Sign in to follow this  
TGS

General Millia Q&A Thread (Ask away!)

Did anybody check that recent Millia vs Dizzy vid in Game 41?

Uh... Dizzy fucked her up in that vid... Millia didn't do anything special.

Agreed. And in the MI v IN match most interesting thing she did was waste her pin.. I-no player just wasn't so great.. Millia vids ar beginning to disappoint me now :(

Question!!!!!!!!!! Baiting bursts with Millia: Tips/tricks/advice? Do you guys use any special block strings or combos that you know to be burst safe when you are expecting a blue burst?

Question!!!!!!!!!!

Baiting bursts with Millia: Tips/tricks/advice? Do you guys use any special block strings or combos that you know to be burst safe when you are expecting a blue burst?

Any block strings that uses as many jump cancellable normals as possible = good for baiting Bursts. So if they're gonna burst, you can jump cancel your normal and block the burst and punish them. For example, 5K, c.5S(2 hits), 2HS, is a good blockstring because all 3 normals are jump cancellable. Also you can follow up the 2HS with an IAD into something to keep pressure on or whatnot...

I dont know if this will help you guys when doing TK bad moon or TK turbo fall but, anyways this is how I do TK badmoon/Turbofall. 2369k,k (or punch) (after the first kick, delay about 1/10's of a second then press kick again) or 2369 *delay a bit* then k I can TK those two for about 95% of the time :) Dont know if the one im doing is called mashing haha XD

Whats the use of it anyways. TK Shitsu or TK Ensenga rule this.

TK Bad Moon = Really fast overhead into a knockdown. One of her options for her HS Tandem Top okizeme game.

TK Turbofall = Really fast crossup to the other side. Again, one of her options for her HS Tandem Top okizeme game.

If you land a non-corner knockdown at close range and can go directly into Disc FRC without running in closer, then yes, it works well enough. But oftentimes this isn't the case, the best you can get is running Disc FRC pressure from farther ranged knockdowns like 2D / aircombo to land 6H. Just make sure you know well in advance which setups give you enough time to make the TK Turbofall crossup worth doing. =)

Okay so I've seen people do things like H tandem top, FRC, insta-bad moon in vids. It looks like all the hits of the bad moon hit, then the tandem top hits, floating and allowing for followups. 1) Can you follow this up midscreen or does it have to be in the corner? 2) The way I'm doing it is just FRC, super quick bad moon motion and P. Is this the only way, or is there a shortcut for doing this like there is for "tandem top FRC > roll" and "tandem top FRC > iron savior"?

1) You can only follow this up when you are nearing corner or in the corner itself. Follow up with 5P jc.K-S-H, H Pin -> loop works on many characters. 2) The FRC on Disc is not actually required to be able to combo after TKBM, though timing is kinda strict without it and followups only possible when very close to corner without FRC. And yeah, motion is just 236H, timed 2369P as soon as 236H recovers (or as soon as you FRC it), no special input needed.

If you manage to link a gatling but unable to end it with 2H is it good to just use 5H,2D, Ttop to end that gatling provided that its doable and its outside of 2H's range?

If you can't launch them, then go for the next best alternative, which is a knockdown. So yeah, end it with a 2D into Ground Roll to put you closer to them so you can plant a HS Tandem Top right on top of them. Or instead of Ground Roll, you can do Secret Garden as well.

You know Ive been wondering. 5H is the only thing that 2D can follow up with leading to a knock down. What I want to ask is that if you manage to land a hit but is out of range for 2H so the loop or an aerial followup isnt possible (except if 6H hits and if its countered). What will do? Is it better to link to 5H to 2D so an OTG game can take place or jut follow with haircar? Are there other viable options? Also I read in the Millia for newb thread is that Millia cant be played recklessly. So errr...what is the best course of action the moment the match starts? Dodge around and find an opening to strike? Is it possible to play aggresively? Heck is there a line between aggressive and reckless?

[quote name='zer0kage

Also I read in the Millia for newb thread is that Millia cant be played recklessly. So errr...what is the best course of action the moment the match starts? Dodge around and find an opening to strike? Is it possible to play aggresively? Heck is there a line between aggressive and reckless?[/quote']

i just try for a air dust counter to get in there initaily and then just try to lock down and mix up if you feel like your lock down game is faltering relax and try for more counter hits. patience is key for me. but i do love the rush down game.

j.D spam can be beat in a number of ways, easiest of those being running in with FD dash break into crouch (most chars can avoid the j.D entirely by crouching), then hit Millia for free as she suffers j.D landing recovery. Many characters can also outprioritize it even from mid-fullscreen with their 6P or other high-priority moves and get a free knockdown on CH on Millia. Of course j.D is still a good move overall.. it's just not something you should be able to spam mindlessly and get away with. I find Millia's ability to land ground CHs is very poor, so when you mentioned "if you feel like your lock down game is faltering relax and try for more counter hits", which moves did you have in mind? Just seemed a bit vague... are there any specific examples you can give?

Sign in to follow this