koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

I'll be back for Evo 2010. Baiken vs. my ABA is roughly 11/-1 in Baiken's favor even with Tequila assist, mostly because we have zero Baikens around here. But I had my horrible 5K oki ready for your Baiken if I saw you in tourney. :) I'm sure you were ready to Sakura or Baku some Danzai. See you next year.

May Vs I-no and Anji are matchups that border on 8-2. It goes far and away beyond the damage she can do, and has much more to do with the fact that may has basic setups and decisions that completely shut down their entire game.

I disagree completely here. Anji and I-no can both fight May, it's just harder because they can't use their normal gameplan to do so. I-no has AA options (6P and airthrow) and can zone May with notes to keep her out, and if May gets knocked down then she's just another character without a DP to I-no. The Anji fight feels like 6-4 at worst...I've never understood how a smart Anji would do so badly. May excels at punishing stuff that Anji shouldn't be doing in the first place (random Fujin stuff, etc.).

The only fight I can see in this game being worse than 6.5-3.5 is Eddie v. Pot.

Moroha + how-to-rave assist would have won Evo foh sho.

May never EVER needs to jump at Ino at all. She can jump away all day and play the J.HS game to Ino. If Ino throws notes she can jump away or over them and Ino can not advance forward becuase of 2HS or J.HS. Of course if Ino is right near or under May then that is a different story but May can turtle that match up all day and never have to chase Ino.

may can't really turtle i-no. i-no takes advantage of turtlers. even if may avoids the note, if she's in the air, that gives i-no space to approach for either an airthrow, j.p, j.hs. normals i-no has to worry about on the ground mostly is 5hs. nothing else for the most part. may can sit there and spam j.hs; i-no in turn can sit there and spit notes and hcl. who has to come to who now?

-_- I still dont think Johnny is bottom. and whos top again? cause i remember 1 tier list said eddie, but i see testament at the top. which one would u consider to be top?

When is the next tier list update?

Most likely there will be another list in Arcadia made up by top players sometime after SBO, which will likely be the definitive list for AC. That is, unless the GGXX series refuses to die and AC becomes a cult classic much like ST has.

A Block - FAB (PO) / RF (FA) / Karun (JA) vs. Kazuki (DI) / Kawin (PO) / Inoue (OS)

B Block - Satou (JO) / Chonari (ZA) / Mugen (BR)vs. Ruki (DI) / Tsujikawa (SL) / Koto (BA)

C Block - Shounen (TE) / Woshige (MI) / N-O (VE) vs. Kazuna (BA) / Samitto (CH) / Kedako (MA)

D Block - Koichi (IN) / Haaken (PO) / Kishitaka (SO) vs. LOX (JA) / Isamu (VE) / Roy (SO)

Let's look at the top 8 teams @ SBO....

3 Potemkin (out of 8)

2 Jam

2 Dizzy (out of 8)

2 Venom

2 Baiken

2 Sol

1 Faust

1 HOS

1 May

1 Chipp

1 Johnny (out of 1)

1 Zappa

1 Bridget

1 Slayer (out of 8)

1 Ino

1 Testament

1 Millia

0 Eddie (out of 9)

0 Anji

0 Ky

0 Robo-Ky

0 ABA

0 Axl

Good stuff... :thumbu:

Let's look at the top 8 teams @ SBO....

3 Potemkin (out of 8)

2 Jam

2 Dizzy (out of 8)

2 Venom

2 Baiken

2 Sol

1 Faust

1 HOS

1 May

1 Chipp

1 Johnny (out of 1)

1 Zappa

1 Bridget

1 Slayer (out of 8)

1 Ino

1 Testament

1 Millia

0 Eddie (out of 9)

0 Anji

0 Ky

0 Robo-Ky

0 ABA

0 Axl

Good stuff... :thumbu:

This is really a skewed view based on a lot of factors:

1. You can only have one character on a team.

2. There's no way to factor in a dead weight character (its entirely possible that say a potemp got to top 8 without ever winning a game for his team)

3. The team setup encourages variety in both character style and matchup coverage. A charcter like potemkin is amazing on a team, because you have a high chance to pick a favorable matchup for him, by the same token, you can try to hide characters from their bad matchups.

I think SBO results are a nice primer to tier theory and possible balance, but you really can't put a lot of stock into what characters made it to the top 8 as an argument for or against balance.

0 eddie 0 slayer 0 jam 0 baiken

:[

Posted Image

lol I kid, I kid. I'm just so happy to see my main in the finals of SBO this year I can't help myself!

not a bad spread. i guess we'll have to draw our own conclusions once the digital versatile discs are out. it will be entertaining if nothing else.

2. There's no way to factor in a dead weight character (its entirely possible that say a potemp got to top 8 without ever winning a game for his team)

3. The team setup encourages variety in both character style and matchup coverage. A charcter like potemkin is amazing on a team, because you have a high chance to pick a favorable matchup for him, by the same token, you can try to hide characters from their bad matchups.

I think SBO results are a nice primer to tier theory and possible balance, but you really can't put a lot of stock into what characters made it to the top 8 as an argument for or against balance.

This can be true to an extent but I doubt any of those players are dead weight. I don't think very many OCV's went on this year anyway(except for the foreign teams i guess)

It's a theory in itself but how can Johnny, Bridget and Zappa be a team that is formed through the basis of match-up countering? You know bad match-ups aren't that serious in AC, you just need to know the match-up, not be a victim to the numbers behind it.

I'm no expert but I would say that, despite the team format, "0 out of 9 eddies in top 8" is a notable statistic.

I'm pretty sure he was just posting that because it's pretty amusing, rather than a definitive showing of how balanced AC is.

Although it does, to a certain extent show balance in the game.