Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

Slight change of plans, we are sort of both doing the guide now. It will most likely follow the same layout as the Eddie guide. Something significant will be posted up by next weekend (I'd promise sooner, but midterms this week for me).

Cool. No rush, git dem "A's" yo!

Do any of you guys use j.h as a crossup? Or just j.k since it's faster? I ask because j.h has been doing me some good in my corner fb disc mixups, but I wondered if j.k is still better.

depends on the matchup, but yeah, it can be useful (damage output is certainly higher).

Do you guys have an easier way to do the "fadeaway" tk fb disc? I can't do it consistantly at all. It's such a good asset to have if you can master it.

She does the tk fb disc jumping away from the opponent. Having trouble doing it fast enough to come out as low as the other tk fb discs.

2367D. Do it slow enough so that she's already off the ground when you press D, but not too slow that the 236 isn't "stored" when you jump.

Maybe; there were a couple of times (like last year's SBO, I think) where he's referred to as Nakamurahiro; not sure if it's the same person though the connection may be there.

"hiro nakamura" LOL @ Heroes. But yeah, being serious, if he made those CM's, Nakamura is a leg-end.

I recall hearing a long time ago (before Heroes came out, even) that Hiro = Nakamura, and yes that was said to be his full name.

stuff that i learned from playing against blacksnake... venom lock down is no joke...step your defense up...watch out for overheads or tick throws, its gonna do alotta damage with your guard bar jacked up...you CAN look for spots to fd jump out or roll but you BETTER make sure your gonna make it out or your screwed imo in this match, good offense is probably your best defense, so stay on him...dont ease up getting in by air is a good option but only if you have pin, venom AA is really good watch out for his sweep, its pretty damn good all i can think of, im sure someone else can help out

Things to watchout for. - When you knock him down and set up a HS disc, be weary as any Venom with Millia experience will just 2d on wakeup n he gets a free CH if you're attempting a low mixup. - If he tries to cross you up on wakeup with a ball coming in one direction and he dash jumps then AD's backwards for a crossup, ALWAYS block in the direction he's attacking. I always fell for trying to block the ball in one direction then getting hit until I was told this. - Learn to IB his dubious curve so you have some hope of getting away if you're stuck in a blockstring ending with it. If you can SB it then thats even better. You could FD it but why waste all that tension? - Don't try to AA him, especially if he's chucking j.HS out, it owns. - Venom has a narrow hitbox, so if you go for an IAD BnB, when you land go for 2k, 2s, emerald rain, otherwise you won't hit him. Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, this is just random stuff off the top of my head...

Thanks. Yeah, that crossup shit does indeed suck. And his 2d does own. How do I go about Baiken. I'm afraid to do blockstrings that last more than 3 hits cuz of her guard cancels. I go for throws A LOT when I fight her. I mostly play keep away when I'm not in throw range. Any better suggestions?

It's VERY useful for tick throw setups and makes any normal lead to a high/low/throw/etc...

So I was looking through some of the combo lists and was wondering, how many of you actually start your combos with 2s/5s in a real match? Shit isn't reliable for me, so I usually throw a 2p in front of "x" combo.

Few combos actually start with 5S, but it's a good 'measuring stick' of a combo's damage relative to other combos, which is why most combos are listed as starting from a 5S. Most combos will be starting from 2K, air-to-ground stuff, throws, or (FB) Disc + *insert normal here*.

Sweet. Is there any crazy kind of way to frame trap with Millia? Or at least put the small advantages off her 2p and 2k to good use in pressure strings? I'm thinking Jam type shit by the way. I'm just not sure if Millia works the same way.:blue:

Millia doesn't really have any good use for the +2/+1 she gets from 2P and 2K, since she needs to be super close to combo, and all of her damaging options are one-shot attempts that don't flow / hitconfirm well to decent pressure on block, unlike Jam. She can still use broken pressure maybe once or twice with quick moves (generally 2K), but nothing to the extent that Jam can. I've seen broken 2K/throw used in a few vids. But yeah, keeping up pressure with Millia usually involves her basic string to jc'able normal, then generic "jump back, insta-forward AD, Pin" stuff. If it's setups you're after, broken pressure doesn't really help since you can do that off the first string in the first place.

Some more notes that may help:

- Millia has near-zero priority on most everything, so rushing in will tend to get you killed. As such you can't play her recklessly, at all.

- Use 2D at its max range to score knockdowns and go into pressure from there.

- Running 6P or 6P after a short string works well if you're fishing for CHs, combo to either 6H -> Roll from far range or 5H-2D -> Roll at close range, then add Disc from there. I guess 6P is her most 'spammable move' priority-wise, but if it's jumped then you die, so use it sparingly if opponent starts getting jumpy, and AA them instead the next time with:

- 2H: great AA, untechable launch on CH (just followup with another 2H -> B&B, for added damage). A little slow though, so it's not all that great. (More info on Millia's AA options can be found here)

- There's a lot of good info on basic B&B loop / knockdown combo stuff in the 'Slash Millia Preliminary Guide' thread, so definitely check that out.

- Due to her lack of priority and good pokes that lead into B&B, Millia is pretty susceptible to abusable normals like Sol 2D, Dizzy 5K and etc. So if you're getting frustrated by simple tactics such as these just post up here and hopefully someone'll provide some advice!

i tend to sometimes run in and then roll, which may do one of two things. it may go under their attemp to stop me then giving me a free throw or i end up behind them which is a free throw; a free 236h>214s(4 hits)>6h;or a 236s>214p.

Sign in to follow this