Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

Still aint complete though, like P, 2S, 2H etc. which are combo starters. WHOOPS. Beat that Teyah, I mean, please advise.

Info on those moves is complete in the frame data. :eng101:

You can see how much damage you're giving up by looking at how much GB- you have to eat through before getting to the meat of your combo. Since none of those moves you listed have proration, you can see that having to do stuff like 5P-j.K before your ADCs will cost you a significant amount of combo damage. But since 5P on its own is so good, it's worth it.

And while 2S and 2H also have a fair amount of GB-, they don't require you to go through as many intermediate moves (ie. they get to the hard hitting moves faster). Stuff like Disc + 2S + launch, and 2H j.S-H ADC j.D ADC etc will do good damage regardless.

Ahhhhhh, problem solved mastahh. May I suggest then, that the moves which have no proration, to put it in the Notes? Thanks man.

Sure! I will also add the following features to every move (unless they are present): Millia not in CH state during recovery, opponent is not forced into crouching state on hit, opponent can use burst during this move, opponent takes damage according to the standard guard gauge formula, move deals some amount of stun, move has no forced proration, move is NOT unblockable, Millia can perform same move after recovery, move has no invincibility, move has zero priority (note: probably true), move does not use tension, move does not cause slide state, move does not launch opponent, move does not IK the opponent ..... :vbang:

So I figured out that I have no idea how to really move around with Millia. Seems like I try to move in and get hit @_@

If you're ever going to do a jump in (which you shouldn't really do anyway unless sure) if they're going to throw out an anti-air attack, use hairpin, it staggers on Counter Hit so you get a free combo/knockdown if you're quick enough.

As Kane said, her pin is probably the best tactic to use if you're going to attempt a rush. Also playing cat and mouse a bit can frustrate your opponent with little pokes here and there (5p/5k/5s as they are generally safe bets for pokes). Try to learn to learn how to cancel SG if you're oppenent like to play keep away alot and bait them with that if you are properly spaced (IE full screen or close to). This way it throws them off when you actually do use it in your gameplan.

Any tricks to executing the 2D -> S Disc FRC? Or just lots of practice?

As soon as the 2d connects, do the s disc. Then do 6 FRC 6 and you should be good. You can do the s disc FRC off other attacks as well, which is probably better because the 2d setup is mad predictable now.

Think taunt/respect cancelling a pressured opponent on oki would be a viable tactic? lol

Why would you want to do that at all?

As soon as the 2d connects, do the s disc. Then do 6 FRC 6 and you should be good. You can do the s disc FRC off other attacks as well, which is probably better because the 2d setup is mad predictable now.

Doing it that way is a little tough and it doesn't always work. I wish I was good at doing the S disc Frc off of 2S, but I can do it off 2D and 5H consistently If I'm concentrating. You're right about it being predictable, but for people that try to escape it or counter you after doing it just do IAD pin after it, because after you've finished your blockstring you should be far away enough from you opponent for it to hit them or make them block it. I think. I'm going to test it out next time I play my friend.

Lol it's one of those really gimmicky types of oki which might work depending on the opponent's state of mind. You can also 2366S FRC 6 to get the immediate dash you want.

Doing it that way is a little tough and it doesn't always work. I wish I was good at doing the S disc Frc off of 2S, but I can do it off 2D and 5H consistently If I'm concentrating. You're right about it being predictable, but for people that try to escape it or counter you after doing it just do IAD pin after it, because after you've finished your blockstring you should be far away enough from you opponent for it to hit them or make them block it. I think. I'm going to test it out next time I play my friend.

I sometimes do it after a 6p,5s,6p,6h blockstring since they are far enough for me to mixup and if I get a CH, I'll get very nice damage because said string builds guard meter pretty well.

236S FRC -> 5D = OMGWTFLOLBBQ With that said, CH 236S frame traps are dope. But a whiffed 236S against a Pot landing a CH j.S is not. :(

236S -> FRC, 5D is actually pretty good =) the FRC hides the first few frames of the dust animation. Just as well, the same can be said of 236S -> FRC, 6K or 2369P. One good way to use it is after someone blocks your initial 236H oki attempt, dash in deep with 5H(-2D) and 236S -> FRC, 2369P or 214P (not that you can't do 214P from 5H, but the point here is to NOT clue them in to what could come next, and it becomes much more powerful as a mixup when you hide it like that). Another interesting gimmick is to do 5H -> 236S -> FRC, 214K, throw =D

I generally double-jump j.HS and then running j.K follow-up to push them to the corner if at mid-screen. If at corner you can just do 2HS; standard juggle protocol thereafter.

Hey guys, so, I want get in on that Millia play and would appreciate you guys giving me some basic starter tips to ease my transfer tqwards a new character.

Get to work on those throw combos!!!!

Lol. Just know that Millia is meant to be very tricky and has an array of truly random specials and normals. But when all of this "random" suff is used together, you can create some beastly guessing games and pressure strings.

Welcome to the cool kids club.

Sweet. Throws combos it is. I was spending a while trying to select a back-up to my Dizzy and no one really felt right. But, since Millia had a double air-dash as well, it made the most sense for me to try and pick her up. :v:

After you fet a feel for those, work on her oki. This contains disc traps, tk badmoon, and other things. There's plenty here for you to get started. Hope you like her.

Sign in to follow this