Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

Can you follow up with combo after without having to FRC the HS Disc after successful iron saviour frc mix-up(Koichi or Woshige Kick)? I can follow up with FB Disc so far but can't with just HS Disc. I think that I saw one match vid where HS Disc > Koichi Kick(whipped Iron Saviour FRC>j.K) > Combo but I have yet to see HS Disc > Woshige Kick(guarded Iron Saviour FRC>j.K) > Combo. I'm sorry if I'm asking a very obvious question.

Eh, no 'Woshige Kick' isn't possible off a non-FRCed disc, not enough time. Not sure if it still works off an FRCed disc anymore since it used to be tight even with the old FRC window.

Eh, no 'Woshige Kick' isn't possible off a non-FRCed disc, not enough time. Not sure if it still works off an FRCed disc anymore since it used to be tight even with the old FRC window.

That is what I needed to know. Thanks a lot. I got HS Disc > Koichi Kick > Combo to work but Woshige Kick is not working. Not enough time. :kitty:

woshige kick?

koichi kick?

transcribing these things might be a good idea...

Koichi Kick(whipped Iron Saviour FRC>j.K)

Woshige Kick(guarded Iron Saviour FRC>j.K)

This terms came few years ago :psyduck: I thought that everyone knew.

huh... What's the point of guarded 214P -> FRC, falling j.K? What you do from that point is what would be mixup, like, j.K, land, then either rejump kick or 2K/S if you have 236D on them, but by itself it isn't mixup since there's no way to put something else where the j.K would be. I mean, it'll hit a sleeping opponent or one that doesn't know there could be anything after 214P, but I'm sure even decent players realize millia is airborne for a quick minute after FRCing the iron savior and will block high just long enough to be sure she won't try to sneak one in. Whiffed version works as a mixup by itself since you can delay or not delay the FRC of 214P to either overlap or not overlap your opponents first hittable frames on wakeup. So you'll either boot to the head or hair to the leg, but it's the same frame on which they are getting nailed either way. Millia... really doesn't have a way to set up the actual mixup at midscreen in AC with or without FB disc since recovery on landing from tk badmoon went from 9F to 12F (though the recovery actually starts from the bounce, it's the same number of frames from the bounce to landing in all versions of ggxx), and we have no roflcopter j.H anymore, not since #R. I'm sure you could FRC the badmoon, but if you did that, might as well 5K-5K -> aircombo to corner where you could set it up off a low altitude j.D and 2366H, 214P... I guess I'm outta the loop on terms? But it just seems they are made up by people who don't know millia well and just watch vids. The only thing I could think of is using it with 236H -> FRC late enough straight into 214P -> FRC that you could either j.K before landing (then disc hits) or land straight into a throw right before the disc hits after the stun from 214P wears off. I honestly just refer to that crap as Iron Savior Antics or Shenanigans if ya like...

huh...

What's the point of guarded 214P -> FRC, falling j.K? What you do from that point is what would be mixup, like, j.K, land, then either rejump kick or 2K/S if you have 236D on them, but by itself it isn't mixup since there's no way to put something else where the j.K would be.

Well, fb disc, 214p frc, falling j.k does work if used rarely. Since they'll assume the frc is used to make yourself safe if blocked/go into a combo on hit. It does mess people up, but shouldn't be in your main mixups by any means.

which mixups should i use on mid screen mainly? and which on corner? usually on corner i go for 236hs iad ... land > some low/high or double ad on mid screen usually i use fb then some simple stupid low/high like 6k which one u suggest as most effective? edit :btw is posible to after jump installing and use 214p to 6frc6 ? i use frc>9>6 though losing one ad becuase it is consider dj :(

First I'll list the usual mixups Millia uses in the corner and midscreen while the opponent is waking up with a disc set on top of them. Corner: High options- TK Badmoon - it's bad on block unless it's used with an FB disc or you frc it, 6K, Hair Car frc into jumping kick. low options- 2K, Hair car, 2S, in addition to raw highs and lows Millia can also go for a throw if she trained her opponent to block before the green disc comes out. Millia can go for ADC mixups usually starting with her jumping slash then airdashing and either go for another j.S, land and throw, or land and do a low. Or Millia can use her Hair Car FRC to go for a high/low/throw mixup. Midscreen: Millia can do everything she can in the corner and more. Some of the added things are her HS Disc crossups and her FB aerial disc crossups. There are some more mixups that I know I didn't mention such as her turbo fall FRC and her bad moon FRC, but they're not very effecient. As to which mixups to use when. Midscreen it's good to throw out the usual corner mixups (with the exception of ADC mixups. They don't work well midscreen) with the crossups here and there for mind games. In the corner use all the corner mixups. I usually use ADC mixups or just jump land and go with a high or low.

Generally if you can airjump, then you can airdash. I don't play Millia, so maybe there is some other factor that I don't know about. But I'd wager that a straight airdash is just hard. Has anyone tried FRCing on the very first frame of the FRC window. That way she's at her highest, giving you more time to get an airdash out, and possible not having to fudge around with the hitstop from the car.

Iron Saviour needs to be jump-installed to get a double jump afterwards. After a JI you cannot airdash afterwards, as Millia is too low and won't meet the minimum height requirement for airdashes. While Iron Saviour FRC double jump is possible, it's tricky to set up. It's extremely difficult to do from a self-JI, as it requires a 2147P JI + first-frame j.K. It's quite a bit easier and actually practical to do a deep jumping attack into immediate 214P on landing (auto JI), and from there you can do a j.K into a double jump, or a double jump IAD. Might find some use against Potemkin if you can hit him with falling j.K dj.K-S, I doubt anyone else would be large enough to fuzzy guard with the dj.K and continue a combo.

there IS a time you can airdash out of it! But you need to be in one of the extra modes (gg mode) that lets you airdash as low as you want =3

in mid screen combos, generally you want to 8Jc..off throw 9jc and in corner on the left side 7jc or 8jc flip directions for the right side(obviously)...

Question! I finished all the missions on AC+ with Millia except for the mission where you battle Potemkin: Gold. It is set as Combo Damage: Over 19 and I was wondering if I could get some advice for getting that done? I can never get that high!

Here's a standard relaunch aircombo that will do the job: Running 2K-5S-2H, jump forward j.K-S-H, ADC j.D, ADC j.S-H, land, jump forward j.K-S-H, ADC j.D, ADC j.H xx 214S, land 214SSSSSSSSS (24 hits)

Here's a standard relaunch aircombo that will do the job:

Running 2K-5S-2H, jump forward j.K-S-H, ADC j.D, ADC j.S-H, land, jump forward j.K-S-H, ADC j.D, ADC j.H xx 214S, land 214SSSSSSSSS (24 hits)

Three questions if I may!

1. I'm not at all familiar with Jump Cancel and Air Dash Cancel. In theory, I figure I understand what it means. Hitting 8 or Dashing during the move so it cancels it? Will it be obvious if I do it? I can do the combo until here. I realize I have to repeat this twice.

2. 'xx' after j.H. What does the xx mean? A brief pause? or?

3. HA. I was having HORRIBLE problem today with 214S, in the air, Silent Force I think it's called. I can do her 236P Bad Moon on command with absolutely no difficulty. However her 214S I can NEVER really get. Even when on the player 2 side, 214P is still easy. Silent Force is terribly difficult for me to execute for reasons that completely escape me. I tried different timing and input speeds but no avail! Any advice?

I appreciate that response, and any subsequent ones :)

1. yes 2. It just means that you cancel that move into another move, usually a special, the special move appearing after the 'xx'. 3. It could be because you don't have the pin when you input the command.

Hey, don't worry about asking what you think might be silly questions. We're here to help after all!

If the notation is a bit confusing, just check out this conventions chart.

1. j.K is indeed jump kick.

2. Air dash cancel (ADC) is done by double tapping forward (66) during any ADCable move - these being j.S, j.H,and j.D.

3. xx is an old method of writing 'cancel' and is typically used for special or super moves.

4. When you try to do Silent Force in the air, what comes out when you fail? If you just get a j.S, then that means you're probably hitting S too early, before you're finished the 214 motion. It could also mean that you don't have the Pin (it's somewhere on the ground; you need to pick it up before you can use it again).

Btw, I just messed around and came up with another 20+ hit combo that is probably much easier to perform than the one above:

Potemkin near (1/3 to 1/4 screen away) from corner:

r.2K-5Sc(2)-5H(2) xx 236236S, r.214SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS (23 hits)

In plain language, that is:

Running low Kick, standing close Slash (both hits), standing Heavy (both hits) cancelled into Emerald Rain overdrive, then run in and quickly do a quarter-circle back + mash S as hard as you can

The Silent Force, yes, it normally comes out as a j.S for me. I'll try that. And I have to actually pick up the projectile again? How curious; I had no idea! That may help. For the easier combo, I can't seem to get the very basic cancel down. Instead of the standing Heavy being cancelled into Emerald Rain overdrive, it goes into her 236S spin move, Tandem Top(?), then Emerald Rain, and when I go into 214SSS-- it only gets me about 15 or so. I'm probably inputting Emerald Rain too early so it only registers one 236 but I wanted to be sure on something: When you say "cancelled into" does that mean anything specific? Do I just input ER right after the two Heavy Slashes? I think I'm mostly getting caught up in that~. I -really- appreciate this!

you want to input ER during the heavy slash. Try having the move inputted right after the 2nd hit.

Sign in to follow this