Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

Ky Accent Core Matchup Thread

I really have bad experiences with matchups but last night while I was playing AC with some guys I realized that I have no idea how to fight against Chipp and the Robot Ky :(

VRo-Ky : Rush him down ;D

Any Tips for Dizzy match up(i prefer what need's to do and what not)

and btw i played Dizzy and only find the hardest time for me against Ky is Knock down on corner and no tension available, but all i need to do is blocking, counter his tick throw and stupid mix up games (;^_^)a

Ky strong point (cmiiw):

Cross Up Greed sever is the only decent mix up that Ky has Imho, and most of his air normals beat all Dizzy normals(except properly spaced j.s), SE kill fish, 14hit VT loop can actually dish 50% of Dizzy life bar with only 1/4 tension [i need counter hit to do that kind of damage (;^_^)>], and 6k XD

can't Ky Capitalize this to actually owning the match? :/

Cross Up Greed sever is the only decent mix up that Ky has Imho

Gimmicks and mixup are not one and the same. A definition of mixup would be: your method of breaking the opponent's defense with two or more safe, potentially damaging options. The simplest way to explain that would be: normal with good recovery > walk > throw, same normal > cancel to different normal, same normal > walk > another normal, etc. You insert things like these into your blockstrings, and as for overheads, Dust instead of Greed Sever. It's much easier to make Dust safe. At max range, it's hard to punish. If somebody blocks Greed Sever at max range...well, I'm not sure why they'd even be standing there watching the move animate for three seconds and not already hitting you lol.

I've yet to fight a really good Dizzy. All I can tell you is her defense sucks in like every way and her hitboxes are enormous.

err no, he actually doing a cross up with GS as Oki on my crouching Dizzy (;^_^)> and following it with VT loop or what ever he got in mind

Well at least now we all know what to do against YOUR Dizzy :eng101:

but it ain't a mix-up if you keep doing it =X

it's not a mixup to begin with blarghaghahg

omfg it was a joke!! AND YOU RUINED IT!! :gonk: :gonk: :gonk:

no... he do it rarely(like 1 every 10 or more rounds),... and that's why most of the time it'll hit (;-_-)a ... and i'm starting to think he just have terrible spacing =X

This guy hits you with crossup GS once every 10 fights, but you said it's probably Ky's only decent mixup option. Sounds like...he's doing crossup GS entirely by accident and everything else is random in the purest, most awesome way. On the subject of matchups, Stun Edge FRC is also -very- useful against I-no. Not only can you punish TK note, but you can also likely get in well enough to knock her down. Force Breaks are of course amazing as well. Cross will take care of notes for you, it may negate Chemical Love also. I just wish there was a way to do with her ground super.

This guy hits you with crossup GS once every 10 fights, but you said it's probably Ky's only decent mixup option. Sounds like...he's doing crossup GS entirely by accident and everything else is random in the purest, most awesome way.

<--- cut --->

i meant with a decent mix up is,... because it almost nail me every time he use it while everything else he use(jd->cross up j.s,se frc d/2k/gs,tick throw, etc...) got blocked or get into ZOMGWTF counter :/ ... ok once in a while i got caught and feel the pain but most of the time he need to reset his spacing(he can't se forever didn't he?) or eat counter if he force to break through... and i don't care if u tried to be sarcastic... i'ts my fault in the 1st place not being able to provide a videos of that horrible match :v:

i meant with a decent mix up is,... because it almost nail me every time he use it while everything else he use(jd->cross up j.s,se frc d/2k/gs,tick throw, etc...) got blocked or get into ZOMGWTF counter :/ ... ok once in a while i got caught and feel the pain but most of the time he need to reset his spacing(he can't se forever didn't he?) or eat counter if he force to break through... and i don't care if u tried to be sarcastic... i'ts my fault in the 1st place not being able to provide a videos of that horrible match :v:

I think you can block it facing any direction if he didnt did it precisely at the bottom of your hit box

I don't know what you are talking about... are you saying you can block a crossup in either direction if they "do it too early"? That makes no sense, you have to hold back in relation to you opponent to block anything. crossup or otherwise. please clarify your statement

Umm acctualy thats true, if you do an attack as a true meaty, and you arent in the corner. It is not possible to cross up. However if you FD it is. There are other circumstances that can change what is, and what is not possible though. If a character has been knocked down standing or ducking, if a character has done a dust in the round. EtC ETc etc...

Umm acctualy thats true' date=' if you do an attack as a true meaty, and you arent in the corner. It is not possible to cross up. However if you FD it is. There are other circumstances that can change what is, and what is not possible though. If a character has been knocked down standing or ducking, if a character has done a dust in the round. EtC ETc etc...[/quote']

Also, certain knockdown moves nullify this property on the next wakeup (the same ones that can cause corner crossups to be possible).

If you get an idea for how long the window is in which either direction blocks, you can actually option select walk forward+throw vs. block on wakeup.

interesting points of trivia. these all seem very situational though, like saying eddie's unblockable is technically blockable if you can switch from high to low guard on the exact frame necessary. is this what ky0n01 is talking about? because he's talking about positioning, and not timing. Anyways, ky0n01, please clarify your statement, or (preferably) let's get back to talking about matchups instead of ky mixups that we fall for.

Hrmm? Deffintly not situational.. You get knocked down diff all the time. The way you get up is constantly changeing what works and what doesnt... Stuff like this comes up a lot acctualy... maybe just not noticeable I guess unless you were looking for it...

Baiken's one of those characters you have to fight differently than the rest of the cast. Bait counters as best you can. When they have to really think about whether it's safe or not to counter, you're playing the match right. If you have life advantage, let her stay on the other side of the screen and throw mats all day. If she comes after you, it's likely going to be with a j.S or a j.H, and you can deal with those. The new counter makes things a little different, but it's still definitely a manageable match imo. Just don't rush her with moves that won't recover in time to block/avoid the counter, maximize damage on combos and THROW

Our local May is seriously terrorizing the community. Everyone suffers from his stupid combos and okizeme (k, 2d; k,d; 2[8]hs; k, throw). He jumps like crazy all the time and he's hard to hit as May has a great priority in the air. Could anyone advise some decent strategy versus him? Spamming dp doesn't help =)

how about using Ky's 6P for may..? Ky has a good 6P and has invunerability on it. If she like jumping, punish her with 6P is a good choice. Or if you dare to take a risk, Use Vapour Thrust but It's not recommended.

Since I mess around with May a bit. I'll Record some stuff in Training mode that is common enough and tell you what Ky has that beats it. Here are my findings for May's Jump ins. j.H loses to quite a bit. HSVT Will beat it clean. Matter of fact. It beats all of May's Jump ins. She might bait it with low j.H Land>Block tho or whatever. SVT is the same deal as HSVT. But if you land this. It will be Counter hit. And then you get like 120 points of Damage. 6P Beats j.S/j.P/j.K cleanly. Will either Clash or Beat j.H. Depends on how Deep you are. And If May isn't directly over you. It will beat j.2H as well. If you get a 6P off her j.2H you get a 3 Rep Tensionless LJ combo for 180 Damage. But if shes directly over you. it will lose. 2H Beats everything she has. Clean. Into pretty solid damage. You can use 5H vs. her j.H if you do it while j.H is starting up. You'll get a counterhit off of it. For like 210 Damage. Seemed fairly viable. Altho Risky. 5P Works vs. j.S But why bother. Ky has her Covered pretty well Air to Air. You even have underused options like 5H. Which is pretty random.

if you could put out a matchup in numers (5:5, 4.5:5.5, etc.), what would you put Sol/HOS at? I'm curious, since they're the "main rivals" in the story.

Sol I dont know. I would guess 5:5 maybe 5.5:4.5 Sol's favor? I personally think hes a bad match up for Ky. But whatever. HOS on the other hand. 6:4 Ky. But those are just my opinions.