koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

I feel with games like Guilty Gear, tier listings aren't particularly relevant. In some games it's good to know that the character you like to play is a gaurenteed loss against the upper brackets but that's not the case atleast in AC. I do recall a Zappa winning a tournament all the back in the #Reload days when he was scraping the bottom. Guilty Gear in general has a lot of diversity in tournaments other fighter games could never come close to. Not one 7-3 matchup in AC. Even Johnny who is probably the most over nerfed character right now has a few good matchups.

I believe Eddie vs Potemkin is 7-3 =3

Information from latest Arcadia Ogawa's ED diagram 6:4 SO KY MA MI CH FA BA JA AX AN VE TE SL IN BR RO 6.5:3.5 ZA DI 7:3 PO JO AB OS Nemo's TE diagram 4.5:5.5 ED 5:5 VE 5.5:4.5 SO MI AN IN BR AB DI OS 6:4 KY MA CH FA BA JA AX SL RO 7:3 PO JO 8:2 ZA

Great job Ogawa. 7:3 ED v. OS? I just don't see it.

Ogawa's ED diagram

6:4 SO KY MA MI CH FA BA JA AX AN VE TE SL IN BR RO

6.5:3.5 ZA DI

7:3 PO JO AB OS

that's pretty ridiculous haha

Great job Ogawa. 7:3 ED v. OS? I just don't see it.

Obviously, he is forgetting that scrap he had with KZO

/reaver

In all seriousness I can see it going that way. Unless Eddie gives you a chance to kill little eddie for free, you're basically forced into situations with out any safe ways out in every front, and between 6p, j.k, nobiru and 2h, closing a full screen gap on Eddie takes some serious caution.

Makes getting in on Testament feel like sex.

Which is why you don't approach Eddie from full screen when he's able to summon the shadow. J.K loses to j.P unless at absolute max range and he has to throw out 2H early; he can't use it as a reaction AA. 6P loses as AA and Nobiru is just...nobiru. :vbang:

I just don't see why it's that bad for HOS. The lack of range hurts, as always, but Eddie isn't that efficient at zoning. He puts HOS in the same situations he puts everyone else in: stop them from getting away, mix them up, unblockable, win game.

Depends on how you define reactionary AA. 6P will beat out stuff as long as its done early enough, especially stuff like IADs(but 2h will beat them as well and give much jucier combos). 2h will beat any kind of jump in that us read correctly, at least for any approach at a distance(ie not in your face). Basically the only time you can get in "for free" on eddie is if you are about 3/4 of the screen away and you predict a drill he doesn't frc. Other wise your best bet is going to be playing slowly and waiting for a chance to kill little eddie, unless you are just 100% in your opponents head and are able to get around potential zoning with little eddie. I guess I kinda of agree that 7:3 might be a bit harsh, but we have to remember this isn't and Eddie tierlist, it's and "Eddie as played by Ogawa" tier list, so it is biased by Ogawa not having access to a player base that is universally as good as him self and thus his skill as a fighting game player might fill in some of eddies potential holes giving him the ability to concieve the idea of a 7:3 ed:hos match. At the end of the day, I'll much rather fight eddies than chips/millias/mays

Between the last 2 tier lists and Ogawa's, I can't tell where the hell Millia is supposed to be. Goes from A to C to A again. I personally think she's mid to high B, but what do you guys think?

Nemo's TE vs ZA matchup ratio disturbs me. I believe testament is better, but my gosh it can't be that bad!! 8:2 really?

ED vs TE is 6:4? It's hard to believe TE has any problem dealing with anyone, even ED.

Obviously, he is forgetting that scrap he had with KZO

/reaver

The first thing that actually came into my mind;) Except I would've worded it more like:

This says he's wrong!

Quite honestly I don't know where Ogawa gets his mu insights from, but with Inoue's vs Eddie performance on the rise I wouldn't say that 7:3 is correct even for a Tokyo player's standpoint.

I've probably mentioned this before, but the major issue for OS vs Eddie is is that Eddie has a potential 350 damage mash(interrupt into mawaru loop + unblockable + H drill unblockable) while OS only has a potential 250 anti mash and in general; OS's anti mash options end up doing a lot less damage while Eddie's mawaru loop remains fairly consistent.

The first thing that actually came into my mind;) Except I would've worded it more like:

This says he's wrong!

Quite honestly I don't know where Ogawa gets his mu insights from, but with Inoue's vs Eddie performance on the rise I wouldn't say that 7:3 is correct even for a Tokyo player's standpoint.

I've probably mentioned this before, but the major issue for OS vs Eddie is is that Eddie has a potential 350 damage mash(interrupt into mawaru loop + unblockable + H drill unblockable) while OS only has a potential 250 anti mash and in general; OS's anti mash options end up doing a lot less damage while Eddie's mawaru loop remains fairly consistent.

That is a really really old video. From back when the game was new.

And besides, that's just showing one match. We'd need four more to get an accurate idea of the matchup and even that wouldn't really give solid information.

I refuse to believe Zappa has that bad of a matchup against Testament. Now granted I have yet to play a pro Zappa player but that matchup but I doubt Nemo has either with that estimation. A 7:3 is a horribly 1 sided matchup but even in capcom games the 8:2's are rare unless it's a totally broken title. I would believe a 7:3 but no 8:2.

what, do you think he just picked up the game last year or something? he's been playing for a long time, i'm pretty sure he knows exactly what he's talking about. i mean, it's fine to argue about perhaps why he would say a particular match-up has such a ratio, and why you specifically disagree, but just saying "no this guy has no idea" is flat-out ignorant.

what, do you think he just picked up the game last year or something? he's been playing for a long time, i'm pretty sure he knows exactly what he's talking about.

i mean, it's fine to argue about perhaps why he would say a particular match-up has such a ratio, and why you specifically disagree, but just saying "no this guy has no idea" is flat-out ignorant.

So you think he never makes mistakes? Are you as equally infallible? I don't see anything in your post that anymore resembles a discussion. There are a fair number of players who have played as long as he has who gives a less grim view of the matchup.

...I have yet to play a pro Zappa player but that matchup but I doubt Nemo has either...

enough said

good luck at life

Shrug.... Bjorn's statement is silly. But really, a 8:2? Something must give him reason. LoL now i wanna see him lose to zappa. Oh and about the HOS vs ED 7:3 Kaqn and him did play around what like 50 matches from that batch @ gamechariot? Ogawa won like 40 didn't he? 7:3 sounds kinda right

enough said

good luck at life

Now THAT part was sarcasm. None the less free xp to luck stat. Obviously he has played Zappas but like Senkei I would like to see some vids of this. It's not like we are talking about X2 Zappa.

Shrug.... Bjorn's statement is silly.

But really, a 8:2? Something must give him reason. LoL now i wanna see him lose to zappa.

Oh and about the HOS vs ED 7:3 Kaqn and him did play around what like 50 matches from that batch @ gamechariot? Ogawa won like 40 didn't he? 7:3 sounds kinda right

kaqn failed back then.

I guess so anyway back to the 8:2 teste zappa Mishima(te) must suck cause eki-chan(Za) just murdered him in the SBO quals