Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

yo i really have no idea how to play AC or gg in general but i want to pick up millia and was hoping to get some info here... so what about normals, pokes and basic combos? also what about this hair pin business????

yo i really have no idea how to play AC or gg in general but i want to pick up millia and was hoping to get some info here... so what about normals, pokes and basic combos? also what about this hair pin business????

glad you asked! I'm putting up a preliminary guide soon with all the basic info on millia.

Basically, she is easy to use, but hard to master.

I hope you were talking about Potemkin... :psyduck:

I don't think I can agree with that... If you're new to Millia you're probably going to make a bunch of mistakes that decent players will rape your health bar with (lulz freelia rage). Though, hard to master is a yes.

I haven't been keeping up lately but, there any actual guide being worked on? Forgive me if there actually is one because I can't seem to find it.

I don't think I can agree with that... If you're new to Millia you're probably going to make a bunch of mistakes that decent players will rape your health bar with (lulz freelia rage). Though, hard to master is a yes.

I haven't been keeping up lately but, there any actual guide being worked on? Forgive me if there actually is one because I can't seem to find it.

AFAIK, it's coming!!!!! In the meantime, you can check out some amazing throw combos (thanks to blitz).

I've been thinking about trying to learn Millia... and i have a question.. Is it necessary to learn all her char-specific combos? i read the combo thread and she has a fuckin metric ass-ton of char-specific, situation specific combos.. if you need them all, then there's no way i can play her.. my brain just can't hold that many button inputs.

Well actually, a lot of those combos can be done on a lot of characters so you can group some of them into a general weight class thing. But it is to your benefit to learn as many of those as possible so that you can always be ready to transition a random hit into a knockdown it at all possible. And once you get the hang of a few of her combos, you start to be able to eyeball your opponents height andcan usually adjust your combo accordingly. It really isn't that bad, it just LOOKS like a lot. For example, notice a lot of mid-weight characters can be throw comboed the same way. I say a t least give her a try for a week or two and see what comes of it.

BBQ sauce, just give MI a couple of hours and you will see roughly what shes like against different characters. Then another day or two you u should be able to do some nice combos. Within a week or two you should be able to play Millia fairly decent with some combos and stuff.

Unless you're me, who took 5 months of ass-beastings before actually causing upsets with Millia. Millia isn't a character you can play with in training mode with then just win matches. You'll need alot of match-up experience. I've been playing Millia for a while now and I STILL can't get enough experience vs any given character. Except Potemkin n Slayer, got 'nuff experience on them.

With me having to play some Dizzy we will get some good experience so that the EU Dizzies won't be eating most of the UK players from random things like bubbles. If you see the GChariot matches this is what we have to go through though. I will eventually get back to Millia but who knows she could be better. If you have a good grasp in your overall basic play in GG, Millia won't take long to pick up outside of learning her combos and her various oki tricks.

yeah, what you just said is true. but you still have to accumulate experience from each character to be able to build a good strategy. >_<

Unless you're me, who took 5 months of ass-beastings before actually causing upsets with Millia.

Millia isn't a character you can play with in training mode with then just win matches. You'll need alot of match-up experience. I've been playing Millia for a while now and I STILL can't get enough experience vs any given character. Except Potemkin n Slayer, got 'nuff experience on them.

thats true of every character in every game.. i'm just sayin i need hit training mode to learn at least some combos, before i attempt play against anyone.

its a good idea to learn sum combos b4 u go into matchups. that way u hav sum simple bread nd butter combos that are simple nd easy to use.

Who is actually doing the guide? Teyah said he might do it (he did a fucking awesome job on the Eddie guide) but since he did that massive Eddie guide already, I wouldn't be too sure about how much time he has to make another character guide.

Millia is just too cool. Since she's not my main, a guide would help a lot since I can't put most of my focus on her.

Slight change of plans, we are sort of both doing the guide now. It will most likely follow the same layout as the Eddie guide. Something significant will be posted up by next weekend (I'd promise sooner, but midterms this week for me).

Sign in to follow this