Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

That sounds like it'd work well for TK Bad Moon as you have some amount of time to perform it, generally. I found that delaying the j.P helped me to get it down when I was having major problems with it. But, any advice on 5P - sj.K? Do it too slowly and the opponent can tech out. Too quickly and you may just flub the inputs. It almost feels like you have to do 5P - 1489K at times, especially on japanese sticks where inputs are very sensitive.

I have never ever in my life had a problem doing sj.K after anything I do. I'll get instant turbofall maybe 1/100 of the times I try it, even when I first started using her. For that, I think there's a method you're overlooking, and it isn't magic or brute force practice either. I honestly think it has something to do with when you're inputting your gatlings, and how well you can feel the delay between the hit-stun of a move, and performing a followup. I generally go from 5P into 159K, without any problems. Or 1259K. But I also delay it for a moment, I input 5P, then I input the SJC, then I input K. Steps 1, 2, then 3. I don't try steps 1, then 2+3, which is what I think you might be running into. Wait as long as possible and try it, go slow and work your way up, that way you understand just how long you have to buffer in your next command. Hope that helps!

Thanks much for the advice, AKA. It certainly does help - the delaying of the sj.K after the SJC has reduced my random turbofall by a significant amount after launching with 5S© or 2H. But 5P - sj.K is still a bit tough for me, as it can't really be delayed much at all. Guess all I can do here is try my damndest to avoid the df area of the stick, I'm thinking that's all it's coming down to in the end anyway... Random notes: I've also been experimenting around with TK Bad Moon FRC / RC. Since the FRC is immediately after Millia bounces away, I really doubt it can be hit-confirmed to allow for more pressure on block. Instead, what I've noticed is that with 50% tension, you can sort of option select by doing TK Bad Moon, timing the FRC point, then inputting a 6,6S. What this does is a FRC -> airdash S on block, or a 2-hit RC TK Bad Moon into running 5S© on hit. Effectively allowing you to either launch or keep up the pressure on hit or block, respectively. With only 25% tension gauge, you can of course just do the above also, but you won't get the RC. So you can just lay disc instead. Now the usefulness of this seems pretty limited to just blocked strings that end in 5S© (for high/low mixup at that point), or strange far-range knockdowns like 6H or 236S. And in the latter cases, a 236H FRC would probably be the better option. But hey, this is something to experiment with at the least! And, this does carry over to Slash as well.

In match situations, what do u guys think of FRC Bad Moon? It's pretty hard to pull off because of different timings on different characters and depending on situation..... to be honest I reckon that 25% tension is better used elsewhere.

I dunno. Millia doesn't exactly spend tension anywhere else except for her lockdowns/oki/high-lows. Plus, Bad Moon is really really bad on block, so being able to land the FRC is a huge advantage since it's a rather big part of her high and low game and landing it allows you to continue pressure or block. Also, I've been concentrating these past few days on landing said FRC. If on whiff or hit, it's actually a lot easier than on block, since she'll reach the FRC point once she hits the floor, and it's a definite timeframe unlike on block. One cue that I've found pretty reliable [on block] is the sound you get from the opponent blocking. I've landed it like 60% of the time listening out for the contact noise-thing. It's also probably the most reliable since you can't depend on muscle memory for this.

The FRC badmoon is not that hard to learn I'd say. When a bad moon is blocked it's sometimes a good idea to FRC it and then do a j.S or a j.P as you keep landing to keep the pressure going. I actually use it every now and then, but I don't see myself using it too often. So, it's good that it's there just incase it's needed, but the use of it is kind of limited.

Romancancel.com needs to put up Millia slash frame data. I don't even know how safe/bu safe bad moon is on block. Oh well... I'll just do it to my friend 100 times in a row and see how many times I get punished.

Bad Moon is -15 on block, plenty of time for you to get smacked. Unless of course you're covered by Disc.

Also, if you need it, here's my pile of Slash framedata. Most all of it is from that one Japanese site (don't know name offhand). English Order-Sol stuff is from RC.

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1CIUDUA1ZE48X3LO59UH2PVMYC

By the by... has anyone tried anything like the Bad Moon FRC / RC option-select I posted a short while ago? I'm wondering if it's even viable, I'll have to try it out some in the coming weeks.

Alright more questions: What combo do you guys generally use after a counterhit 6H? Right now I'm practicing: 6H (counterhit), roll, walk in, S©, 2H, SJC, j.K, j.S, j.H, Silent Force, land, 6H (secret garden). It does great damage and knocks down, but I can't seem to get it to work entirely consistently. Sometimes they tech just before the 6H hits them. Any advice on that combo, or a better combo I should be using?

You're probably going too high (due to the SJC). I would use just j.S-H, H-Pin after the launch, that was your H-Pin will cause a knockdown. Though you can probably add a couple of reps of the j.H loop in there before ending with 2H -> sj.S-Pin for the knockdown. Thanks for the framedata btw. Though, what I'm really looking for is Millia's translated #R framedata that RC had up awhile back (but doesn't seem to now). If you could post that it'd be much appreciated!

More dumb questions!! What do you guys do for an anti-air 6P combo? On counterhit, I think you can do 6P, roll, 5P, 5P, air combo (I usually go for the air combo mentioned earlier in this post). Otherwise I don't know, looks like they can tech pretty early.

Alright, after some long thought, I've decided that my new character will be Millia. But I don't normally use characters as fast as her, so I need some training wheels, please.

Forget advanced stuff for now, I can take the time to learn it when I get comofrtable with her movement, memorize her normals, and have some decent pressure strings and combos ready.

So thats what I need help with.

Being a Sol player I tend to rush in with 6K... Thats probably a bad idea because it looks like a bad idea. So whats the best move to rush in with if you feel like being reckless, and what should you gatling it into for block pressure / combos?

Millia seems to be all about crossups/mixups and shit, but does she have any B&B combos? Aside from her #R aircombo, of course, I'm trying to prepare myself for slash so I'm not gonna bother learning that.

More questions to come soon.

Usually rushing with Millia is a bad idea. Trying to land a counter hit with jumping dust works. Before in #R what you did with millia was catch someone with a pin while jumping around. Now... It's either that or try to get them with a counter hit or an anti-air 5P as they jump in. Also, crouching S into her air combo.

Hmm, so in other words I should have more of a Johnny mindset when playing her? (Johnny is my other main) Anyway, I love her high damage Tandem / Hair car FRC combos, what are some good ones and when should I use them?

After H tandem top hits you can usually run in, 5S (close or far), 2H, air combo. 214P in the corner is the same, except obviously you have to FRC it. 214P, FRC, dash in, slash, 2H, corner loop air combo.

Some more notes that may help:

- Millia has near-zero priority on most everything, so rushing in will tend to get you killed. As such you can't play her recklessly, at all.

- Use 2D at its max range to score knockdowns and go into pressure from there.

- Running 6P or 6P after a short string works well if you're fishing for CHs, combo to either 6H -> Roll from far range or 5H-2D -> Roll at close range, then add Disc from there. I guess 6P is her most 'spammable move' priority-wise, but if it's jumped then you die, so use it sparingly if opponent starts getting jumpy, and AA them instead the next time with:

- 2H: great AA, untechable launch on CH (just followup with another 2H -> B&B, for added damage). A little slow though, so it's not all that great. (More info on Millia's AA options can be found here)

- There's a lot of good info on basic B&B loop / knockdown combo stuff in the 'Slash Millia Preliminary Guide' thread, so definitely check that out.

- Due to her lack of priority and good pokes that lead into B&B, Millia is pretty susceptible to abusable normals like Sol 2D, Dizzy 5K and etc. So if you're getting frustrated by simple tactics such as these just post up here and hopefully someone'll provide some advice!

Good stuff, shes a lot more different than I expected. More questions: What are some good tactics using her double airdash? And any advice on how to use Secret Garden effectively? I see a shitload of potential in that thing. I know to set it up after knockdowns and whatnot, but I'm talking about where to make it move and different strats involving different SG patterns. Edit: I saw a combo vid not too long ago (might be "Double") where SG guarded Millia as she ran through two Invite Hell drills... that shit was KING. Any other cool tricks like that?

I still have to ask whether Instant Bad Moon or Instant turbo Fall have any good use. One trick with double airdash against some human opponents is to set up H tandem top on top iof the fallen opponent. Jump and airdash behind them as the disc forms. This can cause the human player to hold their back button to ebecome thier forward button when Millia is on the other side and get hit. If successful AD backwards and continue as you please.

Can someone explain to me what the hairpin does? I tried looking it up on GFaqs but the explanation was like a really bad Japanese translation. Thanks.

zer0: TK Bad Moon isn't really as useful as TK Ensenga or TK Shitsu, since the damage potential isn't as high, and if its blocked and you don't FRC/RC, you die. It also, like many of Millia's moves, has almost no priority, so random pokes can hit you out of it during pressure strings, which again limits its usefulness. TK Turbofall is okay for crossups, but now there's extra landing recovery on it, so who knows. I wasn't really a fan of that move for crossing up anyhow, and now it seems even less useful. Tritone: Millia can just do an Impossible Dust with j.D, then pretty much anything after it. Still does really poor damage though. Suichi: Hairpin (or just Pin) leaves the opponent in the air and gives major untechable time in Slash, allowing you to follow up with her B&B combo (j.H/2H loop), as well as go for knockdown from midscreen. It also changes her jump trajectory and staggers opponent on CH - meaning that you can IAD in and throw Pin (usually S version), if they tried to AA you it's most likely a CH stagger so you can land and launch for some damage. Not as useful as in #R though since you absolutely need the Pin to do real damage now, and so can't afford to throw out Pin as often outside of combos.

Sign in to follow this