koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

well i-no doesn't really have pressure, and if she does, she has it a lot against characters without fast pokes because its dangerous to get a trade or counter with jk/jd . on chars with uppercuts i-no gets the pressure she should be doing. i block reversal hsvv's and svv's all day on oki; the only time i get hit by those is when i mis-time my oki. i-no has other options on characters with uppercuts anyways.

they will stop i-no resets. correction and if the i-no player knows you like to 6p she can stoke right underneath it for a free counterhit and 60% of your health

they will stop i-no resets. correction

and if the i-no player knows you like to 6p she can stoke right underneath it for a free counterhit and 60% of your health

Resets? Wha? I'm just saying if I-no's comes in and attack, 6p and 5p will stop her. Also stbt a 6p is rare because their full of inv frames and will use it while I-no is in the air not on the ground.

Or am I missing something -- what other kind of counter is there? No one can counter anybody during a attack string with no holes except for baiken.

he's presuming you aren't reacting to the dash and continually mashing buttons... I think.

Resets? Wha? I'm just saying if I-no's comes in and attack, 6p and 5p will stop her. Also stbt a 6p is rare because their full of inv frames and will use it while I-no is in the air not on the ground.

he's assuming that you know very basics of i-no. you're not going to 6P because her dash in attack is goin to connect while you're forced to still be blocking the note.

BX3, I-No has literally tons of resets, pretty much any I-No player has to have a few up his sleeve otherwise it makes winning a match alot harder. Most people go for throw resets but chemical love and stbt also have sweet reset setups. here is an example of a reset: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E0mzteN5fs

(no one needs to point out if they tech forward it wouldn't of worked, I'm aware of that)

another example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKV8_GrHcXY (@0:11)

Or am I missing something -- what other kind of counter is there? No one can counter anybody during a attack string with no holes except for baiken.

every charachter has a dead angel attacks.

Funny, I didn't notice when the thread title changed to "I-No Strategy and Tactics."

I think it's a symptom of playing I-No. I-No players love to talk about her. Or atleast I do.

I-No players are rightfully showoffy... Anyone who can HCL FRC air dash has bragging rights... And gets to use them whenever, to talk about his/her character. Everything an I-No says has the subtext: "I can do HCL6FCR6 and you can't!"

Oh, it's just executionally difficult. If they want bragging rights they should be playing Venom. He's ACTUALLY hard.

he's assuming that you know very basics of i-no. you're not going to 6P because her dash in attack is goin to connect while you're forced to still be blocking the note.

In that case just counter the note before it comes out.

Anyways he said nothing about notes so how was I suppose to know? And of course players cant counter while in block stun. I just said that in my previous post.

As for resetting (didnt know that was the technical term combo-ing after they tech) I was clearly talking about ground based moves so his statement still doesn't make sense -- Unless there's some secret code I dont know that lets players tech on the ground.

Oh, it's just executionally difficult. If they want bragging rights they should be playing Venom. He's ACTUALLY hard.

Its two different type of hard. IDK if its possible to compair. 1 is "Fuck if I whiff I loose half life" That being venom. And the other is "Fuck if I cant do this 20 hit combo that has about five 360 motions with 4 frames to dash I wont kill him"

yooo i would love to have bragging rights for playing venom. that man is godly

i-no dashing in to attack on a grounded opponent is :psyduck:.

stbt will beat just about every 6p/5p for a free counterhit.stbt is a low and because the general knowledge is that 6p has upper body to above the knees invincibility, it does not cover the feet therefore these inv. frames don't mean shit.

and on oki your 6p/5ps don't mean shit because they have start up.

i-no can attack from across the screen. a good amount of characters have to go to her in order to get their damage therefore they are in a bad position at the start where it is easier to for her to bait than for you to bait.

i-no dashing in to attack on a grounded opponent is :psyduck:

Yes because I-no is always far enough to shoot notes. =/

stbt will beat just about every 6p/5p for a free counterhit.stbt is a low and because the general knowledge is that 6p has upper body to above the knees invincibility, it does not cover the feet therefore these inv. frames don't mean shit.

I know this. Did you not read what I just said. 6P would come after I-nos ground to air dash. Oh wait nvm you always have time to shoot a note first...

and on oki your 6p/5ps don't mean shit because they have start up.

Thats true but about half the cast or more has wake up BS to stop oki.

i-no can attack from across the screen. a good amount of characters have to go to her in order to get their damage therefore they are in a bad position at the start where it is easier to for her to bait than for you to bait.

Like who? Chipp? Slayer? Jam? They all destroy I-no. And lets not forget that I-nos not really a character that wants to zone alot. She wants to be inside. Wait what does this have to do with counters. Forget this last paragraph because its not on topic really.

she doesn't always have to shoot notes. either way she can run away no wake up bs is going to stop i-no because her oki is anti-reversal. robo ky might be the only one. if you don't have 50% tension to make your foolish attempt to stop i-no oki in order to make your reversal safe, you just took damage that could've possibly been avoided. jam, chipp nor slayer destroy i-no. i-no has a really good back dash airdash and ways to get around the opponent. if you know guilty gear i-no IS a zoning character. she scores a knockdown by you either getting thrown, hcl'd or poked into a knockdown. but yeah lets stop this argument because it has nothing to do with tiers. its more of a gameplay discussion kinda thing.

no wake up bs is going to stop i-no because her oki is anti-reversal. robo ky might be the only one. if you don't have 50% tension to make your foolish attempt to stop i-no oki in order to make your reversal safe, you just took damage that could've possibly been avoided.

Pics or it didnt happen. Your saying saying Sol/ky/chipp uppercut, millia roll, potemkin/zappa back dash/testament teleport counter ect ect ect who get them out of I-no's oki? And no I'm not talking about notes here. We already covered that.

I find this VERY hard to believe.

jam, chipp nor slayer destroy i-no. i-no has a really good back dash airdash and ways to get around the opponent. if you know guilty gear i-no IS a zoning character. she scores a knockdown by you either getting thrown, hcl'd or poked into a knockdown.

You say lets stop but you made worse. lol Anyways big difference of opinion here because Notes are useless against chipp and Jam/Slayer can easily dizzy anyone let alone I-no who dizzies easily.

if i-no does jk/js/jhs close to the ground it will bait any reversal. you can test it yourself. notes aren't useless in any match. slayer hardly dizzies characters. maryland is sol state man.

Pics or it didnt happen. Your saying saying Sol/ky/chipp uppercut, millia roll, potemkin/zappa back dash/testament teleport counter ect ect ect who get them out of I-no's oki? And no I'm not talking about notes here. We already covered that.

Notes ARE I-No's okizeme.

In that case just counter the note before it comes out.

Name 1 tensionless move capable of countering a note that can be done on wake up before a properly timed note connects?

Even if you were able to counter the note, it's not very likely that the I-No player would continue to dash in. Our entire gameplan is based on scoring a knockdown to set up for Oki. Just about every I-No player on the planet that is halfway decent has learned the hard way what happens when you dash in without a note. Even if the note was trying to bait a jump, once you see any indication of things not going as plan your 66 turns into a 66+44. Most I-No players can read that situation above any other because it's so vital.

Theres a reason people say she has 3rd best Oki in the game. Infact the only charachter who I think has better Oki is Dizzy, simply because she has so many options.

Name 1 move capable of countering a note that can be done on wake up before a properly timed note connects

1. Backdashes, especially Slayer and his wacky BDC stuff

2. Dragon punches, especially Chipp's with 25% tension to FRC and be safe

3. Millia's roll, similar above-feet invuln stuff such as Slayer's BBU

4. Wakeup supers from quite a bit of the cast

5. Baiken just up and blocking and preparing to guard cancel. I guess this one doesn't really count, but it so does.

I said countering it. Not avoiding it. IE cancelling out like fireball vs fireball. I also said tensionless but I think you started to respond before I edited it. Seriously, who's going to use a wake up super against a Note?

I-no's totally do naked (without note) hoverdash j.s I-no's totally do redashes during mixup j.s block land hoverdash j.k j.s/j.k block land 2k hoverdash j.k I-no's oki is the best in the game.

@bucklemyshoe: We already said about 3 times now that note --> combo is not getting countered. You said it, Whytesakura said it, and I agreed to it. I'm not trying to be a butt hole. This point should already be established by now.

Our entire gameplan is based on scoring a knockdown to set up for Oki.

I've seen plenty of I-no's double dash or VCL after knockdown so thats not entirely true. Also if the other player is in the corner 9/10 times a note isnt coming.

Name 1 tensionless move capable of countering a note that can be done on wake up before a properly timed note connects?

can testament warrant it? just wondering (i don't actually know, off-hand).

(and whytesakura can you plz stop double-posting so much? thx in advance)

Warrant doesnt trigger till frame 4 (according to the frame data) , so no, it wouldnt be a viable option against a well timed note

I-No players are rightfully showoffy... Anyone who can HCL FRC air dash has bragging rights... And gets to use them whenever, to talk about his/her character. Everything an I-No says has the subtext: "I can do HCL6FCR6 and you can't!"

LOL....then what about the people who play both I-no and Venom....?

*raises hand*