Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellfromabove

Henderson/ Las Vegas Area

Hey I live in the vegas area and thought id introduce myself to any fellow players. Also I know this is kinda sudden but does anyone know of ANY tournaments going on in the area? A friend and i are considering going to evo to play casuals and maybe even enter the tourney to see how we do. Only thing is I really dont want evo to be first tourney I go to plus it would just be cool to meet some fellow players in the area. Thank you. Im always up for a match so if youre interested just pm GT: Balmung92, look forward to really getting into the community.

I just seen this post, but I would have said there was a BBCT tourney this past Saturday at the CCSN Anime Vegas meeting. If you are looking for other pople to play in BB or GG, check these two sites:

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Fighters_Utopia/

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=181684

A lot of the local players post there and we get weekly/bi-weekly gatherings for casuals. Plus if you looking to get a practice tourney before Evo we are getting a group to go to Pheonix for Devestation.

I'm from the Vegas area, and @Macc, I was one of the people working at that cafe with the BBCT tourney, and I was one of the Noels. Do remember that the BB tourney continues this Saturday, as soon as our cafe opens up, so about 10AM, that way we can finish that and then prep up for SFIV~ Hello to any local players! If you'd like to meet up, I'll be at the Anime Vegas screening this Saturday, I'm the girl with the back and red hair~

Hey guys, just moved into town today. Didn't check this thread for a long time because I forgot i made it... Anyway, if anyone wants to hang out just let me know. We'll get some games in or just chill. -Tha Hindu

I'm from the Vegas area, and @Macc, I was one of the people working at that cafe with the BBCT tourney, and I was one of the Noels.

Do remember that the BB tourney continues this Saturday, as soon as our cafe opens up, so about 10AM, that way we can finish that and then prep up for SFIV~

Hello to any local players! If you'd like to meet up, I'll be at the Anime Vegas screening this Saturday, I'm the girl with the back and red hair~

Ah word. Don't think I got a chance to shoot the breeze with ya, but always great to meet others supporting the gaming community. I really liked the cafe setup and hospitality. Although it was kinda unfortunate that we couldn't get too hype because of the volume :keke:. I didn't get a chance to stop down there this past Saturday, but thanks again for running the BBCT. I passed on the good word to some other SF4 players so hopefully some of them showed up for that.

Honestly I played like shit in the BBCT the month before :psyduck:. I got two tournament modes 'do awesome' or 'play like shit' and I sided with the later. I have since moved on to BBCS where Tager is much more fun to play anyways. Speaking of which look here in the next day or two for a tourney annoucement of similar subject material.

Stopped by GO_ today. Place is pretty cool and the employees were hella chill and laid back. Treated me like I was one of the guys. Love the place. Saw ruin there for a bit while he ate his food. I'll try to stop back down either tomorrow or Wednesday night if school doesn't go on too late but realistically I won't be back there until probably Friday night. I'll bring my PC as well for people that want to play CS. I only have one stick though so if others could bring their sticks that would help a lot. -Tha Hindu

Melty Blood Actress Again & BlazBlue Continuum Shift Tournament @ Game Over 4/3/10

Game Over

3310 S Nellis Blvd Ste 20

Las Vegas, NV 89121

(Corner of Nellis and Desert Inn)

Melty Blood Actress Again

Starts at 2pm

PS2 Import Version

3/5 rounds

2/3 matches (finals are 3/5)

99 seconds

Double Elimination

Archetype Earth is banned

BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Starts at 4pm

Arcade Version (Event Mode)

2/3 rounds

99 seconds

Double Elimination

-Entry fee for each tournament is $5 + $2 for venue. Entry for both is only $12.

-Pot is 70/20/10 split on each game

-Game Over will be open for casuals on both games starting at 12pm

**Hit me up via PM, IM, or text if you got any questions**

Ooo, sounds fun! I'll do my best to attend!

Ah word. Don't think I got a chance to shoot the breeze with ya, but always great to meet others supporting the gaming community. I really liked the cafe setup and hospitality. Although it was kinda unfortunate that we couldn't get too hype because of the volume :keke:. I didn't get a chance to stop down there this past Saturday, but thanks again for running the BBCT. I passed on the good word to some other SF4 players so hopefully some of them showed up for that.

Honestly I played like shit in the BBCT the month before :psyduck:. I got two tournament modes 'do awesome' or 'play like shit' and I sided with the later. I have since moved on to BBCS where Tager is much more fun to play anyways. Speaking of which look here in the next day or two for a tourney annoucement of similar subject material.

Lol yeah, we had to wach the volume, lest we get kicked out of the library xD The staff was pretty annoying with us. This past week though they were pretty chill, so it wasn't too much of a bother, and the volume control went well. =]

Next month's tournament is Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Not as many people showed up for SF4 unlike BBCT, but it was sufficient. xD

^^I don't have a Wii so I haven't really had a chance to play that game at all, but really want to. From what I hear my two favorite characters in the game are both top teir (Alex & Zero) :kitty:. May have to con my one friend to lend me his Wii so I can practice up on this game for next month. Thanks for the heads up! To all, feel free to invite any other MB or BB players you guys know that may be interested in the tourny. Want to try to get a good turnout so that the guys at GO will see that there is still a good crowd for these games in town which could lead to bigger tournies in the future.

Reminder:

Game Over

3310 S Nellis Blvd Ste 20

Las Vegas, NV 89121

(Corner of Nellis and Desert Inn)

Melty Blood Actress Again

Starts at 2pm

PS2 Import Version

3/5 rounds

99 seconds

Double Elimination

Archetype Earth is banned

BlazBlue Continuum Shift

Starts at 4pm

Arcade Version (Event Mode)

2/3 rounds

99 seconds

Double Elimination

-Entry fee for each tournament is $5 + $2 for venue. Entry for both is only $12.

-Pot is 70/20/10 split on each game

-Game Over will be open for casuals on both games starting at 12pm

**Hit me up via PM, IM, or text if you got any questions**

I got 1 PC with BBCS (which has been tested to work on a LCD) and my PS2 to USB convertor I will be bringing. I encourage anyone to bring a long any sticks or controllers they want to use. Should have one extra station for this coming as well. Any extra setups are welcome and can be used for casuals. See you punks there.

Big ups to all that showed up for the today's tourney. Thanks to all that helped out as well. Was a good turn out with a lot of new faces for the BB. Mr. Paine will be uploading all the videos he got tonight for both MB & BB. Will link them once they are uploaded. Here are your results:

Melty Blood AA:

Prinny (Arc)

Lolisauce (Miyako)

Oni (White Len)

BlazeBlue CS:

Jack (Ragna/Tager)

Prinny (Lichi/Ragna)

Hell From Above (Arakune)

D (Tager)

Ji (Jin)

Look for more BBCS action at GO in the future.

Yea, I lose to S-Tiers!!! Sigh... need more Litchi and Ragna practice. I'm not going to start posting excuses because that won't amount to anything... I'm still pretty upset though, I know in my mind I should have won, but I fell apart. I let myself down. Anyway, we should start meeting up at GO_ or something more often guys. Also, remember to bring your CS shit to the get together at CSN (?) next weekend. Roll in deep with CS setups and show what's up.

-Tha Hindu

Did they happen to say where this would be setup? If its in the maid cafe, there may only be room for some laptop setups. Would rule out my PC, but I can still bring any other equipment you may need (PS2 adapter, cables, etc). Now the waking up early part may be tricky.

This is Ji , the Jin guy at last weeks tourney. They didn't exactly say where we can set up our stuff. But I can always ask my friend, he works as security/butler there. I'm sure its all in one room. I'll update once I have his answer.