koogy

GG:AC Official Tier List Thread

I was referring to the U.S. Sorry.

I knew I would forget to say that in my original post. lol

Very few player's play their characters well enough in the U.S to back up this tier list..

Competition is simply too thin here, and we're too far apart. I'd put money on the fact that not single region in America has full character representation.. Most don't even have 23 players of similar level.. and often times characters overlap (IE 2-3 players playing the same character).

You guys nuthug Japan alot. :l

Why even have the topic if it's just gonna be "lol we're not japan so we shouldnt speak"

the problem is most of the top players in the US have at least a few characters that they have NO solid competition in so we CAN'T know how all the matchups work, and we certainly can't figure them all out in a couple day event at EVO. Additionally to truly get the matchups right we'd need multiple high tier players for each character, we're lucky to have one. I know even for my own character I can't say more than bad, evenish, good, I couldn't even come close to putting numbers on those.

...............I'm now confused by the logic behind the "Japanese must make the tier list thing"..... it doesn't really make sense, if america/insertcountryhere makes a tier list that's different than the Japanese one, then wouldn't it still be more relevant than some other country with a different play style?

in short:

american tier list= more relevant to America

Japanese tier list= more relevant to Japanese

if you don't like it play better, move to Japan.

American tier list

S: Matchups I've never played

A: Matchups I've played once or twice

B: Baiken

C: Matchups I play everyday

American tier list

honestly I would have thought:

S: characters played by players way better than me

A: that character that douche uses, because he doesn't want to look like a tierwhore but still use a hight tier

B: everyother character

C: the character my brother uses

Yo smoosh. Think we're playing a different game over here or something?

Don't get on dat American exceptionalism bandwagon, son.

sorry, I just say America since I live there, I just mean that a different region/country/whatever might have a different over all result from another. I don't think we're playing a different game, maybe a different approach, but a large majority of people I talk to seem to think that Japan is some kind of super-human-fighting gameland from beyond the rift.:psyduck: sure they might be better, so maybe at their level of play they see the characters differently. Like (hypothetically) at low level play (not japan I guess) peopl might just see baiken's counters as useless and crappy, and see Anji's GP's as near-broken.... but at high level play (nipon) they see the opposite...

but that's a hypothetical situation I spent about 10 seconds on....:vbang:

Why even have the topic if it's just gonna be "lol we're not japan so we shouldnt speak"

That sounds somewhat true to me, and it makes me sad.

Most Americans' gameplan against Eddie is still "flail around aimlessly until he puts me in mixup, which I block wrong and die, all the while blaming the game for my incompetence."

American tier list

Sounds pretty accurate. I'd change it to...

B: Matchups I play everyday against people who are good

C: Matchups I play everyday against people who aren't

C-: My character

D: Button mashers

Sounds pretty accurate. I'd change it to...

D: Button mashers

button mashers are D tier, i love GG :yaaay:

button mashers are D tier, i love GG :yaaay:

I was always under the impression that button mashers were like F+ or E- tier, seeing as they'er not really playing the game, just pressing buttons, doing random commands and combos unintentionally ...

Button mashers are something separate from the earthly-bound tiers. Like a God-tier, but profane.

Then there are those guys who actively use gimmicks (works best if you've never played their character too).

I was always under the impression that button mashers were like F+ or E- tier, seeing as they'er not really playing the game, just pressing buttons, doing random commands and combos unintentionally ...

Ugh, fine, here:

D: Button mashers using Potemkin

E: Button mashers

Roll tier: Most household pets

INDISPUTABLE!

for christ's sake, just because someone posts a tier list for the sake of analogy doesn't mean EVERYONE has to start making their own tier list >=| knock it off already.

Button mashers are something separate from the earthly-bound tiers. Like a God-tier, but profane.

Button mashers are god tier in Tekken if they're using Eddy.

Sorry, just reflecting on a personal experience with a friend who accidentally picked Eddy. God damn that was funny.

Millia A tier? WTF??

Millia's been A tier, it's more like the other top characters (aside from :TE: and :ED:) got moved down. The tiers now resemble something like:

S: Godlike mixups + Oki + zoning + 100% combos from anywhere

A: Godlike mixups / Oki

B: 100% combos

C: Nearly everyone else.

It's then clear that mixups and oki are more important to tier placement than damage. This makes sense when you consider the defensive slant of top-level GG, and of top-level fighting game play in Japan in general.

Millia's been A tier, it's more like the other top characters (aside from :TE: and :ED:) got moved down. The tiers now resemble something like:

S: Godlike mixups + Oki + zoning + 100% combos from anywhere

A: Godlike mixups / Oki

B: 100% combos

C: Nearly everyone else.

It's then clear that mixups and oki are more important to tier placement than damage. This makes sense when you consider the defensive slant of top-level GG, and of top-level fighting game play in Japan in general.

Wouldn't this make I-No A tier? She has good mixups and oki right?

Needs a better oki-projectile and some buff normals.