Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

heehee, fun topic! well, against certain characters, there are certain moves you can slash back on reaction and punish. Against Ky: -SB the 2nd part of 236K, dash S-2H -IB 214K, dash S-2H -SB 6K, S-2H -SB aerial 236S or H, if they don't FRC, you have the advantage and his keep away fails. -When dealing with him ending his strings with 2D, IB it. If they continue with either 214K or 236K, you can 6K and it'll counter either. If they do 2D -> 236S, you can roll under and punish. Against Sol: -6P-2H riot stomp -IB first hit of bandit revolver, 6P-2H the second hit -SB the second hit of bandit revolver = free S©-2H (or just IB both hits for a throw) -against bandit bringer, you can SB and catch them with K into an air combo, or IB and throw them on landing. You can also j.K it or 6P it. 6P requires proper spacing though. -the 236H, 214P(whiff) -> FRC, j.K is great for baiting sol DP's (hold back while hitting kick, you'll land and block before they get the viper out). Against Baiken: -5K or S©, and then cancel into jump immediate SB will catch the 412P GC, allows you to pin into combo. -SB her j.H, and the only thing she can cancel into is 623S. 2H or S© as AA is good here. 5P also works, and is safer versus burst. -SB the last hit of her 236236S overdrive for dash in (2K-)S©-2H -214P has an interesting way of punishing the 421K GC preemptively -roll punishes 412S GC into S©-2H or just 2H. Against Johnny: -SB 6K into (K-)S©-2H unless they have level 3, in which case it's already incredibly hard to deal with the amount of frame advantage he gets out of it, so it may not be enough. On the other hand, 5K stops it dead while it's coming out, or you can 5D to duck it I believe. -If they start 2H'n your TK badmoons, 6K will go over it for a CH into dash S©-2H -roll will go under almost any of his higher pokes like S(f), 5H, 6P, K, 6K, etc. So if they get really MC happy with 5H and coin pressure, you can FD his pokes until he does one from really far out, then can IB that one and jump out before the coin can hit, and he'll be too far away and too slow to hit you before you can jump without the coin anyway. Just make sure to FD so you don't get caught by random mf upper's. more later

As a Johnny player, I'd suggest you don't try to SB JO's 6K, it really is not worth it. Not only he can Mist cancel it if you are too slow to punish but he can also FRC it to throw you if you focus on blockin/IB/SB it. Anyway, this normal is so easy to counter on reaction with a fast low poke. That stands for any characters, not Millia specific. Doing so will prevent being feinted by the 6K FRC since you hit him before the FRC point, before it becomes active. You'll gain some damage and/or a knockdown out of it.

As a Johnny player, I'd suggest you don't try to SB JO's 6K, it really is not worth it. Not only he can Mist cancel it if you are too slow to punish but he can also FRC it to throw you if you focus on blockin/IB/SB it.

Anyway, this normal is so easy to counter on reaction with a fast low poke. That stands for any characters, not Millia specific. Doing so will prevent being feinted by the 6K FRC since you hit him before the FRC point, before it becomes active. You'll gain some damage and/or a knockdown out of it.

And we are in disagreement how? I explained those things in my post.

No need to get all offended, I agreed. It was more or less a way to put the emphasis on the punishing part instead of the SB one in your previous post, a kind of double check from a Johnny player.

this has most likely already been asked but i wasnt about to read all of the pages to find out...im new to millia {but not the game} and i was wondering, in anyones opinion, what the best attack would be after the initial launch{and i realize it is different for some characters} to continue her air combos...

You might as well just read the AC confirmed combo list. As far as after launches in the corner or counter hit pin hits on aerial bound characters, you have to decide that for yourself depending on the positioning that you have, character weight, how much tension you have, and whether or not you're still holding the pin.

Which 'initial launch'? If it's 2H you're talking about, if you hit them from the ground you should follow up with j.S-H ADC into stuff. If you hit them with 2H while they are airborne, either j.H or j.D into ADC should do on most characters. Air launches involving any of 5P/5K/5Sc should be followed up with j.K-D in most cases.

It seems my defense really bring my Millia game down in a lot of matches. What is essential in getting out of disadvantageous situations with her? Is S disc a viable tool for such a purpose? There are somethings which I couldn't break off without the risk of getting smacked by something that takes huge chunks of life off if I try something like jumping or sticking a normal out in between delayed sequences of attacks.

Her DAA is among the best in the game, so play conservatively with your meter to ensure you have a shot of having one when you need it. Dodge high attacks in frame traps by rolling and throwing them in their recovery. She's one of the characters that can most benefit from a reversal gold burst (knockdown, CH, full meter). Some might disagree with this strategy, but gold bursting is more important than ever. Blue bursts don't ever knock down anymore, only gold bursts have that ability. Based on the concept of her character, maximizing your opportunities for knockdowns is essential, and her poor ability to break out of offense with invincible attacks makes gold bursting a very viable and powerful asset. Read your opponent well and make your openings count. FD their pressure, IB a big hit that leaves them farther out, then backdash to safety. If you see them run in after smaller, faster attacks in an attempt to reset their offensive, you can opt to 1f jump out of any attacks, then looking for an angle to throw pin in order to set up your offense. Attacking while you're down frames and up close, well, that depends on the matchup. FD and IB used in tandem will give you some ways to create the space at which she lies dominant. For example, FDing a heavy attack-string that will end with them in a whiffing state or neutral state, pushing them out to your sweep distance, is a good way to accomplish this. By the same token, FD, then IBing a bigger attack they might use to get back inside sets up "just outside of throw range" distance that you can use to throw out a grounded FB disc. With luck, you will trade and get either a combo or a mixup/knockdown. Staying calm and observant of your opponent however, is the #1 safeguard against getting mixed the fuck up. Make them guardbreak you, don't do it for them. Most of these options are risky of course, and can be punished by a smart opponent. However, you should work to make them predict your escape attempts by using the lowest-risk methods possible. If there's a risk associated with guessing wrong on getting out, then you should at least be rewarded for guessing correcntly with that same action (gold bursting, throws, rolls, dead angles).

Hmmm I 'd like to ask about set up and mix up for 236HS (silent Force) After I do 236HS I usually do... 214P (down) 6K (overhead) 2369P (Overhead) Turbo Fall (cross over) 214K (cross over) Do you have another mix up for confusing the opponent other than above? Because my opponent seems able to guess my set up lately. THX

Several more things you can do (off the top of my head):

- FRC 214P (whiff), j.K overhead

- FRC 2369P (whiff), j.K overhead

- Airdash over and back

- Airdash over, Turbo Fall back

- Turbo Fall to other side, Command Roll back to original side upon landing (cancels the Turbo Fall recovery frames)

- 5D (lol)

- Throw! Hey, they can't block throws so...

There's a lot more if you have the creativity to come up with them...

Also keep in mind the safety and combo ability of your oki. Safety here meaning its susceptibility to bursts (more importantly, reversal gold bursts) or DPs or supers. Combo ability of course meaning how easily you can combo after, should it hit. To clarify, I never use 6K at midscreen on a normal HS disc oki because you'll never be able to run and combo in time. Of course, everything works in the corner. Also to contribute, remember Turbo Fall FRC mixups! To start there are two basic mixups off it: - TF FRC j.K (works up to iAD height) - TF FRC 2S And there's still airdashes and fuzzy guard stuff you can still mix in there. I've also found it useful for midscreen SG stuff. As the ball comes to them just jump and TF FRC and 2K for the low or airdash back j.K. Airdashing after TF FRC is a bit hard to control so practice that first before doing it in a match.

THX for the inspiration. I'll practice hard to perform it. More question: Do you have a good combo started with j.214 S / j.214 HS and IAD j.k / j.k ? THX for the answer I really aprreciate it.

mmm...still no answer. Maybe I'll try to clarify my question. For set up: FRC 214P (whiff) > j.K overhead What should I do after I do the j.k? I don't think we FRCing 214P just for doing j.K. And the same for set up: FRC TF > IAD j.k That's why I ask a good combo started j.k and IAD j.k. Is this clear enough? THX.

Um, ok. Whiff 214P FRC j.K is only something you'd do on oki, and usually with a disc. If it hits, then they're launched so just aircombo (5S 2HS, lone 2HS or 2-hit 5S and jump cancel). Without a disc, you should be in range for 5S© 2HS, although it's a bit tough to link. TF FRC -> ad.K depends. If you have height you can do j.K j.S; without much height you'd do j.K j.P j.K and land into ground string, optimally 5HS 2D or 5S 2HS for the juggle. If you're using with SG then you don't really need to do anything past the initial j.K, unless they had blocked it.

These are both oki setups that yield a combo if they hit, and if they fail, you setup another mixup right afterwards. Like, this is how you would use the first one: get a combo that ends in the corner with a low ad.D knockdown... land, 236H, then 214P. If you FRC as soon as possible, it whiffs and throw in the jump kick for a high hit. If you FRC late, it'll hit him before the FRC. Both options are DP safe if done right. The jump kick will pass through the DP's startup invincibility frames, letting you land and block before it reaches the DP's active frames. The late FRC is also safe, as the timing for the FRC is the same on hit or whiff, just buffer an FD out of the FRC incase they wakeup DP. Then, if one of these hits, the 236H comes out and floats them for an air combo. On slayer, testament, etc. you can follow up with a late as possible 2H -> JC(8) really late S-H -> ADC H -> ADC H land 2H -> JC(7or8) D -> ADC S-H -> ADC D land S© -> JC(9) P-K-S-H -> ADC D -> ADC D Most character though get hit by the S©-2H -> JC D -> ADC K-D -> ADC D follow up. On block (the jump kick), the disc is blocked, you dash in and do a mixup while they block the disc (like, dash 2369P -> FRC 214S AD(6) S then either land 2K-2S -> 236S or ADC S land S©-2H).

oh...I think I get it now. Thx for the good explaination. When I have something to ask, I can count on U guys.

Oh..I forgot to ask. What the function of Disc's FRC expecially for S. For HS, maybe I still able to see the usage. But in match I never see it used by Millia's player. Maybe you know the reason?

I noticed a lot of Normal A gets beaten by Normal B or Normal C beats a lot of things. What are the normals that millia has to stuff out most other normals? I was reading the anti-character things and I found a lot of those like Slayer's 5P beating air D. Is there an analyzation of each normal?

What are the normals that millia has to stuff out most other normals?

None, really. But here are some that come close:

- 2D at maximum range is the most 'abusable' normal that Millia has, because of the short amount of invincibility on her foot. Although it's damn near the slowest sweep in the game, this shouldn't matter too much at the range you'll be using it.

- j.D beats stuff, but loses to fullscreen 6P just as often. Still a good poke though.

- 5Sf actually has pretty good priority, but at the range you'll want to do it, it won't combo to anything meaningful (not even 5H-2D will reach, most of the time). Some people used to RC this move in #Reload to get inside easier, but that was more of a #R Millia thing since once she got one setup and connected, the match was yours to screw up.

- 6P is a good AA and high poke stuffer, but gets you killed if you whiff it or if your opponent goes low.

- 2H is great for creaming jump-ins but requires time to start, so it isn't all too useful.

- 2K is a pretty high-priority move as far as 5F pokes go. But you'll usually be doing this up close, where priority doesn't matter since your hitbox is in their face anyway.

But the real answer? PIN. Moves Millia's hitbox up and back, making it very difficult to hit her out of its startup. On hit / block, it allows you to move in safely and combo / mixup.

Sign in to follow this