A: Millia, May, Baiken

A-: Potemkin, Aba, Chipp, Sol, Venom, Robo-Ky, Order Sol

B+: Axl, Anji, Dizzy, Faust, Ky, I-No, Zappa, Bridget

B-: Johnny

I disagree with the placement for Testament, Bridget, and potemkin

Testament = S

Potemkin = A+

Bridget = B-

The tier list should be chosen generaly not by some guy named Ogawa obviously he's gonna put only eddie as S tier since he Mains him. These Tier list are not accurate :vbang:

I disagree with the placement for Testament, Bridget, and potemkin

Testament = S

Potemkin = A+

Bridget = B-

The tier list should be chosen generaly not by some guy named Ogawa obviously he's gonna put only eddie as S tier since he Mains him. These Tier list are not accurate :vbang:

:lol:

testament has to be S tier. so much control of the screen and he has the simplest but best mix up. 6p only prorates 85%. eddie has to be like S+ or some shit. man like the only SAFE(lololz) ways out of his pressure is like slashbacking or a reversal. Not to mention ibing doesn't really help too much. jam should be a (a+) tier. she can be hard to oki when she has a card or multiple cards. she has fast pokes and converts just about everything into half life damage not to mention she dizzies and when she does her corner oki and you guess wrong, you're fucked. slayer should be a(a+) tier. he converts just about everything into big damage or knockdown. he is just fine being on the defense because he doesn't need tension to cause big damage unlike jam. he has invincible forward and backdashes and can cancel those back dashes into special moves aka bdc. He technically should be un-okiable. may should be B+ tier because she doesn't really have any safe way out of pressure. her oki isn't all that great. you're more in fear of getting counter hit and stunned. i think axl should be at least B+ tier because he controls so much space. he gets pretty good frames off of his moves. the only thing about him is that his oki isn't that serious and his pokes can only control one part of the screen with that being said, someone with good reactions can use these pokes properly and make it impossible to get in. axl also has a good match up against testament.

Ky, Faust and Ghost Zappa all control space just as well as Axl if not better. Look at the 3 of them sitting at near bottom tier. Axl is where he is likely for a reason. You say May doesn't have a way to get people off? Try Axl. He's MUCH MUCH MUCH worse in that department. May is scary. She's very hard to get in on and hoop is a better dragonpunch than Axl's. (Both are lacking tho.) She has some of the better reversal supers. Approaching her kinda scary at times because like Slayer. CH=possible death. Her oki game is effective. You don't really need much more when your damage off of a Command grab is 40%. There is a reason she won SBO. Her Risk/Reward is very good. Owaga might be overrating Eddie a little bit from personal bias but I doubt his reasoning is very far well. Johnny being in his own tier is likely a statement of how poorly he matchs up compared to the rest of the cast. At least Bridget also had a strong showing at SBO. Potemkin... That's likely his match up vs. Eddie being that bad. Plus I'm sure Japan has figured out ways around his standard gameplay. It was pretty simple. But being totally countered by Eddie who is the best character and likely overused because of it would hurt tournament preformance I'm sure. Hence the drop in tier.

id say that faust controls space as well as axl. zappa would have trouble against axl for the sole reason that his ghosts are left up to random chance and axl can stay at favorable range and annoy the shit out of zappa. ky is just solid. nothing really bad about him and nothing overrateable about him. may is a bitch. people should airthrow that motherfucker. look at what that slayer did to efute in sbo?? fucking mind game that bitch

Actually Axl has the worst time dealing with Ghosts than any other summon. Ghost Zappa is more favorable against Axl than even Raoh Zappa.

I think he meant, what summon you get is random.

raou really isn't that scary. you just keep the fucker out. all you do is look out for his over heads and don't jump in on him. axl can keep raou out. period. in order to spit out ghosts you have to be a favorable range so you don't get counter hit while trying to throw one out. axl has no reason (unless zappa has a life lead) to go to zappa to put himself at risk to get possessed. even if axl has a bad fight with the ghosts, you're leaving that up to a 33.33% chance when axl beats all other summons.

Try Axl. He's MUCH MUCH MUCH worse in that department.

Your silly :psyduck: He has counter's for high and low attacks and he has a dp. It isn't great....but he has one.

raou really isn't that scary. you just keep the fucker out.

all you do is look out for his over heads and don't jump in on him.

axl can keep raou out. period.

Your even silly-er. Raoh will usually always get in if Zappa plays him right (Properly placed Fireballs). The difficult part is just not making a mistake because it leads into large damage.

Your silly :psyduck: He has counter's for high and low attacks and he has a dp. It isn't great....but he has one.

May has the same type of Dragon punch as Axl. Neither of them have fully invincible dragon punchs. Axl has a Lower body invincibility one which still loses to like standing lows. And has an upperbody invincible one that needs the other move hitting pretty high for it to work. (it's pretty much a really fast throw invincible 6P)

His Counters don't go active right away and are pretty easy to beat. I play this match all the time and they are non issues. To the point that one of the Axl's I play doesn't even use the 214 counters. The Dragon punch counter doesn't work on lows and also isn't frame 1 either. So effectively he has no reversals. Also his super is pretty awful in general. But I guess that could reversal. His Backdash is one of the worst ones. He's certainly one of the worst at getting out of pressure. You could try asking an Axl player. I'm sure they would agree with me. Eddie is worse, Venom is worse, Normal mode A.B.A is worse, Johnny, Millia, Faust, I-no might be worse but they all have better reversal supers, better jumps, and way better backdashs. He's certainly on the lower half for dealing with pressure. Despite having tools. They have been toned down considerably since Reload.

Well with GG being at SBO again, I hope a Johnny player will actually make it this time. Maybe have a run like Bridget had. B- is a start right? :keke:

Whytesakura: I appreciate the thought, but your posts make it clear that you don't know how to play Axl. Axl can't keep people out worth shit unless their name is HOS, I-No, Anji, or Raou (All absurdly good matchups for Axl). And I guarantee you there's no magical player that can somehow work that collection of moves into a defensive fortress that covers the whole screen. Combined, Axl has prodigy anti-air, but ground space control is only about as good as anyone else, and playing keepaway games will get you your ass kicked against anyone who knows what they're doing in the matchup (and isn't playing one of the aforementioned). You can especially see this in comparison to, for example, a Venom or Testament player, or Zappa with triplets. And Senkei: The real problem Axl has with pressure games is lack of a jab, in addition to lack of a reversal. Just to address the DP thing: any meaty is either a guessing game (If the move hits only in one of the areas that his DPs can be invulnerable. Protip: A lot of common meaties hit both) or you have to block. The DPs wouldn't be so bad if they were safe on block. Most DPs aren't, but most DPs also force the opponent to reconsider doing meaties sometimes. A counter (even the good one) can't be done against meaties, and can be very bad risk-reward otherwise (The good one can work, but you either have to spend meter or be in the right place and CH to do any damage, and it'll more often be an offensive move rather than a defensive one). For things like tickthrows and not-quite-blockstrings, a jab is a nice way to get out without risking much if you're wrong, something May, for example, can do, but Axl can't. \ Sytha: You make it sound like YOU'RE the one who made me give up on 214 counters, lol. If any Axl players are reading this: Don't use them, seriously.

i thought we were talking about the good match-ups where axl can actually keep them out of his grill. i didn't say i knew how to play axl. my bad if i walked on ground i shouldn't have. i am already aware of axl's bad up close game. Even his DAA is terrible. his anti-air is pretty damn beast and leads to high damage.his tech traps can lead to extended combos if the opponent doesn't have enough tension to fd he has great mind games with his unblockable and both of his cross up moves.. i hear you are coming to maryland. trying to get some games in with the md crew?

i thought we were talking about the good match-ups where axl can actually keep them out of his grill.

i didn't say i knew how to play axl. my bad if i walked on ground i shouldn't have. i am already aware of axl's bad up close game. Even his DAA is terrible.

his anti-air is pretty damn beast and leads to high damage.his tech traps can lead to extended combos if the opponent doesn't have enough tension to fd

he has great mind games with his unblockable and both of his cross up moves..

i hear you are coming to maryland. trying to get some games in with the md crew?

Well, I'm going to the inauguration and I'll be in town for a full week surrounding it. I wanna get matches in if at all humanly possible.

As an Axl player who switched to ABA, I mostly agree with Digital Watches but wanted to add one tidbit: 214P allows you punish Danzai with a knockdown combo, so it's not 100% useless. =P

As an Axl player who switched to ABA, I mostly agree with Digital Watches but wanted to add one tidbit: 214P allows you punish Danzai with a knockdown combo, so it's not 100% useless. =P

You can do much more damage with other options that take less time to execute, and still knock down. For example, if you block the first hit of Danzai, you can punish with a ton of different moves. If you IB it, you can run up (out of the second hit's range) if you're within 3 character widths of ABA. You can also use 623P-->FB, as the superflash will beat the super armor. Many of these options allow a BLoop in the corner for at least 50 more damage than 214P (depending on what you punish with). It's kind of like using it against VV. Sure it works, but it's not the best option by a long shot.

Well, I'm going to the inauguration and I'll be in town for a full week surrounding it. I wanna get matches in if at all humanly possible.

sounds hot dude. hope to fight this mysterious axl

Well with GG being at SBO again, I hope a Johnny player will actually make it this time. Maybe have a run like Bridget had. B- is a start right? :keke:

In a tier list where everyone else is B+ or better it's the same as saying D. Ogawa still had a 5 level list, just saying that no one is a terrible enough character to be C or D.

Johnny sucks, but he's cool as shit. Nuff said.

A team with 2 low tier characters is hardly a dream team IMO. Koichi actually teamed with Ogawa in SBO2 with Shuuto, but got knocked out 1st round by H.H.