mainly a tager player but am working on playing other characters as well (in the never ending quest to learn as much as I can about this game! :D) and I started working on Bang just the other day. I got nearly all of his challenges down and know his moves and basic BnB's for the most part, but I'm now working on integrating my own play style in with his awesomely-varied move set. I'm working on someone of a tech trap at the moment and am wondering if it's applicable, let alone useful at all. I thought I'd come here for the answer :)

Combo/String-a-mah-jig:

6C-236B-Dash Forward & Wait- 5C- Daifunka - post daifunka shenanigans.

What I noticed is that throwing the B nails has the delayed hit of the opponent up in the air. If they happen to block it and then are falling, catch them with the air-unblockable 5C and continue from there. I apologize if this is a dumb question or already been answered. Again, I'm new to Bang and really have only gotten in depth with Tager and a little bit with Litchi :P

Oh yer sweet. That's pretty hard then, giving me grief lol. You know the c nail after the j D. Does it not work on small chars like Noel? I can't seem to get it.

It's actually easier on smaller characters. Try just doing it off 2D, it's the same timing.

Hey guys, I'm mainly a tager player but am working on playing other characters as well (in the never ending quest to learn as much as I can about this game! :D) and I started working on Bang just the other day. I got nearly all of his challenges down and know his moves and basic BnB's for the most part, but I'm now working on integrating my own play style in with his awesomely-varied move set. I'm working on someone of a tech trap at the moment and am wondering if it's applicable, let alone useful at all. I thought I'd come here for the answer :)

Combo/String-a-mah-jig:

6C-236B-Dash Forward & Wait- 5C- Daifunka - post daifunka shenanigans.

What I noticed is that throwing the B nails has the delayed hit of the opponent up in the air. If they happen to block it and then are falling, catch them with the air-unblockable 5C and continue from there. I apologize if this is a dumb question or already been answered. Again, I'm new to Bang and really have only gotten in depth with Tager and a little bit with Litchi :P

5C isn't true airunblockable so they can just barrier and laugh in your face. That's assuming, of course, that the nail even hits them, most people won't be mashing to tech on a 6C so they'll typically just tech through the nail as it explodes or just fall through it. Believe to put them in airblock from a B nail you have a better shot doing wallbounce > 5A 5B j.236B but of course I've never tried.

The real sadness of current Bang is almost all tech traps aren't worth it. But if you do see someone habitually mashing on backwards tech, it could work. Wait until they're backwards tech'd out of like 2 or 3 things first, then run your Bnail trap. If he likes holding barrier, 5C is actually one of Bang's strongest mix up points, so just run something like 5C > jumpcancel (jA jB jC > mix)/6B/6A with follow up. Obviously, if you don't see him holding barrier, just pick up a combo. Make sure you're deep enough with your dash and run 5C 623B etc.

Again, don't use this more than your read allows. After you do this a couple times (or even once), your opponent, if a strong opponent, will stop teching into it, for sure.

No you don't. After 623B mash 5D and it will either connect or you are doing a combo where it doesnt work at all. Afterwards, see when 5D starts so you can learn the timing and not mash it next time. The link has problems in the corner but if you are worried about dashing I assume that's not your problem.

Or also, are you doing this on standing? That link only works after an OTG 2B/6A before the 623B or 623B hitting a midair opponent. or on FC 623B :p

After a combo ending with 623B>5D I can never get the 5D it always whiffs! Do you have to dash after the 623B?

do you mean something like 5A>5B>2B>2C>623B>5D? because that does not work. To get it to work you should do something like 5A>5B>2B>6C>j.D>6A>623B>5D>air combo ender

with meter 2B 623B daifunka

without meter 2B 623B 6C [9] j4C [9] j4C jD

^this.

If you had less j.4Cs you could build more meter by adding on 2B 623B 5D 9-dash j.4C slight 6-dash j.D 1-dash j.236C daifunka. Should net you around 40+ meter before daifunka total.