Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

2D is a good poke but really all you get off it is the knockdown (unless you have 25 tension and your name is Nakamura, lol). Which of course is good, but it's not direct damage. Other characters have normals with better properties off which they can get huge combos on a random hit. That's what I meant when I said "not the best normals".

f.S is also a fairly good ground poke but the most you can get is either 5H 2D or combo into Super. On the other hand her air to ground game is a lot stronger, thanks to airdashcancels and the pin.

2D is great. Getting the knockdown is all Millia needs to start up. If you aren't just randomly 2Ding and learn how to use your buttons properly you'll like Millia. 2D > s disc FRC only works on counterhit btw. Play to Millia's strengths and stop worrying about what she doesn't have. She is very hard to hit, anti air, and she has one of the best anti air games in my opinion. If you're running towards your opponent just pressing buttons you're not going to win.

I agree, Millia doesn't simply rush the opponent. From the video's I watched, Millia tends to fair better by coming from the air with Silent Force or one of her air normals, her ground normals are also great for punishing moves that whiff or have a long start up. Millia just needs to be careful with how she gets around the opponents own gimmicks, such as Dizzy's summons, Testament's Traps, Ky's Projectiles, etc.

Oh, another question. Is anyone going to post a discussion thread for Millia in +R? Along with a combo thread to go with it that contains up to date combos for +R?

I agree, Millia doesn't simply rush the opponent. From the video's I watched, Millia tends to fair better by coming from the air with Silent Force or one of her air normals, her ground normals are also great for punishing moves that whiff or have a long start up. Millia just needs to be careful with how she gets around the opponents own gimmicks, such as Dizzy's summons, Testament's Traps, Ky's Projectiles, etc.

Oh, another question. Is anyone going to post a discussion thread for Millia in +R? Along with a combo thread to go with it that contains up to date combos for +R?

Yes. We are working on it. Currently.

Having a hard time getting her TK consistent. I'm inputting the tiger knee perfect, but it doesn't always work. Height requirement is the first thing that came to mind. I slowed down my inputs, but the move still doesn't come out all the time, this could be me not doing the TK fast enough. I guess the only thing I need to is practice more, but knowing if I'm doing it right would be helpful. thanks.

Also, is this version of AC (PS3 digital download) a perfect port? And Millia makes my hands really tired :(

Having a hard time getting her TK consistent. I'm inputting the tiger knee perfect, but it doesn't always work. Height requirement is the first thing that came to mind. I slowed down my inputs, but the move still doesn't come out all the time, this could be me not doing the TK fast enough. I guess the only thing I need to is practice more, but knowing if I'm doing it right would be helpful. thanks.

Also, is this version of AC (PS3 digital download) a perfect port? And Millia makes my hands really tired :(

You don't have to do it too quickly, because you might end up doing a superjump instead. Also be sure to press your button AFTER registering the TK motion.

Let's say you want to do TK Badmoon, you can find the proper timing two ways:

- do 2369 and hold the lever on 9 and then press P

- or, do 2369 let the lever come back to neutral and press P

Basically you want to do the motion not too fast and press P the moment she's in the air. After that, it's all practice and muscle memory.

Edited by Ronove

Any tip for S Tandem Top FRC? It's on frame 3-4 and I honestly can't figure out how to do it that fast. Nakamura makes it look so easy :psyduck:

Because it is easy. It's just muscle memory. You learn it a while after getting used to it. I only use it after far H, 6H, and 2D though. It's not exactly the best tool. I'll probably be using it a lot less in +R since they changed Millia so much. I didn't really know the extent of the changes until I played a lot of casuals this past weekend.

So I guess it's just a matter of practice. It's weird though, I get the feeling that by the time I am pressing the other three buttons it's already too late. Oh well, time hit the lab then. :v:

^^ What kurumster said. The window is small, but the timing is fairly straight forward. It ain't stun edge frc, iykwim. It's basically jam's 2D FRC.

Though I'm used to other fighting games, I only play Guilty Gear from time to time, between friends. Most of the time I use Millia, but, from what I've seen online, I'm basically doing everything wrong. From what I've seen, she's all about pressure, long combos and okizeme, with an unique hability to cancel her normals into dashes, as well as air dash twice, making it possible to extend combos.

I realize every game is different, but I figured I could use my old copy of Guilty Gear X2, for the PS2, to learn the basics and get a better feel of the character. However, I can't cancel my normals into air dashes, so... what am I doing wrong? Is there a technic behind it that I'm not aware of, or is this something she got in later versions of the game, wich is why I can't do it in GGX2?

Edited by Millia_Noob

Sorry to burst your bubble a bit.

But most of the tutorials and combo guides for Millia now are for the most recent Guilty Gear Accent Core Plus R. Not to mention the release of Xrd Coming up next year, I don't think practicing on an older game is going to help very much...

I kinda realize that, but I figure the gameplan is likely to remain similar. Speaking of experience in Street Fighter, though every game has its particular features, any version (except SF1) would be a decent start to learn a character. At least preferable than doing nothing.

Or maybe my short version will work better: regardless of your feelings, are you able to answer my question? This thread does say "ask away".

To at least answer your question, she got the ability to airdash cancel j.S, j.H, and j.D much later during Accent Core. There's some info on norematch.com (which has some old X2 vids, but more importantly, info about Millia in general and things between editions).

If that's all you're able to get right now then you're right, it's better than nothing. But I encourage that you pick up a newer edition.

With Xrd out and videos of Millia pouring out over various channels, I've been getting really hype for GG, so I've been really practicing over the last month trying to become at least decent with Millia. I have one question however. In various guides it says that FB disc allows Millia to perform two mixups in a row. I can't seem to wrap my head around this for whatever reason. What are some examples of double mixup followups to FB disc? I do know about FB disc -> Iron Saviour -> FRC -> j.K but that is about as far as my knowledge of her truly filthy mixups goes. Any tips from you old grizzled vets would be awesome.

Throw out FB Disc, jump. You coming back down from the jump = mixup#1. What you do after that = mixup#2.

Do FB disc, then do any of:

2S

2D

Iron Saviour

TK Bad Moon

If it gets blocked, do another one of the above moves.  All of them lead into a combo on mixup #1, and several of them lead into a combo on mixup #2, even from midscreen.

Enemy grounded: j.S, airdash cancel j.K j.S, land and 5S 5H 2D or 5S 2H -> aircombo

Enemy in air: j.P j.P, confirm that it hits, j.K, dj.K dj.H ADC j.2H (3 hits), j.214S or j.236D, land, 6H 214K, set up disc

Y'know, I've been wondering... wouldn't 5S 5H 2D 214S roll be a better ground combo than just 52 5H 2D roll? Provided that the opponent is within range to be hit by Lust Shaker of course. The reason why I was thinking of this is to have the opponent fall face up rather than face down...

Enemy grounded: j.S, airdash cancel j.K j.S, land and 5S 5H 2D or 5S 2H -> aircombo

Enemy in air: j.P j.P, confirm that it hits, j.K, dj.K dj.H ADC j.2H (3 hits), j.214S or j.236D, land, 6H 214K, set up disc

Okay, thank. I'll try these in training mode.

Y'know, I've been wondering... wouldn't 5S 5H 2D 214S roll be a better ground combo than just 52 5H 2D roll? Provided that the opponent is within range to be hit by Lust Shaker of course. The reason why I was thinking of this is to have the opponent fall face up rather than face down...

That string isn't used because at that range after going through 5S 5H into 2D -> LS, you would be left outside of optimal disc range.  You'd have to do 2D -> LS -> roll -> 2366H, which would take too long and not allow for proper mixup.  And at farther ranges (eg. running far 5S 5H 2D) the LS won't hit.  So basically in situations where you would want to do 2D -> roll -> 236H, you'd have to do 2366H, and in situations where you'd want to do 2D -> 2366H, LS won't connect.  

That string isn't used because at that range after going through 5S 5H into 2D -> LS, you would be left outside of optimal disc range.  You'd have to do 2D -> LS -> roll -> 2366H, which would take too long and not allow for proper mixup.  And at farther ranges (eg. running far 5S 5H 2D) the LS won't hit.  So basically in situations where you would want to do 2D -> roll -> 236H, you'd have to do 2366H, and in situations where you'd want to do 2D -> 2366H, LS won't connect.  

What would be considered the optimal disc range? I noticed that sometimes off 2D>roll oki in certain matchups the opponent might comfortably grab or even backdash away (happened against I-No). It almost feels like a "forced" choice to do TK Badmoon or TK Turbofall. I know I am probably doing something wrong though. :psyduck:

That's also the reason why I was beginning to think of a way to get the opponent to fall face up off 2D>ender combos, so that I could possibly a gain even a small frame advantage to set up the disc earlier as I can.

What would be considered the optimal disc range? I noticed that sometimes off 2D>roll oki in certain matchups the opponent might comfortably grab or even backdash away (happened against I-No). It almost feels like a "forced" choice to do TK Badmoon or TK Turbofall. I know I am probably doing something wrong though. :psyduck:

That's also the reason why I was beginning to think of a way to get the opponent to fall face up off 2D>ender combos, so that I could possibly a gain even a small frame advantage to set up the disc earlier as I can.

2D into roll is almost always going to leave a gap big enough for the enemy to backdash away with little risk, or just block low since you won't be able to combo after an overhead without RC. I try to mostly save it for point blank situations or when you end up in the corner.

If I do find myself doing it mid screen, I'll mix between running 2K, run up throw, running 6P to beat back dash, roll behind, or air dash over and back, with 6K very rarely used when I know it's close enough to connect the disc afterwards. I almost never do TKBM since it takes longer to hit it due to the distance, and because 6K at this range is unthrowable anyway.

But yeah, go for 2D -> 2366H whenever you can, instead. It lets you get close and you get more setup time, which opens up more mixup options like haircar FRC -> full combo, 6K -> run up into full combo, and TK turbofall which would miss at farther ranges.

Hello friends! I am having trouble with 2 main aspects of Millia gameplay.

1st: I cant seem to land a solid hit :/ The people I play against usually just air dash around and I cant seem to land a hit into knock down ever. I try to hit them with j.k or j.p but I dont really know the easiest way to confirm this into knockdown. If someone cant give me an easy combo to confirm off either of these two hits I would appreciate it. I imagine you can do like j.k, j.s, j.h, ADF, (combo) but I can never manage to hit it because of their height or angle :/

2nd: When I DO get the knockdown, I always get grabbed when trying to lay out a disk. This usually happens when I do a random iron savior and run up disk but it also happens a lot when I do corner combo into BM knockdown or when I do 2D, roll. Is it just a spacing and timing thing or should I be fishing for a knockdown with another move that will safely allow me to set up.

Thank homies!  :MI:

Sign in to follow this