koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

4r5:

Johnny just rotated 45 degrees counter-clockwise, giving the illusion of leftward movement.

Lol. His place on the tier list is now (cos [bottom tier], sin [bottom tier]). [/trigonometry jokes]

Looking through this thread again, wasn't Eddie's information translated? I swear it was... BUT SOME FAGGOT NAMED KOOGY never copy pasted it into the other posts.

forward exe )= best force break....wait what ?

seriously, this thing screams "i need to cost 25%"

It does cost 25%. But the FRC is optional. So yeah, best "FB" in game indeed. You actually get a choice. :kitty:

But its like, not wasting 25% on that move doesnt really diminish usefullness of that move a alot:psyduck:

And wtf is up w/ the otg lift? I think that move really used to be a FB B4 ARC changed it or something lol

Slayers back dash has gotta be one of the brokest moves in the game. I mean, seriously, how come I have to actually block things when my slayer opponent can just go into mystical slayer land? I can only imagine how broken it must have been in the prior versions when you could actually cover moves up to the active frames. As it stands bdc mappa can still beat a lot of properly timed meaties if you have the balls to do it, your opponent just can't be in active frames for longer than 6f :vbang: That said, slayer is just broke in general. I mean, you could even take bbu away from him and he still does rediculous damage. I'm going to assassinate Hase before he can discover the next way to make slayer deal more damage.

Eh, I don't hate Slayer too much, my real beef is with Eddie and Testament, who suck balls to fight against even if you play one of those rare non S tier characters who have so called 5-5's with them.

In #R you needed that backdash cancel, otherwise you'd just die against projectile spam.

Wait, projectiles? Good in GG? Surely you jest. If you do not jest, then explain thyself and tell me why in all the rest, projectiles have no place.

Eddie and Test are just exercises in defense. Slayer, however, just rams a giant proverbial dildo up your characters proverbial ass. At least he does it with style though:psyduck:

In #R you needed that backdash cancel, otherwise you'd just die against projectile spam.

thats why slayer got tools in the next two games to help him against projectiles/projectiles got nerfed and thats why hes so good right now.

oh wait you're reaver.

thats why slayer got tools in the next two games to help him against projectiles/projectiles got nerfed and thats why hes so good right now.

oh wait you're reaver.

No shit sherlock, to both of those comments. Dumbass...

Venom? sure, he's really stronger than before; But about Anji I don't think so. Anji's best version is certainly gg/

Venom? sure, he's really stronger than before; But about Anji I don't think so.

Anji's best version is certainly gg/

No, I mean relative to the current AC tier list. Certainly, Anji sucks in comparison to Slash; to suggest otherwise would be stupid.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Darago...well, I thing we should wait and see what Anji and Venom players do in next SBO to figure it out; but despite the fact Anji is weaker now, for me it's that dipical kind of character which can be a killer if he's propely use. ...and the same goes for I-no being low-tier, I still can't understand why? is it just because she's hard to play with?

Anji videos aren't as hard to find as they used to be imo. I get the impression more people are using him now, both in japan and the states. Dunno what's up with it honestly (well the states it's cause of the US release if nothing else). He actually wins quite often in japanese match vids I've seen, it's not like he gets constantly creamed or anything.

I-no:

• Average Damage B-: Combos that end with guaranteed knockdowns give up a fair amount of damage.
  • Max damage A: Genkai Fortissimo (air super) > full combo does a fair chunk.
  • Pokes D+: Pretty much all have lousy recovery. Besides the green note, pokes aren't all that easy to use (function specific).
  • Breaking out of pressure D: Super Ha(guessing it's Madogawa Desperate?) is great, but lacks throw invincibility, so her ability to break out of pressure ranks among the worst in the game.
  • Mixup S: She lost falling Chemical Love, but a connected note gives you time for so many options. Definitely one of the best mixups.
  • Pressure/Lockdown D: Weak, moves aren't great at stuffing mashers nor good for lockdown, and if she has no meter, she has NO pressure/lockdown options.
  • Okizeme S: Easily S tier, one of the top 3 Oki characters in GG.
  • Against ground C-: Because Dives (Sultry performance) have weak priority, j. HS is her mainstay. Nothing really worth special mention.
  • Against air D: 5P is nothing special, and 6P has large recovery + followups are hard/not reliable. Definitely weak here.
  • Defense D: Takes more damage than usual, and to add insult to injury, I-no has a big hitbox when hit.
  • In general D+: Her Hover Dash (dash goes airborne) limits her mobility somewhat plus she's not good at controlling space.
  • Overall rank: D
  • Good matchup Dizzy: Dizzy is horrible at escaping I-no's pressure, and Dizzy is easy to combo. Next best matchup would probably be Johnny.
  • Bad matchup May: Somewhere between "I hate this matchup" and "IMPOSSIBLE"

I agree with 90% of this. Only 2 things, her against air is completely wrong and I think Johnny is one of her worst matchups. The fact that it's so hard to connect a TK HCL during her standard combos really fucks this match up for her.

EDIT: Just to add a bit more...

I consider her best match-ups Testement, Potemkin, Eddie and I-No herself.

Next, ABA, Faust, Baiken, and Zappa.

Worst is definiatly May, Johnny, Anji and Chipp in that order.

You think Potemkin(6P one of the best and on CH leads to KD with Heat Knuckle) to be one of her best matchups? And Eddie and Testament too? Clarify please.

notice all the characters he listed as good matchups for I-no are characters with totally ass anti pressure options

Testament controls too much space, giving I-No a difficult time. Potemkin is Potemkin... and his only unfavorable match ups are Testament and Eddie, maybe Dizzy. Without a shadow, Eddie can definitely get overwhelmed by I-No mix up... but once Eddie has a shadow out her options are really, really limited; Eddie just controls too much space with the shadow, and she doesn't have any good options of dealing with Eddie pressure. I'm not really sure how you can say those are favorable match ups for her at all. Similar to other C and D rank characters, her number of good match ups are really limited. I would say she doesn't have more than two.

Well Testicle because she has ways to deal with all of his traps rather quick. Even the EXE beasts aren't a threat if you remember to keep an extra 25% to cancel oki notes. (In the event he uses a beast on wake up and given the distance to use a note as oki, he will.) Granted he can badland you to death but without webs, it's not nearly as easy. The only real threat he has is the poison or if he manages to push you into a curse. (although notes can cancel curses too!) Potemkin because it's relitvely easy to connect a note to a slow Potemkin, even a blocked note can lead into a real nice combo, especially on Potemkin's huge hitbox. I-No is just suseptable to a Potemkin Buster as the next charachter but it's a 50/50 chance of who will throw who. I-No can land into a throw, and throw in pretty much any other situation where a Potemkin would attempt a PB. She can even throw him out of his force break and his backdash PB bullshit. Not to mention she also has far superior mobility. You can quickly escape a failed attempt to break his gaurd, spit another note and attempt again. (unless he anticipates it and uses that stupid air grab move) The biggest threat in this match is yourself, playing sloppy and unsafe. To be fair, I haven't really played a decent Eddie, but I-No has alot of tools that help her escape Eddie's setups. She also has alot of ways to punish Eddie's moves in the event he misses a FRC. You just have to remember he can do that stupid little reflect move that'll punish you for a HCL poke and a keep a look out for a FB drill. His biggest threat is if he catches you, but Notes make that a difficult task. This is all my opinion... I'm sure Testy, PO, and Eddie players might have a different perspective.

for characters like I-no/anji/jo/etc a "good" matchup is generally a 5-5 so keep that in mind