koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

More important question: So what? hypothetically, isn't a characters with only positive matchups except against the two top characters also a top character? :roll:

More important question: So what?

hypothetically, isn't a characters with only positive matchups except against the two top characters also a top character? :roll:

Hypothoticly, maybe...not necesarly. Just because a charcter is a good counter character for the best character in the game, it will not be enough to make him a top character if he has terrible matchups against all the others.

The only thing about the tier list I don't get is Slayer being in S tier where as Baiken is in A tier. If I recall correctly, Baiken is the only character with good matchups against both Eddie and Testament. Sure, Slayer can do retartedly high amounts of damage off of CHs without any meter, but I don't believe he has positive matchups against the two best characters in the game.

And so here, While Baiken has a better chance at beating the best characters in the game, Slayer has a better chance at beating more characters in the game overall. And that is what makes him get an overall higher ranking.

I feel guilty gear is more about match-ups then it is about Tiers. Tiers are good for finding overall rankings, but overall rankings dont really matter in a single fight, then only ranking that matters is the one about the 1 character you are fighting at that time. As such, sometimes a "low tier" character is good to pick, if they match up well against your oponents character.

Hypothoticly, maybe...not necesarly. Just because a charcter is a good counter character for the best character in the game, it will not be enough to make him a top character if he has terrible matchups against all the others.

Precisely. If some character was able to annihilate Eddie and Testament with ease every fight, people will simply stop picking Eddie and Testament and be able to wipe the floor with whoever the new "top-tier" character was.

GG isn't like many other games where the grand majority of competitive players all go for the couple of top-tier characters, so choosing a character on the basis that they're very good against one or two other character is just plain silly.

Characters that do well against already-top-tier characters tend to get bumped up in rank, just for that. Captain Falcon from Smash Bros. Melee is a great example of this. This tends to not be the case in GG, though. Not as often, anyway.

Characters that do well against already-top-tier characters tend to get bumped up in rank, just for that. Captain Falcon from Smash Bros. Melee is a great example of this.

This tends to not be the case in GG, though. Not as often, anyway.

who is Captin falcon good against?

Smash Bros Melee is pretty famous for having just a small handful of top-tier characters that are always picked in high-level play, though, isn't it? GG always seems to have a much larger spread of who is picked.

Guess I have to do Venom or some shit. PROS: + Nice variety of ranged pokes and attacks + Good pressure options in the corner with Stinger Aim and Carcass Ride trickery + Ball formations give him some of the best space controlling options in the game when used properly + 6P has more invul than it did in Slash, and the new gatling to 6HS increases damage potential and abare + 5S© now hits 3x even vs crouching characters, buying more charge time + 5HS stagger on normal hit leads to some goofy combos (dunno how easy they are to mash out of) + 2D is 2F faster than it's Slash version, giving Venom slightly better options for getting out of pressure + Dub Curve gives frame advantage on block again, leading to some stupid pressure options against characters with slow jumps. Can also be cancelled into other ball summons + Wallsplat from DAA is great for buying time for ball formations + FB Mad Struggle is pretty fast (14F) and leads to stupid combos anywhere on stage. Also offers big frame advantage on block + FB Double Head Morbid for damage and knockdown + FB Stinger/Carcass can be used to create stationary balls that can limit the opponent's mobility + New ability to move or use air attacks after Red Hail + Dark Angel is still probably the best super in the game + Weird hitbox makes Venom difficult for some characters to combo + Tricky options with Stinger/Carcass cancels CONS - Options for getting out of pressure/oki are still pretty shitty - Relatively slow tension gain - Relatively high execution demand for damaging combos - Attacks are somewhat lacking in priority (especially fucking 6HS....), and best pokes lose to a lot of characters' 6Ps - Damaging combos almost always require some sort of setup, which generally means you need to take early knockdowns and setup balls - Dub Curve only comboing off of 5HS normally is gay (again, might even be mashable) - 6P has less range than it's older version, so no more 6Ping Johnny's pokes for free anymore - S Carcass seems to offer less advantage, making it harder to combo after - Relearning ball formations sucks. A LOT Not gonna comment on match-ups since my local competition is pretty much non-existent.

Any pros/cons for Jam from pro players? I would love to read the pros/cons from the eyes of pros. rtl42: Holy shit! You live in Victoria, BC? That's where I live too! Good to see some homeboys.

Doren2k should do jam pros/cons

"...being a top player and being articulate and logical enough to explain exactly why you’re a top player are skill sets that generally do not go hand in hand." ~Sirlin

Just want to know in what areas Jam is especially strong or bad at. I have not played this game for long to see...you know? I know character's tier do not necessarily reflect everything. I mean, I will get shit owned by others who use d-rank tier character even if I used eddie becuase I suck...Let's just say newbie is being curious.

jam is like + punches you three times and you die + puff ball + puff ball + puff ball - takes damage - sounds like a dog

~~**JAM***~~ +Fast +Very fast normals +2P +6P +6H +FB Puffball +Tch, any Puffball +Charge attacks +Parry -Takes samage -Lacks range outside of Puffball and 6H 6H has magical range. It hits above her head for fucks sake! [EDIT - yeah, TAKES SAMAGE]

I'm not really good with Jam, but I have a few friends that are really good with her, so I'll just regurgitate what they said. I may forget a thing or two there, and do correct me if I completely miss something. Pro: -Arguably the best move in the game in the FB cannon. -Not a single move with forced prorate means high dmg off anything she lands. -Everything links into everything. Wasn't too big a deal in slash because you could just FD your way to safety, but now she has a much easier time getting to you and keeping you close, which means frame trap set ups are endless. -Mixup/crossup game is way up there with the best. Double cross up and feints are abundant. -Needs corner to do dmg at first sight, but since everything basically takes her across full screen, this is a non-issue. Jam can successfully defensive reversal in the corner and take a character straight across the screen and put that character into the corner. -Amazing air manuverbility and capabilities. Very few characters can beat Jam in the air. -Good tension gain. -High dmg loop for both ground and airborne targets. -Her standing stance is really good. Since her front foot is up, you have to hit her back foot to land a low. In certain situations (one i remember best is vs dizzy, so let's use that), if you successfully FD her jh on a wake up pressure, then there is no need to guess mix up, because 2k won't hit your back leg, so you can just block high and see if a fuzzy guard jp comes out. Specific Moves: +5p- 3 frames. Bad range, can spam, will miss almost all characters when crouching. Good AA. +5k- Amazing low, 90% prorate. +2h- Situational AA. Loop purposes. Untechable on counter. +2s- Perfect for frame trapping. Good amount of active frames allows speed slide baits. Pain in the ass for several characters against Jam. +2d- Fast and pretty good range. +6h- damages. Oh and phantom hit box. Think of this as slayer's jh, except it's horizontal. +js- 4 frames. Very few moves will win when the character is above her. +jd- pretty good retreat move due to range. Loop purposes. +FB cannon- I think everyone knows this one. +AD 214k- Best combo starter for Jam I believe, on top of being a mixup/crossup tool. +AD dp- Crossup tool, and occationally good for rushdown continuation. Con: -Bad range overall. Applies to all moves -Doesn't take damage too well, although not that bad honestly. -Can't really trade with normals as her hitbox is always where it seems to be (Unlike slayer, where hitting his hands won't do anything, you have to hit his actual body). -Really needs a card to open up all options (I don't really think this is a con though. I mean, how hard is it for Jam to get a knockdown anyways). -??? I can't think of anything else at the moment.

Offialiest Tier List that ever was: So When we LAST LEFT OUR EPISODE, Sol was atop of Fuck Mountain, he was haveing a merry time being KING. He loved being the king so much that he named himself Solodor, and rode tomas the tank engine train around Fuck Mountain, stopping only to get out and give some bitch aids. Then all of a sudden, the keeprs that be, THAT MAN, who we generally call "THE MAN" who obviously represents the white man, the greatest criminal in the earth, President of Sega came to ArcSys, and said "Make me a broken game, Slash is too boring" So ArcSys said yes, and Accent Core was born. LOUDLY AND RUDELY Sol was thrown off Fuck Mountain by Eddie who apparently is just a shadow or something , so he must be Sol's Shadow. However Sol was not to be let himself get kicked off of Fuck Mountain. No, Sol built himself a really big Sailboat, and he forded ontop of WhaleSex River, which leads into the basin of Fuck Mountain, which also connects to the Ocean of CutyourselfFuckingEmo. Captain Sol, crashed his sailboat which he named Justin Timberlake, and it hit the River causing a GookQuake, its basically has all the powers of a Korean, and an Earthquake, kind of like when Kim Kawpwan stomps on the floor. here Sol created a giant tower called Chris Benoit Yourself, where the sneetches from Dr. Suess live, the sneetches without stars on their bellies were so fucking racist that they took all the Gonzagas and Batmans and made them program Accent Core for the PS2, here Sol Badguy created the P-Tier, which stands for Playstation Tier: P-Tier: Sol, having lost his claim as King of Fuck Mountain, he now has claimed the King of Chris Benoit Yourself Tower, here he can do amazing things like Clean hit you twice and do Instant Kill Sidewinder. Ino- She was serving prostitution rings back in the valley of Fuck Mountain, when she saw Sol's Sailboat Justin Timberlake, she totally jumped on, and now she can fucking freeze the game every 1/100000000 time or if you dont use a HD loader. Buri- Some how Buridget got a new Yoyo, she made it out of the stones taken from the Fuck Mountain, now she serves as a desk attendant at the bottom of ChrisBenoitYourself Tower. Johnny-He doesnt really belong here, but May Punched him to the top of the tower, and now he can do Jackhound without tension. S-Tier, Stands for: Shoe Tier, bitches who wear shoes. Eddie: The New King of Fuck Mountain, mother fucker got himself some fuckin WOLVERINE BOOTS, those steel Toes, Fucking OWN WHEN HES DOING j.K Potemkin: Man have you seen the size of this nugga's shoes? they are fucking HUGEEEEEE. Potemkin started himself a factor of clothes for huge fuckers like himself at the valley of Fuck Mountain, it was called the shop for "Big and Tall and more Big" Testament: Unhappy with his current Goth Emo Kid look, Testament sailed out to the Ocean of CutyourselfFuckingEmo and got himself some Pimp ass shoes, in now he can infinitely kick you in the balls. Using these shoes he hikes up to the top of Fuck Mountain Everyday, but usually Eddie just throws him off of the mountain. Slayer: man he just has gold shoes. Hes like "I bought these a K-mart!" A-Tier: These are the kids who are still living in the valley of Fuck Mountain, known as Rape Village. Rape Village is usually quite these times of days, but recently its been getting rowdy now that ChrisBenoitYourself Tower moved next door. Jam: Jam moved to rape village cause she really loves Ky, and loves putting it in his pooper. Slayer decided to give Jam his old shoes, and now Jam has Pilebunker you right in the Fuck. Baiken: Shes got flip flops so she dont have no fuckin shoes, so she can only live peacefully in Rape Village. All of her moves lies in her kicks, but she can't always win cause shes wearing flip flops. Order Sol: He's building his own sailboat in his backyard in Rape Village, however he doesnt really know if it will float since he made it out of Steel. May: May was hungry one day, and decided to eat some Rock Soup. Johnny was like Shit I aint gonna tap someone who eats that shit, so May was like fuck you and Punched Johnny right out of Rape Village all the way back up to the top of ChrisBenoitYourself Tower. B-Tier: These guys live in Bitchsville which is approx 30 minute drive from Rape Village and Fuck Mountain. People who play these characters Bitch to NO END, about how their character blows dickshit. Everyone not living in Rapeville or Fuck Mountain or Benoit Tower or Zanzibar. Just Plain Fucking Blows Tier: These guys dont even live on the same island as Fuck Mountain, they moved to like the Zanzibar and made a living there: Chipp: He is trying to learn japanese, but unfortunately he only took a plane ticket to the Zanzibar, which might as well have been a one way ticket to dogshit. Next Episode: The Suburbs of Bitchsville.

Basic program for one I1n Koreaman: 10: Run /Drunk-motherfucker. 20: Eat Some Kimchi 30: Pwn bitches at CS. 40: Make greatest post in history of dustloop. 50: Goto = 10. I <3 Jason.

Basic program for one I1n Koreaman:

10: Run /Drunk-motherfucker.

20: Eat Some Kimchi

30: Pwn bitches at CS.

40: Make greatest post in history of dustloop.

50: Goto = 10.

I <3 Jason.

I think it's SC(star craft) not CS(counter strike) even though they are good at both of them :v:

I think it's SC(star craft) not CS(counter strike) even though they are good at both of them :v:

J1n much prefers the gourmet taste of "cappin fuckers in their dome" as opposed to the overused korean cuisine of "zerg rushes"

I am...humbled. Someone who can draw needs to make a map of that whole place with icons indicating points of interest. Mike Z