koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

C'mon, don't anybody wanna quote my post for sig? :kitty:

@SJ:

GGAC is obviously older than BBCS. It's so natural that Daisuke and co. had learned their mistakes :kitty:

WUT.

Are you playing the same BB that we have?

Also note: Daisuke didn't direct BB, Mori did.

Edit: I also agree that the differences between the tiers must be really slight. Someone get matchup info, yo. Maybe that will shed some light over the new changes.

Notice how all the B tier characters can pretty much kill you in one combo.

i totally did not just say that a few posts before.

Because even though GGAC is the better, more refined game, it's actually less balanced now. I find that ironic.

that's a cool opinion there bro. look, i don't give a shit if you're a mod, but you're still trying to start a gg vs bb debate here. you don't even play this game anymore, so why try and start shit?

This new tier list... I didn't expect some characters to move around so much (so many in C tier)... And lol at Johnny never moving from bottom-tier since the game came out (no offense to Johnny players)...

i totally did not just say that a few posts before.

does that make the satement less true?

that's a cool opinion there bro. look, i don't give a shit if you're a mod, but you're still trying to start a gg vs bb debate here. you don't even play this game anymore, so why try and start shit?

......first don't mess with spirit juice.... it's not smart.

second.... if you've seen the shit (seriously, shit) in the BB match up discussion.... you would know that people are saying BBCS is unbalanced, and yet here the tiers are more divided, now instead of starting a flamewar (something only you were thinking) you justify it with the fact that there are more characters in GG and that it has.... some certain "outlier" IK comboing toptiers. Vs BB which has a certain outlying low tier...

What I want to see is the matchup chart that led to this. I'm guessing MI being high is just a matter of having less bad matchups, rather than dominating many per se (Like how Eddie is, but less so). I'd also bet the delta between tiers is rather small.

If I was trying to start shit, you would know it. It's just a casual observation.

What I want to see is the matchup chart that led to this. I'm guessing MI being high is just a matter of having less bad matchups, rather than dominating many per se (Like how Eddie is, but less so). I'd also bet the delta between tiers is rather small.

I would love to see a recent match up chart too, but those are hard to come by.

I started to try and put a matchup chart together based on the most recent matchup data I could find, then I realized half of it was two years old. It would be great if someone could get the information, but I really don't expect it.

where is this bb being more balanced nonsense coming from? did the bbcs tier list rank from S+++ to B- or some shit? i've never heard from anyone that there's any difference between that and the S to D system.

in any case, it's total bullshit, lol.

I'm also interested in seeing a match-up chart. Because I'm having serious trouble with slayer lower than A tier among other things.

because this game is pretty balanced and millia has more good/even match-ups

you can use this answer to any of the "why is X character not A or better"

she's a solid character...like EVERYONE who's C or better...and we're still seein D tier doing well in tournaments...

The tier list is very laughable. Though, I don't really care about tier list in guilty gear because it is a game where anyone can win.

No one said tier lists are absolute. They just show how good a character is compared to the rest of the roster

Anyway, is it just me or Baiken in C makes no sense at all?

just because you get hit by slayer's high low every wakeup doesn't mean people in japan do

this tier list makes hella sense if you just put it in the context of current day jp level play

The only things that suprised me about this tier list was I would expect Millia and Slayer to be B and A tier respectively, and for Bacon to be B tier. However, when you stop and think about it for more than a full minute and look at the characters objectively instead of "that character is so broken" or "that character always rapes me", it makes sense (and has been stated by multiple other people).

Slayer - His damage is good... REALLY GOOD, but you can react to all of his mixups (which have never been that amazing); especially at the level of play that tier lists are based on.

Millia - Just like Slayer, pretty much every combo is going to put you in the corner but with less damage. However, her mixup is so fast and so good that she's going to consistently land combos because you can barely react. CD said is best when he told me that killing with two 50% combos or three 40% means fuck all if you can't land them consistently; compared to killing in four 25-30% combos or five 20% combos if you can land them constantly. Millia does the latter with gusto.

Bacon - I just suck at fighting bacon, but I realize she's not exactly amazing. Can't exactly say why, but I just get that feeling. I know, very informative. =/

But whatever, just my 2 cents on the topic and it's just opinion anyways. Play the character you like and don't worry about tier stress.

No one said tier lists are absolute. They just show how good a character is compared to the rest of the roster

Yeah, I already know that. Thanks for the reminder though ;)

What are Baiken's bad matchups?

Pot is undoubtedly her worst. Jam (parries and damage) and Slayer (damage). I guess you could even say May and Sol to a degree. Pretty much any character with explosive damage potential.

I've heard arguments for robo ky too, though I disagree, I think it's really just Jam and Pot, even slayer's not THAT bad.