Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kenja0

[CS1] Lambda vs. Tager

Gadget related things.

Backdash beats everything but 6C and 720.

j.B clashes out your DP.

Everything else is kinda secondary to those two options.

If you're looking to cover all the bases, wouldn 214A -> RC -> IAD backwards be the way to go?

j.b is amazingly effective after GF.

Tagers get insanely desperate when they get that first hit into GF and have tons of heat, so saving that DP for him mashing 720 is hilarious!

The matchup is still so shitty for him. It felt a little harder at first, but now it's easy.

Lambda basically has a slumber party with Tager and tickles him to death

Here are the three things I expect from a Tager after GF: 720, 360A, AC.

720/360A is for getting people who like to jab.

AC is for getting people who don't want to get hit by the above. I'll have to test out if any of Lambda's j. moves can beat out AC.

I'm no vet like Severin or anything, but 2147D after being Gadgeted is a terrible fucking idea

If you're magnetized and they throw out an attack on your shit that may bring you in so close it whiffs and you're either countered or punished by whatever they want

Online Tagers seriously mash desperately, 2147D will get you fucking smacked so much. Since it's not like in CT where counter TK's got you meterless 4K, the risk is just so not worth it

Your best bests are

A.) backdash

B.)j.B

3.)DP

It's a guessing game, TK shouldn't be part of that equation

ok, what do i do when a Tager just sits there and camp all day he can't hit me but I can't get any damage either it must be a patience thing going against Tager and I have no patience to zone all day.

i also like that 6B still counters a few of Tager's close up moves if you get it out early and you can get very good combos off of counter 6B such as:

6B>2C>j.2DD>j.214D>RC>5DD>2DD>6DD>2DD>j.DD>2DD.>j.DD>2DD>214D is still good damage or you can combo into both of her distortions after the 5DD>2DD :eng101:

I just want to know how do I fight a camping Tager I can't seem to zone very well I always hated zoning but it looks like I have to learn:vbang:

ok, what do i do when a Tager just sits there and camp all day he can't hit me but I can't get any damage either it must be a patience thing going against Tager and I have no patience to zone all day.

i also like that 6B still counters a few of Tager's close up moves if you get it out early and you can get very good combos off of counter 6B such as:

6B>2D>j.2DD>j.214D>RC>5DD>2DD>6DD>2DD>j.DD>2DD.>j.DD>2DD>214D is still good damage or you can combo into both of her distortions after the 5DD>2DD :eng101:

I just want to know how do I fight a camping Tager I can't seem to zone very well I always hated zoning but it looks like I have to learn:vbang:

First off, yes you do have to learn to zone. Its by far the best part of Lambda's game and the entire point of her character. The goal of this matchup is to zone him the whole match. Try to use spike chaser from a distance and if he jumps 2d>236d, he'll land into the 236d (though if you hitconfirm the 2d just combo from there). Eventually you can get a guardcrush on a patient Tager between the 214d~c and 236d. Use 5d, but try not to be predictable about using it in a pattern. Your follow up to 5d should mainly be 4d or more spike chaser. If he's used to 4d you can go from 236b. If he's in range to hit you and you 5d and he sledges it, just cancel it into 214a and score a CH and a free combo. Against a "camping" Tager you definitely have the advantage (well, against tager in general but still) since all he has is spark bolt. When he gets spark bolt be really careful about using spike chaser at all and don't be patterned about your other D moves or he'll just slam you with his projectile.

And uh...do you mean 4b? Because I don't even see how its possible 6b would create that combo.

First off, yes you do have to learn to zone. Its by far the best part of Lambda's game and the entire point of her character. The goal of this matchup is to zone him the whole match. Try to use spike chaser from a distance and if he jumps 2d>236d, he'll land into the 236d (though if you hitconfirm the 2d just combo from there). Eventually you can get a guardcrush on a patient Tager between the 214d~c and 236d. Use 5d, but try not to be predictable about using it in a pattern. Your follow up to 5d should mainly be 4d or more spike chaser. If he's used to 4d you can go from 236b. If he's in range to hit you and you 5d and he sledges it, just cancel it into 214a and score a CH and a free combo. Against a "camping" Tager you definitely have the advantage (well, against tager in general but still) since all he has is spark bolt. When he gets spark bolt be really careful about using spike chaser at all and don't be patterned about your other D moves or he'll just slam you with his projectile.

And uh...do you mean 4b? Because I don't even see how its possible 6b would create that combo.

What happened was I accidentally put 2D instead of 2C so it's:

6B>2C>j.2DD>j.214D>RC>5DD>2DD>6DD>2DD>j.DD>2DD.>j. DD>2DD>214D is still good damage or you can combo into both of her distortions after the 5DD>2DD

my bad...

Now this is a problem that I seem to run into a lot against other players- Tager being the most notable, Bang being the most annoying.

How do people deal with Tager spamming 5A when they are close or when you get Gadget Fingered? This is when you don't have/want to use Gravity Seed? I try to attack with my own 5A, but Tager always seems to get there first. And backdash won't startup fast enough.

As for 5A spam, just barrier for a few hits, and he'll be out of range in no time. After gadget, you can backdash 5a mash, if you try to DP, and he times a 5a right, he will actually fully recover from the 5a in time to block your DP, and punish.

As far as random 6B's go. I have no idea how you are getting random counterhits, as 6B is sloooow. Honestly, I'd save the meter for counter-assaults unless you really have to kill them. In which case, just combo into 3C 236B RC etc etc.

Also, if someone has the time, can someone test the following punish for me?

After IB'd 2D: 5A 5B 6B 4B 2DD 2148D 5DD 236C 2DD etc

I don't know what to do when I get magnetized.

Lambda can't lame it out with rage burst anymore with the loss of back parsars.

If he has spark meter, it feels like a 3k gamble if I stop it with CH 5D or eat a combo.

I don't know what to do when I get magnetized.

Lambda can't lame it out with rage burst anymore with the loss of back parsars.

If he has spark meter, it feels like a 3k gamble if I stop it with CH 5D or eat a combo.

When I get magnetized I like to use 236236d>236d~c>whatever to knock a bunch of time off of his magnetism. Other than that there's not much I can say, you just have to be smart really and try to react to what he does to get in...don't be proactive yourself.

When he has spark meter, you can try jumping a lot, checking for spark bolt, then j.2dd>j.214d~c and all those shenanigans. Though don't be patterned about your follow up after j.214d~c, because if you do more j.2dd he can spark bolt in the gap. However, you can use this to bait spark bolt I guess. Really when you're magnetized or he has spark bolt, just keep your distance and play the reactive game. Often when a Tager has spark bolt I don't do very much but back up, and if he does any sort of approach besides walking, I react to it. Against a flat out walking approach, 5d>other stuff but don't be predictable about when you use it.

? I've poked a lot of Tagers out of spark bolt with the second j.2D.

You're right about being magnetized though, once that happens, I'm way too afraid of being pulled in by 2D so I just play the waiting game till it wears off.

5DD>DP works, but I haven't gotten close to doing this on reaction when they sledge.

This matchup only took a day and a half before it became easy again

? I've poked a lot of Tagers out of spark bolt with the second j.2D.

You're right about being magnetized though, once that happens, I'm way too afraid of being pulled in by 2D so I just play the waiting game till it wears off.

5DD>DP works, but I haven't gotten close to doing this on reaction when they sledge.

This matchup only took a day and a half before it became easy again

I can never wait it out when I get magnetized and I always get caught with 2D what are some of the things you do to avoid it and not get caught in the corner, I'm sorta still in a Nu state of mind cause I haven't played much Lambda in a few days

@Arcade, yeah I've poked them out with a second j.2dd too now that you mention it 0_o. Though he can probably get a spark bolt out if he IBs the first j.2dd, but I'm not sure.

@Lime, you have to learn to watch for the startup of 2d. As soon as you see it 5d immediately. His 2d has a huge amount of CH vulnerability so the 5d will get you a CH to combo into 236c. By the time you finish your 236c combo the magnetism has a high chance of being over, and if its not, just keep him under sword pressure for a tad bit of time and it will end. Also, 3c beats his 2d I think, but you should try it out for yourself since I don't remember atm.

Sometimes I try to Gravity out of tager pressure and I eat Magna Tech Wheel - First hit clash then rape in my face. Ow.

Dunno, on clash I hold back but I still get hit. Either you can't block or input lag on netplay screws me over.

On clash the only way out is to cancel into another move, I think. And that move would have to beat MTW. Ragna's just spam Inferno Divider through it and it works. :P

no you can't when you clash you can only cancel into another attack, so if your DP clashes with MTW then you can only cancel into another move...in other words you are fucked.

I have some issues getting out of Tagers pressure without DP. Are there huge holes to poke with a jab or what?

Second question. How rarely should 236B be used if the 5DD/4DD didn't land? I was getting hit by Tagers 5D and getting magnetized, and then kept getting pulled in. I realized just backdashing instead of IAD avoided that.