koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

I think people have gotten the hang of playing against Potemkin there, so they generally know how to avoid his heavy damage and that kinda reduces his effectiveness quite a bit. And well, Eddie, he has several pretty good normals along side his little Eddie game, not to mention the stupid durillus:P

sol an chipp as good as potemkin :\

it's like impossible to believe in this, but well, it's only ogawa's opinion.

LMAO @ ONLY ogawa's opinion! I'll take his word over anyone on this forum.

im pretty sure you guys can all agree with me here. in accent core, you get hit by a random jab XXXXXXX you lose half life.

Nono, you get hit with a CH j.H from Slayer and lose half your life. You get hit with an FB puffball and lose half your life... You get hit with CH Fafnir and lose half your life. Off of random, tiny pokes, you might take 100 damage. Maybe. But, for example, no one would do a huge, resource-intensive combo off a wimpy, prorating 5P... But yes, damage in this game is pretty silly. I'm a scrub, but my O-Sol busts out half-life combos all the time...

haha i would like to let you know that ive done 50% off of i-no's 5p =P jam can convert 2k 2d into crazy damage given the right set ups and may can turn 2k 2d into crazy damage given the right set ups sol does wild throw and you lose like 40% life

so back to tier discussion. eddie really is god tier in accent core. you can't really even put testament in the same league. testament loses to axl and he has a harder time zoning than eddie does. Eddie is a lot harder to block, does more damage, dizzies characters alot easier and doesn't have any bad match ups. seeing ogawa play makes eddie look more broke that he already is. i can imagine those people fighting ogawa they must be like : "shit i got put in this damn block string again" and when they get out, they're like: "shit i got deez big ass drills to worry about"

No way should Sol be anywhere near Pot in a tier list. If Sol were as good as Pot I might actually win matches :v:

No way should Sol be anywhere near Pot in a tier list. If Sol were as good as Pot I might actually win matches :v:

I don't see why Sol is credited as being so bad :psyduck: He has solid damage, crazy abahre, a command grab, VV, options galore. I think Sol players try and make sound worse than he really is.

I was kidding; I'm not on a level yet where I can blame his limitations as opposed to lack of experience. That said, Potemkin seems to have a lot more favorable matchups than Sol, which would put him in a different tier.

"Huge damage" off a prorating 2K? Now this I'd like to see... Still, damage in this game is ludicrous. But, the freeform combos are part of why I love it.

2K,2H,BBU (fill in blanks)

I don't actually think Slayer 2k prorates as much as others do, but still.. lol.

yeah, 2k (I'm pretty sure) doesn't really prorate. Most of his proration comes from 2H (80%) which is a huge staple in his combos. Without that proration, his average damage would be (even more) gamebreaking. :psyduck:

"Huge damage" off a prorating 2K? Now this I'd like to see... Still, damage in this game is ludicrous. But, the freeform combos are part of why I love it.

Not sure how much other characters get off 2K, but Slayer's 2K only prorates 90% so with bar you can pretty easily do something like 2K > 2D RC 5H into whatever style of air combo you prefer for around 210+ damage if you were anywhere near something resembling a corner.

Most Characters have 2Ks that prorate 70% Some have 80%. The ones that don't hit low even prorate I think. Like Eddie's. Slayer kinda lacks Proration in general. j.H, 2H (forced), 2K, Undertow, Bite and Pilebunker are it I think. Edit:I guess his is 6 frames. I thought it was 5. Still other characters have slower ones that prorate a lot more with less range.

However, characters like Millia, Chip, and I-no's great mixup don't really account for the lack of damage they deal and the more damage they receive.

You are aware that I-No's B&B combos net between 230 and 280 damage right? She has other combos that can reach past the 300 mark and aren't impossible to pull off in a match. Beyond that, even the low damage throw combos end in a knockdown or a reset setup.

I-No's defense isn't exactly shit either.

As an I-No player I've always thought that I-No's low tier rank was because of the lack of priority on her moves, the fact that everything she does requires tension, and her lacking a good poke.

I agree. I can definitely say that I-no hits like a tank. I've experienced it. And yeah unfortunately for her she can definitely be outpoked.

2K,2H,BBU (fill in blanks)

I don't actually think Slayer 2k prorates as much as others do, but still.. lol.

Touche. But what of Slayer's doesn't deal huge damage? The original post said something about Jam 2K 2D into huge damage, which I thought was dubious... At least, probably not worth the resources.

Touche. But what of Slayer's doesn't deal huge damage? The original post said something about Jam 2K 2D into huge damage, which I thought was dubious... At least, probably not worth the resources.

It leads to charged Ryujin, which leads to wall combo, knockdown and possibly dizzy.