Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

This thread is intended for people with questions about all things Millia (no matter how mundane they are) and a place to answer them. Ask away!

alright ill kick this off with daily questions then...since im now learning millia...her iad relaunh combo on sol...i just can't connect the s© to get them back in the air...ive tried double tapping and a lot of different timings...i can do it on ky easily...is it better to do iad p-hs on sol...i mean for now just so i can finish the combo. i know what the answer will be...practice...i am thats just a weird combo.

Different body weights are what's preventing you from connecting the 5S©. If 5S© won't work, try 5K or 2P into 5S© because it's faster than doing 5S© straight up.

How come always aft 2HS i cant manage to connect more den 2-3 hits in the air?the HS ending in air always doesnt connect.its like im too low or smth,coz im always poking just the leg or the opponent(say baiken),is there a special way to do it? or do u juz nid to do it like,super fast?

Add more hits to your air combo until the opponent is at the right height to allow 2-3 hits of her air HS to connect. Ideally you want the opponent to be right above Millia's head when you hit HS.

When's the Millia guide going to be completed?

Never. :grin: Or realistically, right before Slash comes out on consoles. Then I'm gonna have to edit the whole fucking thing to deal with Slash changes. So yeah, probably before Slash hits consoles.

Nah, forget about the #R guide. You're polishing the brass on the Titanic as Tyler would say! But aren't a lot of the strats the same? I mean her air combos have changed but I can just watch match vids for the combos. I am more interested in things like oki setups, general tactics, mixup ideas, etc... and frame data :-P Oh so here's a good question: Where can I find XX Slash Milla frame data, in English?

Nah, forget about the #R guide. You're polishing the brass on the Titanic as Tyler would say! But aren't a lot of the strats the same? I mean her air combos have changed but I can just watch match vids for the combos. I am more interested in things like oki setups, general tactics, mixup ideas, etc... and frame data :-P

Oh so here's a good question:

Where can I find XX Slash Milla frame data, in English?

Strats aren't the same anymore :blue:. Not only are her oki setups different (for Christ's sake, her normal throw is techable now...), but she has different mixups now. Not only that, she has to deal with other character's changes as well...

And I dunno about the frame data; someone's (not me, dammit) gonna have to translate the Japanese Slash mook into English and post them up somewhere if you want some Slash frame data...

i dont know if this is true or not, but i seen the official slash website and looked at the movelists..... and i noticed they have indicated that millias HS pin can be charged, and i am buffered so is this true or not?

Okay well then here's another question (a two-parter!)... Millia seems to have a lot of really good anti-air options: 5P, 6P, 2H... 1) What other moves can she use as anti-air AND 2) how do I know which move to use in which situation? (Don't bother with the #R specific stuff.) Thanks :)

A bit late, but better late than never I hope. ::):

1) Not much aside from those three, but...

S© can be used as AA, in rare situations. One particular one I would use it is for opponents attempting to IAD out of the corner carelessly. It has that extra vertical range that her other AA's lack, and is fast enough to catch ADs out of corner on reaction. Not much other use for this as AA, though.

6H can also be used to stop people who like to jump from long ranges. An example would be after a midscreen knockdown -> disc -> connected 6K / TKBM, the opponent is generally knocked too far away to followup with disc mixup. You could try throwing a max-range 6H to catch your opponent if they are jumpy (and don't FD at the beginning of their jump.. alot of people don't). Extremely limited in its uses though, and probably more useful in Slash due to the Ground Bounce on CH.

2) It all depends on range and what options the opponent has during their jump-ins:

2H: Good when your opponent is coming down right on top of you. If you think you may score a CH, wait till you hear (or don't hear) the "Counter" voice before continuing your combo. Should have enough time to follow-up properly either way.

6P: Do not use this if your opponent still has the ability to double jump. It will whiff and go into it's long recovery and you will get smacked as the opponent comes down. This may not apply in Slash as you can FRC it, but still not a great idea on first jumps. Against decond jumps / ADs falling on you at ~ a 45° angle, it's a fairly good choice.

5P: Good against quick IADs in, such as Jam's, or just anticipated IADs in general to cut them short. Also good to throw out on a regular jump-in (throw two so you have enough time to hit confirm into sj.K on hit). You also won't be in any trouble if opponent dj's to bait your AA, since 5P is so quick. Play around with this move... it's very versatile and not at all limited to just one role.

Thanks a lot, Teyah. The info on 6H is much appreciated, as well. 'Tis nice to use a character with good anti-airs for once.

Hi i am new to millia (played jam and dizzy). can't find it around so can u tell me how to do her re launch combos? start with the basic ones, i haven't got too much control on the pad... THX!

Hi

i am new to millia (played jam and dizzy).

can't find it around so can u tell me how to do her re launch combos? start with the basic ones, i haven't got too much control on the pad...

THX!

1st of all .. Hi and welcome to the forums .

2ndly .. are u sure u want to learn it ?? it needs alot of training + /Slash is gona release soon and u can't perform the relaunch coz the j.HS animation is changed .

anyway here are the basics to perform it ,, lets say u began hitting the opponent with 5S , 2HS than hjc .. now hit the opponent multiple times to let him over your head than HS ( S,P,S,HS works on 70% of the characters ) if done correctly u'll land before the opponent by less than 0.5 second so quickly press S , 2HS , and hjc to start another combo .

for a beginner start traning on "Dizzy" (i think she's the easiest) or "Axl" , and when u land press K , S , 2HS , and when u get the hold of it try without pressing K , after that train to balance other characters ,, and if u have any other question be free to ask .

===

and for my Q~ :

after iron saber (214+P) , i see players FRC than perform a air.K , for me its only possible if the iron saber contacts even if he guarded , so the Q is : how do i FRC the 214+P and air.K with out connecting the 214+P hit ??

i know its a basic trick for millia players but till now i don't know how to do it .

===

Teyah /

ur avatar is cute ^.^ , can u give me the full art please ^^" (i really liked it coz my main characters are millia and sol)

===

ohh and maybe this is off topic ,, but i miss a member called "P-hecto" or somethin~ like that , did he change his name ??

FRC with PSH (thumb, middle finger, ring finger), and then stagger the K (pointer finger) very slightly. You basically want to get a kick right out of the FRC. If you are a pad user, just put your thumb horizontal for PSH (square, triangle, circle), press, and then roll to the kick (x) as soon as physically possible. If you do it right, you should see a flash of millia's j.K frames (foot out in front).

1st of all .. Hi and welcome to the forums .

2ndly .. are u sure u want to learn it ?? it needs alot of training + /Slash is gona release soon and u can't perform the relaunch coz the j.HS animation is changed .

anyway here are the basics to perform it ,, lets say u began hitting the opponent with 5S , 2HS than hjc .. now hit the opponent multiple times to let him over your head than HS ( S,P,S,HS works on 70% of the characters ) if done correctly u'll land before the opponent by less than 0.5 second so quickly press S , 2HS , and hjc to start another combo .

THX i changed it a little and done this on Dizzy:

S,2HS hjc s,p,s,hs(2),214s land 2hs HJC s,hs(2) 236P

it's easier that way ya?

anyway, i heard that she has problems with the relaunch on jony, any other char i should be aware of?

anyway i will keep practicing on the harder version u gave me? and... have you got any above avarege relaunches for me? ;)

Pin relaunches are a bit iffy on Johnny, but regular 5S© relaunch is actually fairly easy compared to the rest of the cast.

See my relaunch mini-guide part of the Millia guide HERE. Covers a lot of situations for all characters.

cool.all these info helps alot, coz i simply suck at millia. so basically, to get all these going smoothly, lots of practice is needed yea? oh, also a qns.i have this problem of approaching baiken, due to her tatami gaeshi-es, and its like i always fall into her tatami-s. so how shud i approach? air or land? or any other methods?

You can also start working on IAD combos instead of learning all the specifics in that guide. They seem hard at first but they're not that bad once you get started. Start with something easy like S, 2HS, sjc.IAD p, HS, land. Then try something a little more difficult by replacing the p in the last combo with S. Still not that hard. Then try this combo. It's not hard to do, it'll just get you ready for the hard combo because it's kind of similar. S, 2HS, sjc.IAD S, HS (hits twice usually), PIN, land, S, 2HS, sjc. S, P, P, HS. Now work on that for a little while and get comfortable with it. Now do the same combo but don't use the pin. The reason for doing this is because once you get this one down, you'll use the first relaunch combo against the girls and Bridget; and the IAD combos on the guys. Once you get all that down then you can start with the ones that IAD across the screen three times...but I don't want to overload you.lol EDIT: I'm STILL having problems with IAD combos on Johnny though. Since Slash is coming out soon, I don't think I'll bother practicing with Millia on #R anymore outside of matches.

pardon me for being stupid, but i have another qns. tis will seem really retarded to ask,but, how come when connecting with other chars(both on land and in air), i always seem to get hit first? does millia have a lower priority on her attacks or smth? im guessing no, but asking juz in case.

Millia has fairly low priority on her attacks, in general. There are a few exceptions however (5P, j.D, 6P, 5S(f), 2D at max range, j.K at 45° angles). The basic aircombo for Millia goes: 2H to launch, then sj.S-P-S-H (then relaunch/Pin from there) I don't think IAD combos are the way to go, as they're generally less reliable for relaunching than the regular superjump aircombos. They seem to be dependent on range, and are also less burst-safe than the sj aircombos. On certain characters they work well enough, on others, not... Anyway, it's only really good to go for a relaunch when you have a clear shot (ie. the trajectory is favourable). You'll be able to judge this better and better, as well as consistently change your trajectory on the fly, the more you practice with it. Remember that at many times, a simple j.H knockdown into Disc is the safest and best option! If you have trouble approaching a Baiken who is spamming Tatami, you can do a few things. If the player is doing repeated ground Tatamis, your 2D at a far range will beat it quite well (you can then cancel to Roll close the gap quickly and lay a disc). If it's a jumping Tatami, you can easily run under it and 6P-2H -> aircombo.

How do you guys TK j.236P and j.236K properly so that you don't jump too high and still not get sj.P or sj.K? If I do like 2369P I get sj.P usually. Tritone recommended 23696P, but I found you launch a little too high before you start going into 236P itself.

How do you guys TK j.236P and j.236K properly so that you don't jump too high and still not get sj.P or sj.K? If I do like 2369P I get sj.P usually. Tritone recommended 23696P, but I found you launch a little too high before you start going into 236P itself.

practice, and use a stick. you dont actually jump just 2369p and you should do it.

I *am* using a stick. Hmm... what I could try is 2367P. I do my TK bubble with Dizzy using 2149K/P, so perhaps I should try 2367...

It is just a timing issue, as far as I can tell. Seems to me to be about a 2F window or so to cancel the jump into the special during the TK motion.

I used to have major problems with TK Bad Moon until I started really practicing the timing at the arcade, only a month ago. I'd just go in and try to TKBM an abusrdly high number of times between challengers (usually 50-100). I started out only getting it 35% of the time, but this gradually increased over a week's time. The last I checked I was hitting it just over 80% of the time, and haven't really been able to go much beyond that yet (though I've also stopped practicing it).

I'd imagine that doing sj.K instead of TK Turbo Fall is kind of a similar situation... except that you don't want the TK motion to come out. And it's actually an input issue here, not a timing issue - I find it tougher to sj.K consistently than to TK Bad Moon consistently, but that's just me.

Sign in to follow this