Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellfromabove

Henderson/ Las Vegas Area

Sorry for the bump... Got some info/news to update with. We were given 1 table for the setups.. So we'll probably only have space for only 2 Setups. Also a number of 40 people maximum is allowed in the room due to fire regulations. My friend told me the places gets pretty stuffed and he has to kick out people (which he does not want) and there's also the rules of the cafe/library to comply with.. Things will be kinda tricky to deal with if we do decide to set up things up there... Could it be possible to have a setup somewhere else??

Yeah I was wondering the same thing for the setup. The cafe does get pretty crowded and most likely we would have a hard time fitting in everybody people. I am not sure if there is any other places there that we could set things up considering the library setup and the security guards patrolling the area. There are a few other places we could go outside of the library if that ends up being an issue. There is GO and another cyber cafe I know of that could house this if needed. I could volunteer my pad as well if needed.

Yeah.. I don't mind setting up in another place. GO sounds like a nice place to set up but, isnt there a Tekken 6 BR Tourney tomorrow?

There is, but there should be more than enough room. The Vegas Tekken scene is about as big as the BB one. If not there is a gaming cafe around trop and ft apache that could work as well

If everything is cool with the people at GO then, I can go with my friend to go set up. Though, I'll need a time when people will head over there. I don't know the staff that well so it'll be really rude of me to just go up and set up things there lol.

Ok, I'm heading there with HFA. We'll be at CCSN at 10am to wait for others who don't know that we're meeting up at GO.

^^Normally at a Game Over_ at the corner of Nellis & Desert Inn. Normally someone will post up on here or SRK when we are heading down.

Where on the SW side are ya? I currently live over in the Southern Highlands area.

Sorry that it has been a while, but here is info on the next BBCS action:

GO_ Monthlies #1

Game Over_

3310 South Nellis Boulevard #20

Las Vegas, NV 89122

May 29th, 2010

Starting at 2pm (tentative), Doors open at 10am

Entry fee $5 each game + $2 for house (you only gotta drop the $2 once if you enter multiple games)

Payouts for each game is 70/20/10

SSF4 Singles

PS3

2/3 rounds, 2/3 matches (finals are 3/5 matches)

99 second time limit

Double elimination

Loser can switch character, Winner can switch ultra

BBCS Doubles

Arcade Version (Event mode)

2v2 format, Pokemon style(A1 vs B1, A2 vs B2, Winner 1 vs Winner 2), 2/3 rounds, Draws are replayed

99 second time limit

Double Elimination

Team members must consist of different characters (EX: no 2 Ragnas on one team)

MBAA Singles

PS2

99 second time limit

Loser can switch character, Winner can switch moon

Archtype Earth is banned

Double Elimination

Please BYOS if ya can. If you got any questions feel free to drop me a line.

Reminder (in case anyone needs it on this board), but GO_ Monthly this Saturday (look above for details) starting at 2pm with MBAA, 3PM with BBCS, and 4PM for SSF4. Feel free to shoot me any questions.

GO_ Monthlies #2

Date: June 26th, 2010

Time: Starting at 2pm (tentative)

Location: Game Over_ 3310 S Nellis Blvd (corner of Nellis & Desert Inn)

Entry fee $5 each game + $2 for house (you only gotta drop the $2 once if you enter multiple games)

Payouts for each game is 70/20/10

SSF4 2v2 Teams

PS3

2v2 format, Waseda/SBO style (A1 vs B1, A2 vs B2, Winner 1 vs Winner 2), 2/3 rounds, Draws are replayed

99 second time limit

Double elimination

Team members must consist of different characters (Ex: No two Ryus)

Tekken 6 Singles

PS3

3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches (finals are 3/5 matches)

60 second time limit

Double Elimination

No custom characters

MBAA Singles

PS2

99 second time limit

Winner must keep same character & moon phase

Archtype Earth is banned

Double Elimination

As always hit me up if you got any questions.

What's up Las Vegas!

I won't be around for EVO due to scheduling on behalf of the family, but I'm very interested in being able to play different people from different regions.

I will be in Vegas for 4 days starting sometime early next week. Anyone have arcade suggestions or down for a general meetup? I'm not known like CopperDabbit, Dacidbro, or Goryus, but I do play them regularly, and would like to get even better in BB:CS.

Or play SSF4. Whatever works, I've been to Vegas too many times to count.

~Chun

^^Sup Chun. Unfortunately the arcade scene here in Vegas is pretty non existant when it comes to fighting games, but most of the local players hit up a local game shop called Game Over_. They got a bunch of TV setups there and most of the local players hit the place up. You can usually find people playing SSF4 there, but I would recommend checking the SRK Vegas thread (http://shoryuken.com/threads/181684-Vegas-donks-Just-keep-jumping-in) to verify someone would be there. For BBCS, we got quite a few good players in town that are always looking for some good practice. Unfortunately not a bunch of them check these forums alot so drop me a line when you're in town and I will try to get a hold of them. Not sure if some of the players that go to UNLV are still in town or not for the summer. I can guarantee that the one Litchi player in town would totally be down for this.

EDIT: As of 2:00PM, I will unfortunately not be heading to Vegas. By some random collision of conversations, it appears I will be headed South, but not with Family.

I do hope though we can meet sometime in the future. Thanks for your hospitality either way.

OLD POST:

Thanks for the reply Macc,

That sounds great, it's better than being in a hotel room for the good of four days.

I will arrive Next Sunday and leave Thursday.

If you have a number that you could PM me I'll definitely drop you a line to see when a good time to hit up Game Over would be; I'll be car restricted unfortunately, meaning drop-offs by my folks or otherwise finding ways to travel back to my hotel, but hopefully I can work something out. BB:CS is more my game than SSF4 will ever be, so it's good to know there's a few good guys to play.

~Chun

EDIT: As of 2:00PM, I will unfortunately not be heading to Vegas. By some random collision of conversations, it appears I will be headed South, but not with Family.

I do hope though we can meet sometime in the future. Thanks for your hospitality either way.

No worries. If you're ever in Vegas drop me a line.

Aww man, totally forgot to go last saturday, Ill definitely make it next time. Hope to see some BBCS action!

EDIT: I went to the shoryuken forum's and heard the news. Man that sucks, just when i was about to check out fighting scene, GO_ is getting closed down. Oh well, i wish them the best of luck!

^^Yeah it does suck. The guys at Game Over are super cool. Either way no fret, I got some plans in the works for a new location for the monthly tournaments. It not be down the street from ya anymore, but they will still exist. I'll post up more info as I get it.

I'm looking forward to whatever you guys get setup next. I've only been playing BB:CT online and BB:CS by myself so it'd be good to get some offline games going.