Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanicaGee

Bridget vs. May

Hello people, I'm starting this thread because I need some pointers on how to fight against may.My friend plays May and he's pretty descent with her, but the thing is that I could read him pretty well and I cant punish him effectively. Any advice? Any fighting style I should fight May?

Grounded blocked SVD punish with dashing 5k 2d/f.s/2d/possibly even f.s 6s air combo. Its all distance dependant though. HVD is beaten out by 6p CH 6s BnB 3k blocked is a free 3p/2s CH take your pick f.s will punish whiffed may normals (mainly 2.s/f.s)

thanx. I know a few of those punishes already. My friend does either vertical or horizontal dolphin at the end of a block string, I know there is a gap between the last dolphin. Is there any normals I could use ,without getting countered, to stop the last hit of the block string or do I just have to block it all? I've tried 6p and 3p already, I just get countered. Do you know how this match up is ratiowise?

Have you tried 6S? Also, do not let May get in on you or you will eat a dolphin loop. Also, we have a matchups section now. Should this get moved there?

Yeah I tried that, it works if May does her HS Vertical Dolphin, but if you whiff May could punish with her 3k(that blanka slide) if I remember right....There was nothing in the match up section, so I put it here. :/

I guess it's all down to spacing then. If you space it right she "May" not be able to punish you. I've not really fought May, just a suggestion.

You're right, Bridget technically has more range, but one dolphin loop could change the whole match. I guess I just gotta keep May out of range then, play keep-away.

may is a bit hard to deal with she can, frame trap you alone with j.hs, jumpcancel j. h.s again and its increibly hard to air throw, her damage off her command throw and on counter is nothing to feel good about espically playing as bridget the only only saving grace about fighting may is that her most damaging loop is not the easiest to pull of, and a properly timed 6p will net you a combo...but this is properly timed....also it is near impossible to air throw her..she will always be jump.hs spamming all over the place...from a distance j.s with bridget might beat it though....... up close j.air(him bridget) vs may j.air you will more then likely be countered into so much of your life being gone...but the running shennigans tactics are hard for may to deal with though to an extent.And you can meet may in the air with air starship...to help calm her down a bit.

Why everyone but May players hate May :vbang:

Its because 5HS, j.HS, 6HS, and 6P. You die getting hit by these. Also, 6P has been known to cause concussions (dizzy) on one hit in an opening round, I've done it before more than once.

Why everyone but May players hate May :vbang:

because our character is actually a girl and awesome. :/ go figure. Stop doing wake-up starships (or W/E the hell that DP move is called) dammit, I'm going to bait them and punish you for them.and stop being so poke-happy,even though we trade with certain pokes,6P stuffs them and it isn't something you want to be trading with May, since Bridget gets dizzy faster than a drunkard on his 6th 40 oz bottle.

May can out zone you. It's sucks. She can sit on a hoopset and 5K(low/throw invincible)>f.S you at a farther range than you can f.s her. Not to mention how wide j.HS is. -_- If you are gonna zone you must rely on HSS_4 and HSS_7 and more importantly HS call backs.

May, Robo, Jam, HOS, Venom all gain significant advantage if you try and zone them. This forces Bridget to play RTSD and footsies w/ these characters when frankly her normals have low priority and her rush is poor w/out a KD/set-up first.

because our character is actually a girl and awesome. :/ go figure. Stop doing wake-up starships (or W/E the hell that DP move is called) dammit, I'm going to bait them and punish you for them.and stop being so poke-happy,even though we trade with certain pokes,6P stuffs them and it isn't something you want to be trading with May, since Bridget gets dizzy faster than a drunkard on his 6th 40 oz bottle.

Wake up dp is good if your opponent get caught by them most of the time. Also its a good way to get away from pressure.

Hmmm...since we have that matchups subthread area, should we start making this and any future matchup discussions to that specific folder/thread?