Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey

Burnt Toast Series: Monthly SoCal GG/BB/General Poverty Tournament

So everything seemed to go well, sorry all for the rushed end and THANKS to everyone who came out and helped bring equipment and helped to clean up, we really appreciate it. Brackets and results will be posted later. I will post some pics tomorrow. Lets work to get more people coming next time so we can break even with the venue...I will buy more assorted sodas next time, for some reason I thought there would be more people drinking water. Costco pizza went well so I will prob do that again. Any comments/suggestions for next months tourney please post up

Tourney was fun! Thanks to Ben, Chris, James, Tushar, Will, Kevin, Bang Camaro, Purrin, and anybody else who helped to run tournaments or the live stream. Also, thanks to Mike Z for bringing CS. It was cool seeing everybody again.

Good jorb to Chris and Xie and anyone else who helped to organizational this. It was aresom.

Good stuff, guys. That was pretty fun. Hopefully this really can turn into a monthly thing that way more people show up for the event. That'll have SoCal looking forward to at least some form of tournament every month. Nice seeing you guys again~ GG's to the people I played and such. Promise I'll be better next time. ;D Thanks again to Mike for signing me up. lol didn't think I'd make it on time. About the fees, I'd be down to pay a little extra to help you guys break even. I'm sure that there would probably be more SFIV heads if that other tournament hadn't coincidentally fallen on the same date. It's all good though. Maybe next time we could get the Walnut tourney on the front page of SRK-- on the side to the right there's a list of upcoming tournaments and the Walnut one wasn't there. D: More people have to get hype, dammit. S'my two cents. See you guys again~

Good times. Thanks to all the respective people who ran the tournament and stream, (BChris, James, Tushar, etc).

It was great seeing everyone. I'm still laughing at my match vs Jeff. So hype.

And Sam is totally going to learn HnK, right after I learn how to beat Yeknom.

I had a great time watching and playing! :] Thank you Jo for introducing me to your friends. I never knew there were so many people named Chris! I hope to talk to more of you soon and bring more of my friends to come and play! I look forward to next time! GG's to Jo, the guy i played againist w/ Faust and Baiken and Stormlocke! I'll keep workin on my Buri :]

Good times, nice seein you all and I will def. try to make next one! Phobos how did we not even play a match. Storm good luck winning that impossible matchup, lol. Nice to finally play GG again. Thanks for everyone involved making it happen!

Good times, nice seein you all and I will def. try to make next one! Phobos how did we not even play a match. Storm good luck winning that impossible matchup, lol. Nice to finally play GG again. Thanks for everyone involved making it happen!

Haha, sorry man. I played a few games with The Chris That Is Also Asian but not enough IMO. Next time we'll get in some games. Good shit on winning, though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1qn8i7yQ90

Ok, few questions on the next burnt toast:

Some people expressed that the entry fee for each game was a bit on the high side, and that they would rather have the venue fee be higher (to help of cover costs) and to make the entry fee per game less (so people can afford to play in more game tournaments).

Does this sound like something that might be better for everyone as a whole? Would it be better to do like 7$ venue then like 5$/game? Pay out would be less but people can participate in more games.

Also date for next Burnt Toast will be either 3-17 or 3-27, the other 2 sat are sf4 ranbats at ffa/ai. Let us know which date will be best.

After some input I will update the first post with new info.

Tentative games for next month:

naruto

tvc

mbaa

sf4

bbcs

gg

I like the higher venue idea. It was kind of a bitch if you planned on entering 2 games. I can't imagine entering 3.

I'm going to bring some extra speakers and other hardware next time... CS had no sound back there, and we had to mooch it off an SFIV guy who had to leave early, even. No sound at grand finals != hype.

Ok, few questions on the next burnt toast:

Some people expressed that the entry fee for each game was a bit on the high side, and that they would rather have the venue fee be higher (to help of cover costs) and to make the entry fee per game less (so people can afford to play in more game tournaments).

Does this sound like something that might be better for everyone as a whole? Would it be better to do like 7$ venue then like 5$/game? Pay out would be less but people can participate in more games.

Also date for next Burnt Toast will be either 3-13 or 3-27, the other 2 sat are sf4 ranbats at ffa/ai. Let us know which date will be best.

After some input I will update the first post with new info.

Tentative games for next month:

naruto

tvc

mbaa

sf4

bbcs

gg

3-13, 17 is a wednesday!

Next Burnt Toast will likely be 3-20-10, let me know if anyone has issues with that date. Its a sat, unfortunatly its during a sf4 ranbat at ffa but we will make due.