koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

counter hits are common in guilty gear

True, I should have been more specific. Slayer needs CH on specific moves...

like for instance 2h/j.h/6h/6p/dandy anything/mappa and whatever else is sweet on CH. Can't always poke with such things.

SV doesn't lead to you getting CH'ed...

Ok since my post got deleted, let me actually clarify why your statement made no sense.

I-no gets counterhit a LOT. It is the nature of her game to eat pokes to her face every once in a while.

Now read my post again and understand why I said what I said. And SV is shit against I-no anyway.

Ok since my post got deleted, let me actually clarify why your statement made no sense.

I-no gets counterhit a LOT. It is the nature of her game to eat pokes to her face every once in a while.

Now read my post again and understand why I said what I said. And SV is shit against I-no anyway.

Mine got deleted too, so no worries...

I read it asif you said it's easy for I-no to get CHs in her favor, which would imply you trying to interrupt her etc etc. If you're gonna interrupt you should do it proper. Though the case you present would be a whole other story though.

Robo-Ky.

Also Sol sometimes.

Give specific examples please?

The ammount of counter hits obviously depends on how well your opponent knows the match up. If they know how to deal with things like STBT(S), j.D, f.S, and dives then obviously I-No isn't going to get anything but punished. If they don't however, and guess wrong, her counter hits can't put her in a really good position.

(save maybe 6H's CH off a wiffed STBT(H) FRC throw because often that puts them out 5K range, the only thing 6H can cancel into.)

What I'm saying with the reversals is that Robo-Ky is significantly harder to do reversal-safe pressure/oki against because his uppercut comes out in 3 frames. With Sol it depends on how much of a risk the Sol player is willing to take and how tight your setup is. If he's willing to take the risk of using HS VV to reverse instead of S VV, it becomes harder to do safe pressure because the HS VV is faster. As far as the stuff about I-no earning counterhits, I was talking about I-no getting counterhit out of her pressure, not the other way around.

is this robo-ky thing all in theory? cause i just tried to do it against a standard i-no oki and ended up eating shit every time. even when the uppercut passes through her note leaves you wide open to get combo'd. i know the sol one works because i've ate that stupid move countless times. ABA's keygrab can do the same thing if timed right too. Anji's tornando uppercut kind of move can work as well. about the CH stuff, what I said still applies the same exact for her pressure. if it's applied properly, the only time she'll get counter hit is with risky moves like STBT, jD or dives. Honestly, other than STBT, most of her pressure fuck ups result in a throw. if you're scoring counter hits against her pressure then it's because the player isn't applying it right or because they don't know the match up well enough to know which strings are safe or don't push you out of range. (while still in thiers) EDIT: don't take this wrong, I'm not trying to debate you. I asked for examples so I could go into training mode and figure out how to deal with them. Especially Robo-Ky. I have very little experince against him.

The main problems you get about being CH are when you go for mixups, since you generally need to be pretty close to get an effective mixup that is hard to block. Once you're in close proximity you have to deal with fast pokes from certain characters. This is mostly just my experience with the matchup and I've played it with Sol and HOS, who both have 3-frame 5K to interrupt crap with.

Hehe, just noticed what you did up front, great job!! I don't know if those are ever going to get translated but I don't think the Japanese will disagree with me too much. :gonk:

If they do, fuck em. :keke:

My rankings on Faust.

* Average damage C: Standard B&B combos rarely do over 150 but are easy.

* Max damage C: Tension & set-ups play a large role in dealing huge damage, which sucks. Getting past 220 on a normal life bar is hard if 6HS isn't involved.

* Pokes A+: One of Faust's best tools. Multiple answers for progression in the air and ground (FDC j.HS, 2hs, 5s[far], 41236k). And can easily score hits from medium to medium-far range.

* Pressure B: Depending on what items are around can greatly effect how Faust's pressure is carried out. But he can keep the heat on when need be with great normal cancels(2hs->2p,5s->2k)and the ability to cancel them into item's .

* Mixup B+: Good mixup's with fast overheads, cross-ups and Mettakiri. Plenty of gimmicks to use: FDC shenanigans, Mettakiri tricks and door frc's just to name a few. It would be better if this lead into great damage, hence why it's not S.

* Okizeme B:Not bad because of fdc j.k and meaty 2k which is really all purpose, and he has a few options to bait and render DP's useless(ex.Fdc j.D crossup feint)

* Against ground A: The ability to lay the law down with bomb bags, j.d's and j2k's makes this a strong point for Faust. But nothing tops the almighty amazing Air Pogo that has amazing speed, range and priority!

* Against air A(A+): I think this should be at least A+ since he has about 3 great anti-airs(2k,6p,5k) and one good(2s) that have answers for just about every character.It all just comes down to: Timing + Move recognition = Application.

* Breaking out of pressure D: Yeah he sucks pretty bad at this. Lacking speed and fast methods of escaping pressure, combined with a nice sized hitbox makes Faust a great target for getting locked down.

* Defense C: Average guts, average dizzy rating, average life bar, all average.

* In general situations A: He can zone everyone in the cast very well. With careful, but safe poke placements and intelligent item usage the only one better than him at it is Testament.

* Overall rank B: Has a good fighting chance against anyone in the game and can be overwhelming at times due to his random zoning applications and properties.

* Good matchups:Potemnkin, Dizzy,Ino. Even those don't reach to the 6-4 level. He's pretty much even with most of the cast.

* Bad matchups:Chipp, Testament, Millia : Basically anyone who can zone better than him or eliminate it completely due to pure speed and mobility.

Bang!

Looks good Koogs. Anji is not lowest tier. =P Hell, he's 3x better than /Dizzy. Oh that poor girl...robot...RobotGirl.